1/6th General Maximilian Veers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started another project today. I started working on General Veers. After looking at a lot of websites and images with Mark(Dorgs), I decided to get going on him.

Here is the reference picture I am using...
veers_armor.jpg

I just got done painted the armor, no detail on it yet. I am using my Piett as a stand in to see how it looks. All the armor is modded and painted from the Hasbro Snowtrooper. Here are a couple of pictures.

veers2.jpg

What I cant decide is what color Veers' outfit is suppose to be. Is it the color of Piett's or is it more grey?? I have seen images where it looks like both colors. I am kinda curious what you guys think.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I am guessing it is closer to Piett's than grey.

I know thhe helmet sits a bit high, but I did not want to dremmel my Piett :D

It's hard to tell the color of Veers' armor... the best shots I can find are in the AT-AT cockpit like this:

veers3.jpg

It might be a hair darker than you have but I don't have a good eye for it. Regardless, it looks like an excellent start! Veers is one of my most wanted figures.

Yep, on film I always thought the outfits were gray... but evidently they are actually green.

They're just a weird color. I've seen pictures of Piett where the outfit looks green and ones where it looks grey.... Same with the film. Some scenes look green, other grey.

i think the color from the hasbro officer would be good. problem is its got such short sleeves.

Another cool project started. You're the man Chaka.

I gotta go with green. I could be wrong, but I've been doing some research as well, and although some outfits were custom made, a lot of background uni's were just bashes, mostly from British WWI and WWI surplus shops. Since the NATzi's (in your best Inglorious Basterds voice) had all the grey stuff, I'm inclined to say a grey-ish shade of green. I just might have to watch the movie again to confirm:D Most have my research has been looking at "good guy" stuff, so take it for what it's worth. Good luck!

looks great...............do you think it would be possible to flair the sides of the helmet out a bit???..........looks a little to strait down but overall it really does kick ass.

Thanks guys!

looks great...............do you think it would be possible to flair the sides of the helmet out a bit???..........looks a little to strait down but overall it really does kick ass.

I was thinking of that. I may boil the sides i nwater and see if I can flair them out a bit.

The reference info I looked at said that Veers' helmet was the same ones used for the Snowtroopers.

Maybe I will just make a generic AT-AT Commander. :D

check it out. the hasbro officer uni fits almost perfectly on a prometheus!

just needs some work on the collar.

looking good I started this project a while back, I've got all the snowtrooper spares and even made a pattern for the uniform & had a mock up made (in the wrong colour) I was going to use the Hasbro ATST helmet as I think it looks more accurate, I also sculpted a Veers head, well twice now. Pics are in an old thread & PC if anyones interested, I also have a basic pattern as mentioned for the imperial uniform

Looking good Chakaman.

check it out. the hasbro officer uni fits almost perfectly on a prometheus!
just needs some work on the collar.
hasbro's imperial officer was released on a GI Joe body.They didn't have the shorter arms as the previous Joe Hall of Fame style figures.
I remember trying to do a heads swap with Tarkin way back & being bummed out by it.

The Uniform's color is what's known as "Field Grey"; basically, the same color as some uniforms worn by the Germans in WW1. It's a twitchy grey-green mix, sort of an olive grey. In the original german uniforms(which are made of wool) there are green and grey blended in the threads that make up the fabric. Very subtle...PS

If you have one with shorter arms like Tarkins you can always add cuffs to the sleeves to make them a tad bit longer ( 8mm at most with the slight overlap), but it will only look good if the fabric matches.

I was going to do it with mine years ago and I got some matching fabric but never got to it. Now I suppose I would just make one from scratch using better colors though.

album.php

heres a quick pic of my veers- imperial officer on new body with modified snow trooper armour and at st helmet

edit****sorry its a crap image i must sort out a online photo thing

Last edited:
Back