1/6th General Maximilian Veers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK here it is a MAJOR WIP! here's the field grey uniform the missus has sewn up from the pattern I posted earlier (it's needs alteration so if you are going to use it, please as a guide only) at the moment its on the hasbro emps body ( it's a bit small ) I'm going to get the Buck, the Noggin is about the same size as the older SS figs but I made the neck a bit long it seems & the helmets fits snuggly, I'm also going to have to source the gloved hands (pietts on the way) the back armour & the belt (it seems my spare Snowtrooper didn't have one :( ) the boots are borrowed from a german soldier whos packed away, so I'll wait till he asks for them back :p

It looks good. Was this her first attempt at 1/6 scale pants and shirts?

As for altering, if you mean the shoulder it may be easier to make a new
one because that's how it usually works with shirts and pants this small.

The problem most people have is that they try to do the seams in the
same way they should be on a full size shirt, when for things this size
they are done a bit different and different order. Its impossible to about
making something like a 1/6 scale shirt exactly like you would a for a
full size and have it come out right, or at least till we get 1/6 scale
sewing machines to work with.:D Also trying to shrink a full size pattern
can be hard since you have to account for the thickness of the fabric
especially for shoulders.

These are some quick sketches I make for the dude person a few days
ago.

The actual pattern shapes on these sketches are rubbish, these are
just guides for stitching order really. Sorry for their sloppiness but I
had these uploaded already

shirtpattern.jpg

pantspatten01.jpg

Anyhow I hope they help people out. If anyone has any questions feel
free to ask.

Thanks... yes this was the wife's 1st attempt with the exception of the shoulders being a bit wide (This may be fixed by the wider & positional buck shoulders) it's actually better then hasbro quality.
The pattern was one I made up it's on an earlier page (my 1st as well) It's a matter of getting used to the amount of material needed, (more then I thought) & again the stitching order we just worked out as we went along .... thanks for your advise should be helpful on the second attempt... it's good she's keen to do more now!

Bill, you are a "Sewing Machine"!! Get it?:D

sewing machine of the freaks:D

shock- veers is looking really good! kudos to your wife on the outfit. very nice for the first attempt. can't wait to see the progress on this guy!

Thanks Ryan...I 've made adjustments to the pattern for the shoulders & collar the plan is to make Vr2 tonight.....thats the plan anyway :)

Ok had it remade last night, Fit is a lot better & the shoulders are a lot tighter as well, it did have a mishap on the pocket so the missus wants another go :), will post updated pics once the collar & bottom hem is done

I'm pointing my wife in the direction of this thread.She needs to put her predjudices asside, stop calling me girly names, and put that sewing machine to good use.

You hear me woman? Those kids don't need no more jackets 'n' jerkins. Ma dollies are gettin mighty chilly over here!

Small update on my Veers. I added the back armor(Hasbro AT-AT Driver), still need to paint it. I added helmet communicator and gloves.

veers5.jpg

veers6.jpg

Im having a hard time finding proper goggles. Anyone have any ideas??

Chris

Last edited:
Small update on my Veers. I added the back armor(Hasbro AT-AT Driver), still need to paint it. I added helmet communicator and gloves.

veers5.JPG

veers6.JPG

Im having a hard time finding proper goggles. Anyone have any ideas??

Chris

Looking great Chaka, Im planning on the ATST drivers for goggles, you could look for some SAS or spec ops ones people use for GI JOE snake eyes, I've stolen the ATST's pretty boots already & gave him some German soldier ones (more suitable for his class)

I'm pointing my wife in the direction of this thread.She needs to put her predjudices asside, stop calling me girly names, and put that sewing machine to good use.

You hear me woman? Those kids don't need no more jackets 'n' jerkins. Ma dollies are gettin mighty chilly over here!

:lol DG the only downside now is the missus wants me to help her make real dollies cloths now :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:rotfl

Yeah, those ATST goggles are hard to find. I also have ordered a few pairs of German soldier boots, these are just stand ins for now.

The boots you've got now are the best IMO. more officer style the german soldier boots suit the lesser ranks very well though

Ok , here's the latest attempt or VR2
This one has my 2nd Veers sculpt (smaller version), I broke its nose in the process of temp gluing it DOH!, and it is also the 2nd attempt at the jacket (modified pattern) overall it,s a very nice fit now & the 3rd version will just require us to be more careful where we cut (oops my fault).
at the moment the head is just temp glued on a hasbro bod & the stormtrooper hands are basically just shoved in the sleeves.... not to mention Dooku's belt, I also went and bought some mold maker so I can copy the belt as well.

Sorry Chaka didn't mean to hijack your thread..just got excited when I saw Veers

I made one of these guys back in the Hasbro-only days (probably 2004). Been awhile since I had him out on display.

Back