1/6th Greedo and Cantina set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pretty outdated figure. Headsculpt is more generic rodian than Greedo and the jumpsuit is parachute material but I guess it would be better than nothing if HT won't do him and SSC won't do a new one.

Yeah, the old figure is looks decent enough but for how much better it could be, I don’t feel like the premium price he goes for nowadays is worth it. It’d be awesome if they had a V2 at SDCC.

Yeah, the old figure is looks decent enough but for how much better it could be, I don’t feel like the premium price he goes for nowadays is worth it. It’d be awesome if they had a V2 at SDCC.

Yeah Greedo's a character that's so desperately in need of a 1/6 update but by the time they get to him, he's going to be $250. The SSC one was $95 eight years ago and you have to wonder whether so many of these badly needed secondary characters like Ackbar are worth paying that kind of $250+ money for.

The fact that Dengar sold out 2000 units at $240 is encouraging though, and Greedo's possibly more desirable/iconic than Dengar (though Dengar had that "complete the BH set" aspect that Greedo doesn't have, and ANH Han is a long-ago release now.) Sideshow is a company I've long-ago ceased trying to figure out the logic behind but you'd think that doing a cluster of cantina releases with Hammerhead, Greedo, Walrusman and Snaggletooth would be such OBVIOUS sellers - yet here we are with yet another Yoda. I mean they must be masochists over there.:slap

I got tired of waiting so sold my SSC Greedo and made a custom version that didn't cost much that I'm much happier with than I was with the SSC Greedo because it feels like ANH Greedo (SSC fig just didn't pass for ANH Greedo - at all - to me.) The display of my custom Greedo, Walrusman and the SSC Hammerhead is one of my favorite parts in my collection - seeing them together really pops because it's so SW to me, also because their colors all work nicely together.

Greedo, Hammerhead and Thrawn are the only SS figures I missed out on that I really regret. I really hope someone either SSC or HT does this guy again.

That sounds awesome. Please tell me you have a pic of that?:)

I'll have to take a pic of the three of them together. This pic is just the two customs when I made them. The only part that is Sideshow on the Greedo is the jumpsuit (which I don't love, but it works okay.)

Walrusman's gun was a total pain to scratch build and I never liked the fingered/furred hands so went with the flippers (this is how he grips the gun in the movie - its a very soft rubber the actor distorts with his hand to grip the pistol.) Greedo's hand and pistol are also scratch built.

kpVRSgw.jpg

Though it’s an old figure I think he really pops on the shelf. Also I like that the body is clearly female like the actor was. Thought that I would do a body swap, but I don’t think I will now.

Greedo and Hammerhead are still two of SS's best figures. They hold up very well today, I just wish I had room to display mine, those two and the Tusken Raider are languishing in storage till I get a bigger place.

Paul was a female?

Who knew?

Well, smart ass, I can inform you that at least in some shots Greedo was played by a woman. That, surprise, wasn’t Paul... don’t know if you can see his or her body the most -doesn’t matter, the thing is that Greedo has a rather petite look I think. I like this body for that reason.
7015405d86fc25d4df5f00a4a8511763.jpg

0b3677ec8cd5b180c59bfe748c24d529.jpg

fd8f9379814a5893f1d790d4700fa077.jpg

Still really wish Sideshow would do a re-release of this as well as Hammerhead and maybe start doing some other memorable cantina characters (I don’t really care about the band members but I guess if people want them too). Also a Tusken Raider would be great.

It's pretty obvious which actor plays which version of Greedo - Blake is the one in the full pocketed vest, Greedo hands and interacts with Ford in the wider shots. Aragon is in the pocketless vest and has the wrong "generic cantina alien" hands. Aragon is never seen full body, only playing Greedo in the closer-up - though "iconic" - talking shots.

It's pretty obvious which actor plays which version of Greedo - Blake is the one in the full pocketed vest, Greedo hands and interacts with Ford in the wider shots. Aragon is in the pocketless vest and has the wrong "generic cantina alien" hands. Aragon is never seen full body, only playing Greedo in the closer-up - though "iconic" - talking shots.

Thanks for the clarification!

Back