1/6th Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price and display space make stuff like this prohibitive.

Although I'd like a swoop bike for AOTC Anakin.

Looks like you're off to a good start! If you have specific questions about how people have solved specific problems, you might get some suggestions.

The landspeeder is smaller and less complex than the Tumbler, so I'd think if SSC could get HT's help - a landspeeder would be the most likely SW vehicle we could get.

Great work so far, Dorgmal Snow! :rock

And I'd buy a well-made 1:6 Landspeeder in a heartbeat. IMHO, it's probably the most iconic SW vehicle that is manageable in this scale. :lecture

Cheers Irish. I agree i think the landspeeder is such a great vehicle. So is the Falcon, but I started to draw up the plans for the falcon and realized that it would nearly 6m long about 4m wide!!! just too big.
But I have made up my mind and I am going to build a 1//6th scale x-wing! (Well, part build to start.
Hopefully gonna take some more speeder pics in a bit so you can see how far I have got at the moment.

Just also want to say a massive thanks for all your kind comments, you have given me a new lease of life and re-kindled my passion.

Indeed, styrene will bend. Depending on the gauge, without heat. Gentle heat will allow it to hold the curve better.

For "gluing" I would strongly suggest a solvent rather than glue. Glue will add build up and is only based on the glue bond.

Solvents such as Pro Weld, Plasti Weld, etc.:
https://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=84113

will cause the plastic to melt and form a true plastic bond by fusing or "welding" the pieces. You can also load a seam with the solvent and then use thin styrene rod to add plastic to the joint just as you would with traditional welding. The solvent softens the plastic. Also, can even place tiny pieces of styrene into a small amount of the solvent to allow them to disolve providing you with a plastic paste for filling gaps in your joints.

Great stuff for modellers!

Cheers Doc for the styrene advice, really looking to having a play.
I have shot a few more pics. But as you can see I still have a lot to do.

Cheers Doc, bit of a rushed shoot and not a lot of room. When I have finished I will do a proper shoot which will be fun.

Cheers, glad you like it. Want to get it totally finished by christmas, then i can start on the second one or start the x-wing.

Wow man really amazing work :rock I too would love to have a 1/6 Landspeeder in my collection, such a cool an iconic vehicle!

The windshield is just a temporary one at the mo. I made a mould in clay then used a vacuum former and a piece of perspex from an old picture frame. I had never used a former before so i need to make another one sometime.

Cheers for the support. Still waiting for the styrene to turn up.
In the meantime I have started on a rough for a 1/6th scale x-wing...ooww the mrs is gonna kill me.
If any one has some good cockpit pics of the x-wing or cut aways can u send them my way.

Back