1/6th Hammerhead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammerhead is a great figure, I dont know how much HT could improve on it. Sideshow definitely made a quality piece with this.

sTKIVbq.jpg

Man that looks great. These figures were made in the times before all the good sculpt / Paint artists at Sideshow moved to Hot Toys :)

OK I made that up.....but wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.

It is weird how a lot of the older creatures/aliens from Sideshow hold up better than a lot of their newer stuff. I mean things like this, Greedo, Bossk, Jabba, the Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna all hold up fairly well for being older. They could all be improved but mostly they're not too bad.

It is weird how a lot of the older creatures/aliens from Sideshow hold up better than a lot of their newer stuff. I mean things like this, Greedo, Bossk, Jabba, the Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna all hold up fairly well for being older. They could all be improved but mostly they're not too bad.

A number of their alien Jedi from the PT and their clones are all pretty decent too honestly. I was just going through and dusting and rearranging my detolfs and ended up getting distracted playing with Plo Kloon, the Battle Droids, Grievous, and my Palpatine/Sidious 2 pack. Even the last one, while lacking in paint quality is actually a pretty cool figure set (and I paid $105 for a 2 pack which all seems insane now).

HT needs to come out with some. I'd like to see their version of Greedo also what they could do with Hammerhead. But as for aliens most likely Wicket since they've revealed Endor Luke n Leia.

even if HT did hammer head it would have to be awesome and I mean awesome to want me to replace this awesome job that SS did on hammer head. but for greedo I would like to see.

Yeah, Hammerhead would be a wasted effort. If they're still in the game, hopefully Sideshow is thinking of Walrus Man and the Doctor after Rogue One. Must have been on their short list when they were doing the aliens.

even if HT did hammer head it would have to be awesome and I mean awesome to want me to replace this awesome job that SS did on hammer head. but for greedo I would like to see.

SS Version is amazing don't get me wrong. Those looking for one can't find one for a good price. Just figuring that a new version HT or SSC (2nd version) would be a wanted piece by many.

I don't think they would release a second version. I don't know what this goes for on the secondary market but it sounds like it goes pretty high.

I see there's one of these on eBay for $225. It was $250 but the seller knocked off $25. I'm almost tempted but it still feels high for an alien figure that only appears briefly.

I see there's one of these on eBay for $225. It was $250 but the seller knocked off $25. I'm almost tempted but it still feels high for an alien figure that only appears briefly.

HT isn't showing that it has any intent on doing aliens. IF it does, it will likely be Greedo, Sandpeople, Jawas, Gamorrean, etc. The chances of Hammerhead are very slim, and years away, thus $350 given the size and lack of reuse.

Spend the $225 if you really want him.

Yeah I agree about another version being slim. I have a hard time justifying $235 for Tarkin and he's a bigger character in terms of importance. :lol. Hammerhead is cool but I don't really have a display for him. If I had the cantina nook or the table and chair for him to sit at I'd scoop him up. I also wish Sideshow would show some more intent to continue cantina characters that some of us want but I don't think it's happening.

Yeah, don't get it then. Clutter is bad -- I have way too many figures to display and its no fun to have them in a box.

There were a few custom options long ago through Enaud... I picked up his sculpts and hands for Mosep Bineed and Nabrun Leids... but never finished those. I have a Weequay too that I have to put together. Uggggg... so many unfinished projects.

This is what happens -- the 'next thing' comes along and you get distracted with a new set-up or display options.

Speaking of projects, I might have to break this thing out and finish it. Roron Corobb, the Ithorian Jedi from the Tartakovsky Clone Wars...

36208694300_5a0c2c0268_o.jpg

35769828874_fe56aca36d_o.jpg

Thats awesome. Sideshow should be thinking of things like that. Would be a great re-use of the Hammerhead parts.

Only thing I don't like about this great figure is how Sideshow didn't make the neck the same width as the head. Literally it looks odd with the head being wider than the body unlike the old action figures where the head and the body were the same width.

Luis

This thread just reminded me, I bought this first release and saved it for my brother who has never opened it...
It's been sitting in a bottom shelf display for years!

And I also had a first gen Maul from Sideshow waiting for the duel of the fates trio, which I now have but haven't opened because the newer two are way better?

Back