1/6th ANH Colonel Wullf Yularen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANH Colonel Wullf Yularen

SERIOUS ? I am a star wars fan. I love the old trilogy. Your making a 1/6th figure on a guy i've never seen. Hes an extra in the film ? He doesnt have a back plot or history in the actual films. Your making a 1/6th version of him lol. Sorry am not dissin you but u might as well do 1/6th figures of all the extras in the films. Its not even like people are saying "Colonel Wullf Yularen !!! OMG....he kicked ass in the film...seriously did a great job in the film and I wish I had a 1/6th of him"....Atleast do main characters...bring on the hate messages !

That is the most constructive bit of criticism I think I have ever heard on this forum.:rolleyes:

Thanks for visiting us.:wave

PS. If you think customs of characters with a few seconds or less of screen time or none at all (which happen to be some of the coolest looking ones most of the time), then 90% this section of the forums is not going to be of any interest to you.

Last edited:
...Cool....I´ve said it a few times before...I really enjoying the love for those sidekick characters....
Yeah guys give the guys with the few seconds of fame some love...:chew

Does anyone have any good ideas for the shirts on these guys? They're almost like the orange Rebel flight suits.

execpits01.jpg

It looks like a jumpsuit, like the AT-ST driver and Scanning crew. i don't remember what the Hasbro AT-ST driver jumpsuit looked like, but that could be a start.

Pretty good call on the design, unfortunately the Hasbro version fell a bit short. I really like the pattern Hasbro used for the Imperial Officer. I dare say I think I like it better than SSC's even. But the AT-ST driver not on the same level unfortunately.

sw03acat-stdriveraim.jpg

The Hasbro X-Wing flightsuits would work well I think. I have a spare one I am going to turn grey for either a Rebel Tech or Impeial Tech. I am pretty sure they used the same design for all three when making the films.

Here I go again, making irrelevant background characters. :D

Cool custom!

One comment: those Imperial guys with the white tunics wore black pants. (you can see it if you watch the scene where they walk by Han, Luke and Chewie by the elevator). Easy fix though.

The Hasbro 3 3/4 figure got it wrong.

SERIOUS? More pictures of this ibackground character? :D

I swapped out the pants with a spare set of Praji's pants. I am really digging the black pants now. I also worked on the hair. All that is left is the belt.

wullf40.jpg

Here is a shot of the officers. I really like the variety of outfits Wullf adds.
wullff30.jpg

Last edited:
that looks great. the cap maybe too small. the Hasbro cap is bigger (but plastic) i can send you one if you want.

I havent futzed that hat yet. I may have added too much hair on the sides. Its an easy fix if I decide to mod it.

Thanks for the offer though Prog. :D

SERIOUS? More pictures of this ibackground character? :D

I swapped out the pants with a spare set of Praji's pants. I am really digging the black pants now. I also worked on the hair. All that is left is the belt.

wullf40.jpg

Here is a shot of the officers. I really like the variety of outfits Wullf adds.
wullff30.jpg

:horror

That's great Chaka! Absolutely perfect now!

SERIOUS ? I am a star wars fan. I love the old trilogy. Your making a 1/6th figure on a guy i've never seen. Hes an extra in the film ? He doesnt have a back plot or history in the actual films. Your making a 1/6th version of him lol. Sorry am not dissin you but u might as well do 1/6th figures of all the extras in the films. Its not even like people are saying "Colonel Wullf Yularen !!! OMG....he kicked ass in the film...seriously did a great job in the film and I wish I had a 1/6th of him"....Atleast do main characters...bring on the hate messages !

Ok, so if extras are sooo lame and unimportant, well imagine if they were removed from the movies. Here's what you get:

in the first part of ANH, Vader enters triumphantly after a battle between no one and no one.
emptyvadercopy.jpg

after being pulled over by no one, Obi-Wan Kenobi uses his Jedi mind trick to convince the air around him that "these are not the droids you're looking for"
emptysandies.jpg

and Vader chokes absolutely no one, as Tarkin looks on.
emptyvader2copy.jpg

then of course you have an almost empty mos eisley cantina, with the camera focusing pointlessly on empty cantina booths and tables, and so on....

put the extras back in and you get this:
vaderfirst1.jpg

notemptysandies.jpg

lackoffaith.jpg

LOVE this custom figure, great job!! Since my focus are OT Imperials that would explain a lot :)

:rotfl Good stuff!

Thank you!

Perhaps now uzumaki_1 will understand the importance of extras in the star wars universe!

oh and by the way, Yularen does in fact have a back story!
Here it is from the SW wikia:

Wullf Yularen was a male Human, born into a prominent Coruscanti family and raised on Anaxes. Early on in his military career, Yularen distinguished himself as a captain in the Kwymar Sector Fleet, fighting against slavers and pirates. While serving with the fleet, Yularen became obsessed with intelligence security, which the Galactic Republic's law-enforcement agencies lacked. His desire for improving security and prevent leaks led him to resign from the sector fleet and instead serve as an intelligence officer in the Republic's Senate Bureau of Intelligence. There he investigated many senators, but ultimately the corruption in the bureau—combined with the powerful enemies he made—forced him to resign. He didn't quit the intelligence career, however, as he assigned to an anti-corruption unit in the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. A special agent, it was his duty to investigate government corruption, especially during the Separatist Crisis. He became a strong supporter of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine during this time, and Yularen's dedication earned him Palpatine's attention. Yularen ultimately retired from his new position and returned to Anaxes, but the Supreme Chancellor still had work for him to do.

In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, Yularen was persuaded by Palpatine to join the Republic Navy as an admiral, becoming one of the youngest naval officers to hold the rank. He was assigned to Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, whom Yularen saw as a reckless starfighter pilot rather than a respectable general. Commanding his fleet in numerous engagements, the admiral primarily operated from the bridge of the Venator-class Star Destroyer Resolute, his flagship. Yularen served in a wide variety of battlefronts during the first year of the war alone, ranging from key engagements like Christophsis and Ryloth to relatively minor flashpoints like Teth and Quell. Throughout the war, Admiral Yularen and his Jedi commanders—chiefly Skywalker, his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, and Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi—oversaw multiple Republic victories and defeats, including encounters with the Separatist Supreme Commander, General Grievous.

Following the conclusion of the war and the birth of the Empire in 19 BBY, Yularen returned to the intelligence business, and he would go on to serve as a colonel in the Imperial Security Bureau. When filing his factual reports, he was known to add a pro-New Order spin to them. He would later be stationed onboard the Death Star I, in 0 BBY, as head of the ISB contingent and a member of Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's staff. Yularen was tasked with briefing the Grand Moff and maintaining loyalty to the Empire, as many senior officers aboard the station had plans to use the battlestation for their own means. Yularen was present during a meeting in the Death Star conference room when the station commanders discussed the theft of the Death Star plans and the ongoing search for the Rebel Alliance's hidden command base. When the location of the Rebel headquarters was discovered to be on Yavin 4, the Death Star moved to destroy the moon. Before it could complete its task, Rebel pilot and future Jedi Master Luke Skywalker managed to destroy the battlestation, killing all aboard, including Yularen.

turns out he's the admiral guy on the CW show now!

Back