1/6th Power droid (Gonk Gonk)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Right off on holiday soon, and the Mrs will not let me take the x-wing to finish, so I thought I needed a wee project.
Something to go with the Mois Eisley diorama.

Power droid it is, love it hate it you gotta have one. I wanted to do the blue one from the Lars Homestead but could not find one, so I guess I will do what I usually do and make it up as I go along.
Pics not much at mo but I will get there as I always do.

Dorgmal

gonk1.jpg

awesome..........Dorgmal is all over the items we want for our sw line. YOU GO BOY !!!!!!

Looks good so far.

A note: The vintage blue Power droid was based off a droid seen at the Lars Homestead. The problem is the sculptors of the prototype were working from a VERY bad and fuzzy photo from the movie. The actual droid looks nothing like the figure but the figure looks EXACTLY like the crappy photo they used. Also the photo of the power droid from the vintage cardback is not the droid the figure was modeled after.

I've seen the original photo that was used for the prototype but I can't seem to find it online. I'll keep looking.

This was suposed to a little project for my holiday!! But as usual I had a late night. I will take pics later and post em up.

Dorgmal

Looking good. I hope Sideshow did be making these guys in time. Not to mention they go really well with Jawas.:D

Hi Dormal,
It's looking awesome as usual, we need the plans and a parts list and step by step instuctions for the less talented like my self.

Hi MaasP,
I will do my best to get some plans together, but most of the time I just build as I think!

Dorgmal

Cheers Doug, I am glad I inspire you to to make a mess, but please appologise to your Mrs for me :D

The basic work on Gonk1 is done. Still got the feet and legs to make!
Gonna paint it up silver then under coat it.
Think he is gonna end up being grey. Or I might do it blue like the Lars one.

D

gonk3.jpg

gonk4.jpg

Back