1/6th Delta Squad Republic Commandos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes, you would not believe how happy I am, I think I was getting a little stressed out over a few things I was doing that were a bit of a pain due to this and that, but now that I can go back to spending some time checking things off the Star Wars to do list I feel much better.

I will be posting a load of pictures over the weekend.

Splendid DP glad you have started work on him and mate you really should of asked and I would have dremeled it out you crazy scissor welding weasel love lonney!!

Well I am on my last run of armour parts I have about 9 bits left to do and then Jedi guys parts will be away as soon as Vivisect amazing body suits arrive. Man vs Machine and Yorick I will start putting together your scorch and omega commando then as well. I have got the bodies and we are nearly there!!

Dorgs you silly old goose, I said my dremel might not suffice, and you said you'd dremel out the parts for me "over the weekend" or some such, and I said something to the extent of "well I don't mind the wait, as long as the pieces get dremeled out"

So really I did say so, and you agreed to do it, too!

But it's ok, the scissors worked well. After a while anyway... so much scraping... :lol

it was only the parts like the shins and gauntlets that needed shaving away inside.

Oh yes, and pickles!

Here he is, kinda blurry. Don't mind the head, it's just a stand in until I can finish the helmet or recast my Hasbro Jango headsculpt.

FILE0947.jpg

the hands are just clonobi hands stuck on BBI G3.5 wrist pegs. Fits very nicely actually. I'll probably get some more hands at some point, but these look good for now.

FILE0958.jpg

Here's a hand actually attached to the body. Looks normal right?

FILE0959.jpg

Well it isn't!!! See!

FILE0960.jpg

Luckily that part gets covered pretty nicley by both bodysuit and gauntlet. If you look closesly enough in the above 2 pics, you may be able to see where the strip of black stretchy fabric is holding on the elbow plate. It blends in really well though.

Here's the elbow plate by itself, so you can see what I did with the strap better.

FILE0961.jpg

I also used the black stretchy fabric for the shoulder pads, it has a hole in the middle for the neck to go through (the masking tape is just temporary, I'll superglue the pieces to the fabric once I get everything painted up. I glued the elbow pad strap on before I thought of needing to paint it first though. :slap)

FILE0964.jpg

here it is right side up, underneath a clonobi neckseal (with a head shoved through the hole of course)

FILE0965.jpg

here's my pathetic and terribly blurry attempt at mimicking the cover of Hard Contact, turned out horrible... Man, I need to work on that helmet, don't know if you can see them but there are huge grey-green lumps of Mighty Putty on top of it, looks like he stood under a flock of migrating birds...

FILE0967.jpg

Oh and the chest and abdominal armor is just held on with masking tape for now, might glue pieces of stretchy fabric inside both front and back, that way it can come apart a little to put it on the figure, then it will un-stretch and fit nice and tightly on it.

That's all I've got for now. I still have a long way to go on him. But at least it's a start.

I got caught by my wife doing something similar the other day, but it was with a $40 pair of scissors she picked up for me recently, and she nearly killed me. :lol

:rotfl That's funny, I didn't know there were such expensive pairs of scissors in the world!

For that much, I'd expect them to be able to cut cinderblocks in two! Hmm... they don't be any chance, do they?

:rotfl That's funny, I didn't know there were such expensive pairs of scissors in the world!

For that much, I'd expect them to be able to cut cinderblocks in two! Hmm... they don't be any chance, do they?

Thats actually pretty average for a good pair, you should see the fancy velvet lined metal box they came in, they even came with a sheath, on top of that, a life time warranty and free sharpening when ever they need it. I actually needed them when I was making all the body suits, they have almost microscopic serrations that prevent fabric from slipping which is a problem for things like spandex, so they make cutting fabric very easy. Which is also why they have to be professionally sharpened, or you can ruin them.

As a mater of fact they cut so well that I nearly cut one of my fingers off the first day and didn't notice till I got curious as to why there was massive puddle of blood on the floor and running down my leg.:horror I probably shouldn't mention the 4 scout trooper cummerbund and pouch sets that got blood soaked and ruined that day.:(

Anyhow, I have like 4 nice pairs of fabric scissors for different purposes, all pretty pricey, believe me sewing isn't cheap if you really get into it. :lol

So even though its not 1/6th scale and has nothing to do with Dorgmal's awesome commando kits nor the amazing work everyone is doing on them, its still commando related.

After researching something about Sandtroopers I came across this site:

https://www.cushmanpaintball.com/replicaspage.html

This place is loaded with awesome 1/1 scale weapons that some people can't even buy, or if you can would cost you tons apon tons of money. Example, a Ma Duce(50 Cal. machine gun) for a whole $75 bucks. And one with a little time and effort can make these into airsoft guns. But the coolest thing and that made me change my pants was this beauty:

https://www.cushmanpaintball.com/RCBpage.html

Seriously tempted to get it, the Aliens M1 whatever rifle or the SMG from Halo. I don't ever really want to do any of those in full size costumes, but I've always loved the design of the weapons. Plus I knew someone like The Dude Person would drool over the rifle like I did. Best part is it really isn't all that pricey. If you look under the custom build stuff someone even added an LED read out screen and lights on the magazine, which if I ever get one I may just have to figure out how to do.

Anyways, carry on with the awesome commando stuff, just figured others would enjoy that site as much as I did. Plus for the price one could even make a good display with the blaster in the backround.

So even though its not 1/6th scale and has nothing to do with Dorgmal's awesome commando kits nor the amazing work everyone is doing on them, its still commando related.

After researching something about Sandtroopers I came across this site:

https://www.cushmanpaintball.com/replicaspage.html

This place is loaded with awesome 1/1 scale weapons that some people can't even buy, or if you can would cost you tons apon tons of money. Example, a Ma Duce(50 Cal. machine gun) for a whole $75 bucks. And one with a little time and effort can make these into airsoft guns. But the coolest thing and that made me change my pants was this beauty:

https://www.cushmanpaintball.com/RCBpage.html

Seriously tempted to get it, the Aliens M1 whatever rifle or the SMG from Halo. I don't ever really want to do any of those in full size costumes, but I've always loved the design of the weapons. Plus I knew someone like The Dude Person would drool over the rifle like I did. Best part is it really isn't all that pricey. If you look under the custom build stuff someone even added an LED read out screen and lights on the magazine, which if I ever get one I may just have to figure out how to do.

Anyways, carry on with the awesome commando stuff, just figured others would enjoy that site as much as I did. Plus for the price one could even make a good display with the blaster in the backround.

:drool Ahh...

eh? What? Oh, yeah, I guess I was drooling over it. Oh no, my keyboard is all slimey now...

Yeah that's awesome! For $49? That's a steal! Although, it's a little too thick, top to bottom... But still awesome!

oh, and I've confirmed that Delta Squad will make an appearance in Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3. I've quoted myself from the CW thread, see look!

I just saw a trailer for season 3 on youtube, and lo and behold, there's a brief, low-lighting shot of Delta Squad (the Republic Commandos) in the back of a ship.

Did anyone else notice that?

The CW has pissed all over SW so far... Half of me likes the idea of RC's showing up in the CW, the other half is very afraid of the show ruining the Commandos like many other things... After what happened to the Mandalorians on the show, it doesn't bode well...

And the thing with Maul's brother, wow. Just wow. It's not like there's just one of em either, it shows like 5 with the same tatoos... If the CW didn't piss all over everything so much, it might actually be enjoyable for us adults too.

EDIT:

here's the video, look at 2:05
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i8MC_KPE4c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i8MC_KPE4c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
here's a screen grab

cwcommandos.jpg

Thought you guys might like to know about that.

Personally, I think the CW might ruin the RC's (or at least try to), I mean they already f'd up the Mandalorians (most turned into a "peaceful" people, instead of a kick-@$$ warrior culture) and Boba Fett's story (he blows up his father's helmet, and Slave I..... So apparently he gets his armor from someplace else, even though in the EU, he repaints Jango's armor. And by the way, Slave I is a prison guard ship that was the last of its kind after Jango stole it and blew up the rest of the prototypes, so it'd be impossible to get another one!)

Anyway, enough ranting, back to 1/6 scale commandos.

I'm still working on... an upgrade for my RC, will post pics soon!

Last edited:
And by the way, Slave I is a prison guard ship that was the last of its kind after Jango stole it and blew up the rest of the prototypes, so it'd be impossible to get another one!

The Slave I was originally just a modified Firespray patrol ship ( a flying police car basically:) ), and was very common except for modifications made by Boba. That was the case since the mid 80's anyhow according to the RPG books I used to have, and in the mid 90's flight sims, which they need to make another sequel to already, X-Wing Alliance is starting to look a tad dated after 13 years.:lol But it still kicks a$$ anyhow.

Changes to things have happened a lot over the years, so at this point who really cares what little details they change in the Star Wars galaxie anymore, they have been doing it long before the Clone Wars series.

The Clone Wars is suppose to be entertaining, and it is, and hasn't really F'ed up anything that matters as far as I am concerned, but then again I don't feel the need to take Star Wars so seriously. If really people don't like it they don't have to watch it, but claiming it's pissing all over SW is just silly, since unless they contradict something from the films, then they have done nothing wrong at all, since as I said before, its been going on long before the Clone Wars series or the prequels.

If you really want to complain about the Clone Wars, then it should be because it is basically a marketing tool, and only exists to continue to sell more merchandise to younger and newer audiences, like the children the Clone Wars is aimed at.

If anything the comics have done much worse things, ever read Dark Empire? After reading some of the garbage Dark Horse has published its hard to care what they do in the Clone Wars, I still haven't even looked at a Star Wars comic in well over 10 years, and likely never will again.

Anyhow, as far as I am concerned Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc Pit. :pfft:

:)

The Slave I was originally just a modified Firespray patrol ship ( a flying police car basically:) ), and was very common except for modifications made by Boba. That was the case since the mid 80's anyhow according to the RPG books I used to have, and in the mid 90's flight sims, which they need to make another sequel to already, X-Wing Alliance is starting to look a tad dated after 13 years.:lol But it still kicks a$$ anyhow.

Changes to things have happened a lot over the years, so at this point who really cares what little details they change in the Star Wars galaxie anymore, they have been doing it long before the Clone Wars series.

The Clone Wars is suppose to be entertaining, and it is, and hasn't really F'ed up anything that matters as far as I am concerned, but then again I don't feel the need to take Star Wars so seriously. If really people don't like it they don't have to watch it, but claiming it's pissing all over SW is just silly, since unless they contradict something from the films, then they have done nothing wrong at all, since as I said before, its been going on long before the Clone Wars series or the prequels.

If you really want to complain about the Clone Wars, then it should be because it is basically a marketing tool, and only exists to continue to sell more merchandise to younger and newer audiences, like the children the Clone Wars is aimed at.

If anything the comics have done much worse things, ever read Dark Empire? After reading some of the garbage Dark Horse has published its hard to care what they do in the Clone Wars, I still haven't even looked at a Star Wars comic in well over 10 years, and likely never will again.

:goodpost:
You totally beat me to it. Could not have said it better myself Bill.:exactly:

I agree , though I'm a little more willing to give " Clone Wars" the benefit of the doubt , as it's creators seem to be "genuine" Star Wars fans and , at the end of the day , it's a good show . And I don't know about you , but that third season looks like it's going to be excellent !
They're the Republic Commandos !!!!:yess:

That's what I'm most PO'd about (the marketing to children thing). I just wish there was more for us adults, rather than Lucas just marketing to children...

I just find myself frustrated at the lack of serious Star Wars action that's going on right now. I wish they'd hurry up and make that dang live-action show with Boba Fett and the Secret Apprentice from SW:TFU in it... but ol' Georige can't make up his mind on what he wants it to be about, so they haven't done it yet...

I want to be able to enjoy the CW show, but I find I just can't... It definitely doesn't live up to any of the movies...

I personally have a serious issue with incontinuity, I just wish Lucas could pay some guy $10 an hour to make sure nothing's messing anything else up canonically. What's the point of approving EU things like books and video games if they're going to be contradicted? :dunno Oh yeah, that's right, money... :duh

If I want to know more about the Star Wars universe than what we're shown in the movies, well, I suppose I can't really, because everything is always changing.

Didn't mean to start a debate here about the Clone Wars show... The whole foundation of the thing is a bit weird, it's all about a war of puppets fighting each other so Palpatine can take over the entire galaxy and become the emperor, so the entire war is sort of... well, pointless, it's just a ruse... :rolleyes2 who cares what happens to all the puppets since we already know how it ends?

Anyway, I'm going to try to get back on topic here....

Can anyone guess what my "upgrade" to my 1/6 RC is?

Two things
That's exactly what pi&£es me off why approve something then shaft it?
ESP when it could easily work with what is already out there

Two I guessing light up visor?

funny thing is I was telling my bro at the end of season 2 man I wish they would put commandos in season 3 would be so sick....and guess what lol. wire taps in my house I think

I don't get to watch the Clone Wars much because of when it is on, but I love the show personally, and soon I will get off my a$$ and just buy the movie and seasons that are out.

I just tire of hearing people complain about the Clone Wars, then continue to watch it so they can complain some more. People just gotta learn either enjoy it for what it is or quit watching it, or at least stop complaining about it. After all, like I said before, its basically a marketing tool aimed at children.

You Know I actually saw someone a while back (I forget where) throwing a tantrum about how the show was inappropriate for children because Asoka wears a mini skirt and tube top (they forgot to mention she also wears tights :rolleyes:) , and they are trying to sell sex to 10 year olds, so I quess people will always find reason to complain about anything.

Anyhow I am not really one to care about whats cannon and whats not, but doesn't film come first, and that includes the show, that started with a movie, so theres not a lot that anyone can do about it. :)

I think it is cool actually they have good action scenes!

BTW can someone post images of the numbers on the delta squad commandos backpacks...you know 38 07 40 62 those three I need to get a good pic of those so I can make the graphic for my commandos backpacks.

That's what I'm most PO'd about (the marketing to children thing). I just wish there was more for us adults, rather than Lucas just marketing to children...

I just find myself frustrated at the lack of serious Star Wars action that's going on right now. I wish they'd hurry up and make that dang live-action show with Boba Fett and the Secret Apprentice from SW:TFU in it... but ol' Georige can't make up his mind on what he wants it to be about, so they haven't done it yet...

I read a recent interview with Lucas about the live action show, and it is supposedly being cast or filmed now ( I forget which) and wouldn't be released till the entire first season was finished being filmed. He also stated it will not include any Jedi or Sith at all, or any known character's like Boba Fett from the films. According to him its all going to revolve solely around the developing rebellion and new characters created just for the show. I don't know where people got that it would include that apprentice guy from the game, but that just seems unlikely right off the bat. Anyhow wanting them just to put out something for adults ASAP, is just asking for garbage, so be careful what you wish for.

I want to be able to enjoy the CW show, but I find I just can't... It definitely doesn't live up to any of the movies...

Well I personally feel any of the episodes I have seen is better than the phantom menace. :lol

I personally have a serious issue with incontinuity, I just wish Lucas could pay some guy $10 an hour to make sure nothing's messing anything else up canonically. What's the point of approving EU things like books and video games if they're going to be contradicted? :dunno Oh yeah, that's right, money... :duh

If I want to know more about the Star Wars universe than what we're shown in the movies, well, I suppose I can't really, because everything is always changing.

They have a whole department just for that purpose, but like I said in the last post as far as cannon is concerned, film comes first, that includes the show, then books, comics and so forth, so if you don't like it, you know what they say, :censored rolls down hill, so if it really bothers you that much, it's probably best not to sit at the bottom of the hill complaining since you will just get buried in it. :wink1:

I have been watching continuity being changed for 20 + years, so a few books, comics and game being overwritten continuity wise in just the last few years doesn't bother me in the least.

Didn't mean to start a debate here about the Clone Wars show... The whole foundation of the thing is a bit weird, it's all about a war of puppets fighting each other so Palpatine can take over the entire galaxy and become the emperor, so the entire war is sort of... well, pointless, it's just a ruse... :rolleyes2 who cares what happens to all the puppets since we already know how it ends?

Yea, but it also allowed him to dispose of the Jedi and cause the senate and general population to not trust them by leading everyone to believe they tried to assassinate him. Anyhow with out this scheme with the whole war and what not that allowed for an army to be under his control it would not have been possible to set up a dictatorship and have the majority of the senate applaud it. What better way to look like the hero to your people than have one army you secretly control attack an innocent planet, then have the army you publicly control save them from the evil Separatists. Not to mention that it apparently took him 20 or so years to even have enough control and power to dissolve the senate, since that didn't happen till ANH. As far as it all being pointless, then by your logic the prequels are pointless since we have known how it ended for 30 years. ::nana:

Last edited:
I have been watching continuity being changed for 20 + years, so a few few books, comics and game being overwritten continuity wise in just the last few years doesn't bother me in the least.

having been a comic book fan- even spidey once im used to retcons but still the prequels came out i cant help but be disappointed that lucas(film) has licensed so many contradictions,
but i am sort of enjoying the cartoons and am looking forward to a kamino episode.

All I meant was that they're treating the Clone Wars like a real war instead of an evil scheme. So it seems a bit over-glorified IMO.

The prequels aren't entirely pointless, since it filled in a lot of important information. I.E. where Anakin came from and what he was doing as a Jedi, and then how he was turned to the dark side and finally became Vader.

All that the Clone Wars show is telling us in the whole scheme of things is, there were a bunch of clones, and they fought a lot. It's just tiny details, the story has already been told start to finish. But they treat Anakin like the ultimate good guy.

It's difficult to express this concept, I don't know if anyone understands what I mean.

But like I said, back to the 1/6 RC's!

clearcommandohelmet.jpg

What you see here is a recast of the commando helmet, except it's cast in clear plastic (don't know if you can tell, since the background is just a white piece of paper)

This was just before I spraypainted the helmet white, which is why there is a paper visor insert there (to mask off the visor so it will still be clear when the rest of it is white)

This way, the visor will be transparent, and I'll be able to shine an LED through. I'm still working on figuring out how to color the visor. I was originally planning to use clear mailing labels with the visor design printed on them, then cut them out and stick em to the helmet, but I don't have any clear mailing labels right now, so I painted thin layers of paint mixed with clear varnish on a piece of a clear plastic water bottle, and that's working pretty well as a visor insert. Still a WIP though.

After a quick trip to Radioshack, I actually hooked up an LED bulb to a power supply of two AAA batteries. (I'm hoping to fit the battery-holder inside the backpack or something) There's a switch in the circuit too. I can't believe it all works so far, I've never done any sort of electrical stuff before.

Anyway, I'll post pics of the LED setup and the helmet soon if I have time.

Cool I knew someone would do it - cool as milk mate

And I am led to understand that the may be development in anakin this season - read it somewhere

Last edited:
Cool I knew someone would do it - cool as milk mate

Thanks! You should see what it looks like when it's really lit up. I'll have to take some pics soon...

And I am led to understand that the may be development in anakin this season - read it somewhere

:lol Wow, it took two seasons of a show to even hint at Anakin developing as a character.

Back