1/6th imperial troop transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
alrighty then..........since we've seen some custom work that we probably wont get realized in the 1/6th scale from any company, i wanted to visit a vehicle that i know would never get made in a million years...:lol. anyone remember this?
imperial_cruiser.jpg

i have the plans drawn up from scans & autocad enhanced prints & now putting this endeavor to material.....my humble beginnings
Picture001.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

very much a work in progress but i hope to get some more pics up soon.
i'm kind of torn between making it look like the original toy or giving it a more updated look............:confused:
the more i think about it i think im going to do a cross of both..................like update the guns & radar dish. i still want to incorporate some electronics as well like the original sound effects.........only better.....:D
time will tell..............but this is the one project on the bench that will get the most attention. & please please please throw ideas out for this as it goes along. right now im really wanting the troop holders to come out like the original toy because it has some great lines to it. i know the cab is going to be the most difficult part to pull off & i will post some wip pics & hopefully get some good feedback to get this thing just right......:banana

Last edited:
I had a thought about that it would be cool to see a non movie kenner vehicle but I was thinking along the lines of a mini rig.This is going to be interesting.I too am looking forward to seeing this pulled off.

This looks like it will be a challenge:D. I think before too long we will see most of the various ships/cockpits/figures made here! Great idea for a project. Wouldn't have figured anyone would tackle that. Sounds like you're on the right track. Very much looking forward to your progress reports.

This was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I am really looking forward to seeing the completed project!

You know I think I have seen most custom stuff then this comes alone!!! barryo this is gonna be amazing!!!!!
It was one of the things I never had as a kid but always wanted. My friend had one and I was so jealous.... And I think I may be rather envious of your 1/6th scale when its done.

Please keep the wip pics coming.

mark

got a few more items cut out. the roof top of the cab & the top & bottom edges of the doors & cowling. the cab will have to be framed in.
Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

i decided that this material im using is going to be for a pattern only and go with basswood & balsa. i think that will be easier to work with and fill & sand to get the round edges.

well...............it has taken it's first breath..............:google

trp1.jpg

trp2.jpg

trp3.jpg

trp4.jpg

i would be a lot further along with this than i am but the wife has gone all "extreme makeover" with our house.........:mad:
so i can only really work on this between honey-do's...(WOMEN !......:cuss)..............;)

all this is just kind of a dry run put together with a drop of hot glue until i get it just right. i have so many ideas for this thing but right now i just want to get the body put together. i've decided i'm not going to rush this and really take my time to get it right.

well i finally got around to some more work on this after tons of honey-do's.......:rolleyes:

a bit of a slow go but what can you do???....:lol

i seperated the cab from the main body for ease of working with the material. pretty much still working on the frame but the bear of this project is the cab & the doors..:banghead

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

the door portal opening is wider than the original toy is for now but i did that on purpose with the intent of changing it or fudging it a bit depending on where the driver figure actually winds up with seating.

it is alive.............

well after a bit of a break from this project due to hitting a wall with it............(not literally)...........i started up again. i had chosen too thin of material & it was giving me fits. so a basic redo but more progress in the last two days than when i first started............
up1.jpg

up2.jpg

up3.jpg

up4.jpg

up6.jpg

pay no attention to that wobble-cotted (crooked) middle frame.........it's an obstacle contusion.........hehehe.
up7.jpg

up8.jpg

up9.jpg

up10.jpg

up11.jpg

man this thing is a pain.............so much left to do.........and i want to get it just about like the original toy..........but with a more realistic style. the rounded edges on it are going to be tricky. i have lots of plans on how technologically terrified i want to make this (lights, sound,..........movement perhaps) but for now im just concentrating on the shape of things to come.............i see bondo/filler in my future.

It's coming along nicely barryo. I'm also glad to see you're able to get back to this. You just need a few GG 12" Stormtroopers now :lol

Lookin' good! :clap

Glad to see this one hasn't been given up on! Should be very awesome. :D
thanks dood................:wave
It's coming along nicely barryo. I'm also glad to see you're able to get back to this. You just need a few GG 12" Stormtroopers now :lol

thanks & noooooooooooooooooooo...................:gah:..............:lol

i do actually want a boba fett though.............:pray:

Back