1/6th imperial troop transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the WIP pix coming barryo. I'm very excited to see how this comes along and very glad that you were able to get back to working on it. Are you going to include the original sound effects or are you thinking of updating those as well? Looking forward to your finished product. Let us know when we can start ordering them from you, LOL.

thanks guys , been pretty excited about restarting this & doing it right, thus starting over with the new sturdier wood. and yes it will have lights sound and hopefully voices. and i will be looking at remote movement as well. but first i have to get the overall look & details down. wish me luck.......:wink1:

a little more work today................
Picture022-2.jpg

doors glued in place temporarily (i think i have them figured out now.......:))
up14.jpg

up17.jpg

up15.jpg

up16.jpg

the "battery compartment cover" looks a bit too tall to me.........does it to anyone else. i could shorten it real easy if need be.

hopefully i can get to the rest of the top portion of the radar & guns in the next few days.i want something that spins & thought about large bearings & mount some kind of platform for it.........:dunno.

i am always open to ideas so please feel free to suggest anything or critique in any way.

The battery compartment looks just a little bit oversized/tall but it still looks very good. If it is not an easy fix I wouln't worry about it, it still looks great. keep up the awesome work and please keep those WIP pix coming.

Yep, compartment is just a bit on the big side. Probably wouldn't have noticed it on my own though.

Keep kicking ass on this man... you're our only hope :pray:

I remember working so hard to get a stormtrooper to sit on the radar dish because I thought it was a seat for a gunner to operate the top guns.

thanks for the replies guys. right now i'm in the process of working out the lighting. anyone know a good source to build a circuit? as in would radio shack be a good place? i've thought about cannibalizing some existing toys and depending on the cost of building my own i may do that. i would like to have at least 9 leds but have the option of adding about 4 to six more if needed.....:)

btw darth cruel i had to laugh at that just a little bit.............:lol

Last edited:
not as far along as i had hoped but life & the complexity of this and torn between keeping this original or artistic likeness is driving me a bit mad.............:lol
anyway, i cut the battery compartment down & started on the radar & gun turret base. note the gun i have glued in place is something i did for another projectand will not be the final one.
1-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

i spared no expense with that.....:wink1:......the round part is a rubber clear rubber ball which may get scrapped if paint wont stick to it & the gun is actually the hasbro binocular set that came with a tusken raider that has a couple of barrels mounted to the eye piece...:lol

Back