1/6th AT-AT Driver (custom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well the other day ProgMatinee said how about something different from my usual builds. He also said he had sent me a parcel owww I said!
In the box of goodies which arrived today, was a Hasbro AT-AT driver.
What a great figure. So I thought I would have a bash at a custom figure.

So Prog.... here he is. If any one has any sugestions please let me know. I really need to know what the boots look like and I think I will repaint the pipework.

Dorgmal

at-at1.jpg

Looks very good Mr. Snow. I like the gloves, where did you pick those up at?? I need to pick up a few pairs for some projects I am working on.

Here is a custom AT_AT Driver I just finished up. I actually used a Tomy mini-helmet instead of the Hasbro helmet. The helmet may be a tad small, but it is pretty difficult to tell. I had to glue the chest box to the armor. I just realized that I need to clean some of the glue residue off of it. Here is a picture:

atatdriver2.JPG

I repainted the chest armor, boots and shoulder armor so they would match.

Anyways, hope this gives you some ideas.

Chris

Nice one, yeah I know what u mean about the helmet it is a little small. I decided to keep the chest box I quite like the bigger version.

As for the gloves!! I have no idea all I can say is they were brown LOL.

at-at2.jpg

All i can find via 501st etc is that people either wear white wellies or moonboots. Some even wear boots that look like snowtrooper boots, and some wear leather boots, not much help sorry lol.

Btw they do look cool. What else did you do to yours apart from the gloves? which look damn good btw.

Show us a full view with boots dead on for profile dorgs plz m8.

Damed boots, mine look pants, I like Chakamans boots.
I have not really done anything just the gloves and a new helmet on a dragon body.

I think he looks ok, and the shoulder pads are not too big!

Dorgmal

at-at9.jpg

at-at8.jpg

at-at7.jpg

at-at6.jpg

at-at5.jpg

at-at4.jpg

at-at3.jpg

Yeah he does look cool, but those boots are just poop in a bag aint they. Aye paint those pipes gray and maybe paint the edging of that controller a bit more red, dunno if its the pics but it looks to pink to me.

Pretty sure the gloves are from Dragon... I had the same pair. I think the came with their Mountie figure... as well as a few other characters.

i just repainted the boots, they were black.

I googled some images when I was doing mine and he had white boots.

I did like the bigger box, just didnt like the way the pipes/hoses flared all the way out around the shoulders. Thats why I switched it out.

I also reworked the shoulder pads.

I really like the pics Dorgmal.

Chris

Yeah your boots work really well Chakaman.

Theres plenty of DID or Dragon boots etc for sale on ebay i sure some of them will do the trick Dorgs.

Huum lots to do! I had a look at the marmit driver and that is brill, shame they are so expensive. LOve the boots to. Think I will definitely persevere with this figure I think he could be very cool. Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em coming. So far this custom has taken about 25 mins LOL so I am whiling to put a bit more effort in. :naughty:naughty

Im gonna have a we look now but I got distracted cos have found a medi sandtrooper on e-bay for £100. I need to finish my gonks and get them sold, as I am broke :banghead:banghead:banghead

Medicom prices are starting to drop lately ive noticed.

And aye ive spent £300 this week on the boards, iii must stop buying stuffff :banghead this month anyway. Still a deals a deal when u want something lol.

Off topic but how sick do I feel?

Just noticed the right knee on my HT Abe Sapien is snapped! Can't see anyway to replace just the leg, and can't swap out the whole body cos of the stupid rubber arms ( which I've just noticed, have small tears developing in them already!

All in all a c***y evening.

Just noticed the right knee on my HT Abe Sapien is snapped! Can't see anyway to replace just the leg, and can't swap out the whole body cos of the stupid rubber arms ( which I've just noticed, have small tears developing in them already!

pm me some pics, I may be able to bash it back together for you!

Dorgmal

Medicom prices are starting to drop lately ive noticed.

And aye ive spent £300 this week on the boards, iii must stop buying stuffff :banghead this month anyway. Still a deals a deal when u want something lol.

OMG, I thought I was bad!! u must have a good job, understanding wife and a huge spare room!!!!!!

Damn thats bad about the arms :horror

My HT's Hellboy came with a broken knee the leg was hanging off when i 1st took him out of the box, thankfully he has 2 joints in the knee for movement so i glued the bad bit to death, hes fine now and i can still bend the knee nps but it still suxs. Sorry u have the same prob, check if he has 2 moving joints on the knee and just superglue the bad 1.

OMG, I thought I was bad!! u must have a good job, understanding wife and a huge spare room!!!!!!

Im single (and happy for it been in several long relationships) i live with my brother and dad now, my room aint that big but its big enough, and im only working part time atm lol. Im also pretty lucky cos we have paid off my dads mortgage on a damn nice house with 3 big bedrooms a 30ft long front room and a driveway u can get 7 cars on, and hes leaving it to me and my brother when that dreaded day comes. Weve done alot of work on the house as well, i fitted a new kitchen, bathroom etc and done some plastering and skirting painting etc. We done that on the last 2 houses and made about 120k profit, well my dad did lol.

Last edited:
Damn thats bad about the arms :horror

My HT's Hellboy came with a broken knee the leg was hanging off when i 1st took him out of the box, thankfully he has 2 joints in the knee for movement so i glued the bad bit to death, hes fine now and i can still bend the knee nps but it still suxs. Sorry u have the same prob, check if he has 2 moving joints on the knee and just superglue the bad 1.

Im single (and happy for it been in several long relationships) i live with my brother and dad now, my room aint that big, and im only working part time atm lol.

Cheers for the advice. I had considered the glue option, but figured I'd try for a complete fix if possible... Arms are whole notha issue though!

More importantly, way to live life man!

Who needs food and electricity when there's beer and toys?

Back