1/6th Delta Squad Republic Commandos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, look! Clone Wars cartoon versions! :lol

Seriously, C-Bob, I think you should let me handle the ref pics from now on, or else you're gonna make Dorgs screw up! :lol

Where are the commandos from officially? The game. Who can get super accurate pics of the game models? Me.

:lol

I actually think those look better than the rough, pixelated flinstoney game models.

Oh, and FYI: Game < Traviss novels.

I actually think those look better than the rough, pixelated flinstoney game models.

Oh, and FYI: Game < Traviss novels.

they may look a little more detailed, but in those pics they are so small...

anyway, I hope you guys know I was being sarcastic when I said "You better let me handle the pics C-Bob"...:monkey3

you sure do seem to be taking a lot of offense.. :huh

sorry :monkey3

Absolutely.... if you have little imagination. :p

well if we all had great imaginations we'd make up our own stories about the commandos instead of reading a book by someone else!

but I can imagine a page at the very front that says "Turn page to continue" :lol

Supposedly he's making detonators :rolleyes:

Why do you hate me? Of course you put me on your ignore list so you can't read anything I say...

yes, I was making detonators of different sorts, but I was gonna make it a surprise when I finished... that way, if they didn't turn out, no one would have to know...

thanks a lot C-Bob...

lets see some pics im working on one now

:eek

seriously?

alright, I'm not making them then... my EMP grenade sucks right now, I'm sure your grenades will be better... I offered to do a whole set (thermal det, EMP, flashbang, and Geonosian Sonic grenades) for Dorgs, didn't realize someone else was already working on em...

Hey witekite did you manage to cast the neck seal on yours?

I made some with faux leather but it doesn't look right for the detailing. Dorgs is sending me a chest so i can make 1 with plasticard in detail then he will cast them. I will make the neck cover in faux though and that will sit underneath it.

Looks to me both sets of gun reference shot are pretty much the same, except the pc game stuff is just lower image quality, but It was just a direct port of an X-box game, so low res textures are just a side effect of that.

Dude, what you should try to do is dig out the textures from the first person mode view of the gun and remap those around the 3rd person view gun, or first just replace that texture with the higher res one as that will work most in most cases. If the game doesnt cooperate you could probably force it to do it with Texmod, though I dont know if that will work with RC.

Looks to me both sets of gun reference shot are pretty much the same, except the pc game stuff is just lower image quality, but It was just a direct port of an X-box game, so low res textures are just a side effect of that.

Dude, what you should try to do is dig out the textures from the first person mode view of the gun and remap those around the 3rd person view gun, or first just replace that texture with the higher res one as that will work most in most cases. If the game doesnt cooperate you could probably force it to do it with Texmod, though I dont know if that will work with RC.

nope, I'm done with ref pics, everyone hates mine anyway... :monkey1

I could get pics of the 1st person gun quite easily, but I don't think they'd be that much better...

:eek

seriously?

alright, I'm not making them then... my EMP grenade sucks right now, I'm sure your grenades will be better... I offered to do a whole set (thermal det, EMP, flashbang, and Geonosian Sonic grenades) for Dorgs, didn't realize someone else was already working on em...

I guess I sort of over-reacted there, been in a bad mood, going through rough times atm (aren't we all? :rolleyes:), and this whole thing with C-Bob is driving me nuts... I'm not used to being hated...

anyway, here's a few quick pics I took of my EMP grenade:

FILE0716.jpg

FILE0718.jpg

FILE0719.jpg

here's a pic of the game model I worked off of... there is no high res version! :lol

EMPgrenade.png

witekite if you're doing the thermal det, I'd like to see how you do the middle part, been struggling with that...

I know the blue part of the EMP grenade isn't thick enough on my sculpt, but I think it sorta looks good the way it is...

anyway, let me know what you guys think...

Somehow I missed this thread... awesome work Dorgs and everyone else involved.

Looking forward to seeing this shape-up!

Back