1/6th imperial troop transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys, im hoping to get a lot more done this weekend...........(i know, you've heard that before)......:cuckoo:

but my ideas keep changing on how i want to do this & keep coming up with different ways to accomplish it. as in i'm really thinking about making the roof removable as to when the remote system goes in place i can have access to it easier. & a hundred other things.............:gah:

a little more progress with the doors & the gun mount base portion.
Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-4.jpg
Picture019-3.jpg

these angles are killing me.......:gah:

but pretty pleased so far with the door. lots of puttying & sanding to do obviously.

OOOWWW chuffin groovy. Its looking amazing and I LOVE IT!!

Are you gonna make the boxes on the sides to pop ur stormies in????

thanks guys................& of course im going to make the boxes dorgs...........cant have those troopers just riding on top trying to sit on the radar dish..............:wink1:

Just showed Liam and told him that the 3 3/4 inch ones where like the holy grail of ships when we were kids... his words "now that is awesome"

:)

right on, tell liam thanks. it's still one of my favorites of the true vintage line. those boxes are going to be a toughie to do as well. i want to duplicate the line work and curves & that can be tricky with wood..............plus i have to do it 6 times.............:gah:

You can do it man!! Look what you have built so far! Chuffing amazing and its getting better and better!!

pressing on..............:)
Picture021-3.jpg

Picture020-4.jpg

Picture022-3.jpg

mark...............your jumpstart back onto the xwing inspired me to endeavor to persevere.........:hi5:

Get on with it!!! I love this project and just wait till that first coat of primmer goes on... I can guarantee trouser accidents all round... ow speaking of which... nurse.. pills... nurse!!!!!!!!

Perfect example of the talent found on these boards. My absolute favorite SW toy while I was growing up. Would play with the thing all day long, pushing the various sound and phrase buttons. Cannot wait to see the end product. Keep it up.

thanks D 2............to tell you the truth that is exactly why i joined this board..............talent abounds & a lot (not all but most) are willing to take the time to explain & even help out with words of encouragement or even sending parts to help us freaks along.........:horror.............(i know unheard of eh?....:cuckoo:.................:lol)
tons of talent but i will say that probably my most favorite & tops in talent person on this board is dorgmal snow..............his enthusiasm & support to all us meager customizers sets him at the top of the list...............:lecture..............but i digress...........a few more strides today with the gun turret.
Picture023.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture035.jpg

the gun barrels are going to be made out of a gun cleaning kit.............how apropos.........:cool:

tons of talent but i will say that probably my most favorite & tops in talent person on this board is dorgmal snow..............his enthusiasm & support to all us meager customizers sets him at the top of the list....

Yeah, that Xwing he's got going on is insane. His skills are enviable, to say the least. Continually impressed. And thanks again for the update pics on your project. Very cool to see your guys' work in progress pictures.

thanks CP. the back will have the hinged engine/door cover just like the original does. as a matter of fact im going to start the frame today as soon as i get the guns for the turret done. i want to be able to put some leds into it as well.

Back