1/6th Power droid (Gonk Gonk)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lopies Droid

gonk29.jpg

Awesome! I know I asked for a Blue one... but I don't know how far up on the list I was. Either way... looks so cool man :rock

Hi Dorgmal,
Here' some pics & screen shots of lar's blue droid and another blue droid, I hope it helps. I make your E6 power droid to be about 6.56 inches tall with the legs, could you post the length, width and height of the main body without the legs. are you making these from cardstock or styrene? I'm loving this thread.
Thanks MassProduced

Cheers for the pics Mass.
As for sizes, well I am kind of making them up as I go.
but they are about 11cm x 7cm x 14cm. and I am using styrene.
My droids are not really screen acurate, I like to have creative license.
Which is the same for most of my work.

Dorgmal

I think your creative license is the better result anyway, especially since sources aren't easy to find.

Cheers Anzik.

I have started to undercoat the 2nd powerdroid. I can not remember who this one is for as my mac died and I have to wait till my new one arrives to get my files..
Don't be scared by the bad painting, I promise it will not look like that by the time I have finished.
Don't know if I should keep the white band. I will definitely pop some orange on the other side though.

Dorgmal

gonk31.jpg

Really want to try to take more pics to document the process.
With the next one I will try to do it literally step by step if folks want me to. If not I will carry on as normal.

I am really enjoying playing with the painting and trying different things. I have just found a way of peeling paint off to look even more bet up. oww I love it.

Dorgmal

gonk32.jpg

Indeed, I really like the blue one, I think I will repaint Lopie's too, if that is ok will you Lopie.

Dorgmal

I'm not picky; whatever you like to do to the Gonk is fine with me. They all look spectacular, your work is phenomenal.

Dorgmal,

You should add the dripping exhaust port on the back side of all the gonk's. That feature on yours always gave me a giggle.

Cheers chaps. I have just got my new mac and can get to myold files and the order list.

As it stands
Powerdriod One: Lopie- special one for you with the removable side panel. Needs legs, feet and weathering. (grey)

Powerdroid Two: Galacticboy- yours is awaiting legs, feet and finished paint job. (blue with white band)

Powerdroid Three: ProgMatinee- on the drawing board

Powerdroid Four: drakeEP3- on the drawing board

Don't forget Prog or drake is you really want me to make yours more personal let me know, colour, size, logo on side.

Dorgmal

Back