1/6 Wrasslin' Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WWF Wrasslin' customs -Goldberg/new Bret

Yeah, I agree...I'm not a big fan of Jay Leno or David Arquette either lol.

I would have no interest in Rodman by himself, but displayed beside Hollywood Hogan, it would be epic.

A great way to showcase the insanity that was WCW at that time period.

Now, there's a strange road to go down in 1/6... after you do figures of all the greats, would you get bored and do managers or valets?

Like a Mean Gene with a mic to go by 80's Hogan?

Miss Elizabeth for Macho Man?

Kimberly Page in the silver Nitro Girl outfit? (yes please)

Virgil with money to go beside Dibiase?

I just bought this book called the death of WCW, I haven't read it yet but there has to be a chapter on the David Arquette fiasco :lol

Outside of Bobby Heenan, I'm not too interested in any of the managers. Don't get me wrong, I love alot of the managers and personalities like Mene Gene, but I just find more of the wrasslers to be interesting looking figures.

NWO Miss Elizabeth might be something I'd be interested in though, I think she really looked her best during that run. :clap

Hi
Really cool Bret figure, just finished reading his autobiography.
Would love to see a Davey boy bash!!

Hi
Really cool Bret figure, just finished reading his autobiography.
Would love to see a Davey boy bash!!

Thanks brother. I've read that book twice and got it signed. Loved it, obviously :lol

Davey Boy is an all time great, would love to put together a figure of him someday! A Hart Foundation set would make an awesome display.

Thanks brother. I've read that book twice and got it signed. Loved it, obviously :lol

Davey Boy is an all time great, would love to put together a figure of him someday! A Hart Foundation set would make an awesome display.

Sure would. I met Davey about 20yrs ago at a UK wrestling tour just before he went back to the WWF, found the photos and the signed picture the other day.
His billed height of 5 11" seemed way off as I dwarfed him ( I'm 6'5") but his arms were massive!!

Sure would. I met Davey about 20yrs ago at a UK wrestling tour just before he went back to the WWF, found the photos and the signed picture the other day.
His billed height of 5 11" seemed way off as I dwarfed him ( I'm 6'5") but his arms were massive!!

Wow, that's awesome. I remember reading Davey's height in old wrestling magazines and thinking how short he was compared to Hogan and the rest of the giants so it's funny to read that he was even shorter than I thought he was. Did you watch a match of his live? If so, who did he wrestle?

The British Bulldogs are probably my fave tag team after the Hart Foundation, really wish Dynamite was around for that Hart Foundation reunion. Imagine Hart Foundation vs. the Kliq feud.

Hart Foundation is my number 1 tag team as well, and the Bulldogs may just be number 2 for me, if not 3 right behind Arn and Tully. I was watching a Hart Foundation/Bulldogs match from Saturday Night's Main Event a couple of days ago. Dynamite's autobiography wasn't very flattering toward Davey Boy, but my real take away was mostly that Dynamite was just a bitter, sad bastard.

Hart Foundation is my number 1 tag team as well, and the Bulldogs may just be number 2 for me, if not 3 right behind Arn and Tully. I was watching a Hart Foundation/Bulldogs match from Saturday Night's Main Event a couple of days ago. Dynamite's autobiography wasn't very flattering toward Davey Boy, but my real take away was mostly that Dynamite was just a bitter, sad bastard.

The best 2 out of three falls match is just incredible, I thought it was amazing as a kid but appreciate it even more today. I watched it again on youtube a few months ago.

I'd probably go with the Steiners or the LOD as my 3rd favorite. I didn't appreciate Arn and Tully until I got older, but that match they had with the Hart Foundation at Summerslam was a classic, I even loved it as a kid. I need to go back and watch their matches with the rockers as I'm sure those were high quality.

Dynamite was such an incredible worker, but even when he was healthy he was pretty bitter and could be meanspirited at times. Not surprised that he's even more so now with his health issues. Davey came off as such an innocent and naive kid in Bret's book so it made the story of Dynamite slicing his head open even more upsetting.

Yeah, Bret seemed pretty disappointed with Dynamite's behavior across the board. One thing that really sold me on Arn and Tully was actually watching them fight jobbers in the NWA/WCW. Not sure I've ever enjoyed squash matches more. Those guys just complemented each other so fantastically, similar to how Bret and Anvil complemented each other.

The one thing Bret says in Dynamite's favor is that Shawn's bad behavior wouldn't have happened if Dynamite was around given his penchant to put people in their place.

Both teams were perfect fits in every way. I'm still surprised that Vince didn't completely repackage Arn and Tully with a silly gimmick or a lame name change (Widowmaker and Texas Tornado). Outside of the Brainbusters name they were essentially the same guys they were in the NWA (I don't remember them jogging to the ring in the NWA though, I remember when they debuted that was the one thing I noticed). I can't even count the guys that were ruined by Vince when they came over. Dusty Rhodes is the first one that comes to mind.

Yeah, and there may be some truth to the idea that Vince did that with Dusty just to embarrass him, but on the other hand, some have taken what seem on their surface to be pretty hokey gimmicks and done extremely well with them. First that comes to mind is the Undertaker.

Never thought that Undertaker gimmick would have any legs when I first saw it. I thought he would be fed to Hogan and would be gone in a year. Hats off to Mean Mark.

Wow, that's awesome. I remember reading Davey's height in old wrestling magazines and thinking how short he was compared to Hogan and the rest of the giants so it's funny to read that he was even shorter than I thought he was. Did you watch a match of his live? If so, who did he wrestle?

The British Bulldogs are probably my fave tag team after the Hart Foundation, really wish Dynamite was around for that Hart Foundation reunion. Imagine Hart Foundation vs. the Kliq feud.

Davey was wrestling on a British promotion in Bedford in the UK. It was a tag match but no idea of his partner or opponents. Looked all over the net but cant find any info of this event but can of the tour. I do have some photos of the match somewhere. I saw him again on the Hart attack tour teaming with Bret a few months later!

heya ted - did you catch the NJPW PPV 'wrestle kingdom"? it was actually pretty damn good. my favorite match was the opener featuring reDRagon, time splitters, forever hooligans and the young bucks. i love the japanese no-nonsense style quite a bit - especially when coupled with cruiserweights :) the new friday show on AXS isn't bad either :) i'm thinking to maybe sign up for the NJPW streaming service but i need to look into it a bit more :)

Davey was wrestling on a British promotion in Bedford in the UK. It was a tag match but no idea of his partner or opponents. Looked all over the net but cant find any info of this event but can of the tour. I do have some photos of the match somewhere. I saw him again on the Hart attack tour teaming with Bret a few months later!

Would love to see those photos! Please post!!!

heya ted - did you catch the NJPW PPV 'wrestle kingdom"? it was actually pretty damn good. my favorite match was the opener featuring reDRagon, time splitters, forever hooligans and the young bucks. i love the japanese no-nonsense style quite a bit - especially when coupled with cruiserweights :) the new friday show on AXS isn't bad either :) i'm thinking to maybe sign up for the NJPW streaming service but i need to look into it a bit more :)

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't checked out NJPW yet (outside of Great Muta, Liger and Tiger Mask, I'm not really familiar with the Japanese product), but I'm really interested in it now. I believe AJ Styles is over there so I've been meaning to check them out. Is any of their stuff up on youtube?

Really want to do a Vampiro custom some time, I know that's one of your faves so hopefully I can work with you on it!

I love the older wrestling stuff I still watch the new wwe lol but it's not the same. But really love these customs. And I want to check out new Japan as well I heard their product is really good. Looking forward to see what storm toys does with hogan and hopefully other wrestlers that people have brought up to them.

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't checked out NJPW yet (outside of Great Muta, Liger and Tiger Mask, I'm not really familiar with the Japanese product), but I'm really interested in it now. I believe AJ Styles is over there so I've been meaning to check them out. Is any of their stuff up on youtube?

Really want to do a Vampiro custom some time, I know that's one of your faves so hopefully I can work with you on it!

VAMPIRO!!!

yeah - AJ Styles is part of a NJPW invasion angle called "bullet club" and was also featured in the same PPV card in a match against Tetsuya Naito. he seems to be really over with japanese fans as a heel, which is a pretty cool thing as japanese fans tend to be pretty aloof.

there's another bullet club member named Kenny Omega that has some really amazing moves and a FANTASTIC workrate - really nice burst speed with moves - he also had a match on said card.

the first two episodes of NPJW on AXS seemed to try and familiarize fans with the main event heavyweight match that was featured at Wrestle Kingdom 9 between Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada.

i recognized a couple familiar faces during the PPV including Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, Alex Shelley, Matt & Nick Jackson, Jeff Jarrett, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Shelton Benjamin, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson.

there was also a dark match involving Yuji Nagata who defeated Captain New Japan, El Desperado, The Great Kabuki, Hiro Saito, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Sho Tanaka, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Tama Tonga, Tiger Mask, Yohei Komatsu, Yoshi-Hashi and Yoshiaki Fujiwara - some of which wrestled stateside in one capacity or another.

I love the older wrestling stuff I still watch the new wwe lol but it's not the same. But really love these customs. And I want to check out new Japan as well I heard their product is really good. Looking forward to see what storm toys does with hogan and hopefully other wrestlers that people have brought up to them.

hey man :) definitely check it out as it's pretty much the antithesis of WWE at the moment. the japanese work a wrestling style referred to as 'strong' which i believe speaks to the idea of guts, perseverance and resiliency. there doesn't seem to be a lot of skits, gags or unbelievable angles involved but rather solid wrestling action for the most part. it's on friday nights on AXS-TV :)

Would love to see those photos! Please post!!!

Please excuse the poor quality shots and they uploaded in the wrong order!
They were taken in 1994 at the Bedford Corn Exchange, Bedford UK. It was just before Davey showed up at Summer Slam in the WWF.
The shot of the framed pics are the one I took when I spoke to him after the match, the picture he signed for me and a programme from 1982 where I went to a show with Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks wrestling. Both of these are mentioned in Brets book. Also there was Dave Fit Finlay only he wouldn't sign it as some of the other guys did!

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 118
  • davey boy.jpg
    davey boy.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 114

Davey Boy looks great in these pics, thanks for posting! Looks like they're working in a boxing ring, that's really interesting. Did you notice anything different in the way they worked?

I can't get into the new wwe at all. I haven't sat through a complete show since Eddie G died. I primarily read the news and search youtube for segments that seem interesting, but I can't think of anything that has really stood out for me (alot of people rave about CM Punk but he just doesn't click with me), though some of the Brock Lesnar/Heyman stuff has been ok. I just discovered Roman Reigns a few weeks ago. Wow, he's absolutely terrible, are they seriously thinking this guy is the future? His promos make him come off as such a John Cena level ******. Is that what they're going for now? The unfunny ****** making lame wise cracks? So sad. Daniel Bryan seems to be their best guy right now, but I've watched some of his promos too and he tries to be funny as well and just comes off as uncomfortable.

Was hoping for a younger Hulk from Storm Toys, but beggars can't be choosers. The sculpt looks great so far, will definitely be picking him up.

VAMPIRO!!!

yeah - AJ Styles is part of a NJPW invasion angle called "bullet club" and was also featured in the same PPV card in a match against Tetsuya Naito. he seems to be really over with japanese fans as a heel, which is a pretty cool thing as japanese fans tend to be pretty aloof.

there's another bullet club member named Kenny Omega that has some really amazing moves and a FANTASTIC workrate - really nice burst speed with moves - he also had a match on said card.

the first two episodes of NPJW on AXS seemed to try and familiarize fans with the main event heavyweight match that was featured at Wrestle Kingdom 9 between Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada.

i recognized a couple familiar faces during the PPV including Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, Alex Shelley, Matt & Nick Jackson, Jeff Jarrett, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Shelton Benjamin, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson.

there was also a dark match involving Yuji Nagata who defeated Captain New Japan, El Desperado, The Great Kabuki, Hiro Saito, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Sho Tanaka, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Tama Tonga, Tiger Mask, Yohei Komatsu, Yoshi-Hashi and Yoshiaki Fujiwara - some of which wrestled stateside in one capacity or another.

hey man :) definitely check it out as it's pretty much the antithesis of WWE at the moment. the japanese work a wrestling style referred to as 'strong' which i believe speaks to the idea of guts, perseverance and resiliency. there doesn't seem to be a lot of skits, gags or unbelievable angles involved but rather solid wrestling action for the most part. it's on friday nights on AXS-TV :)

Glad that AJ Styles is getting over with the fans over there. He's one of the semi-new school guys that I really enjoy watching. I can't believe WWE never picked up the guys at TNA, in my opinion the top guys in TNA are much more talented than a lot of the young top guys in WWE. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, and Bobby Roode should be top guys in the WWE. Not sure why they never got picked up. It's a complete shame.

Long time ago now. dont recall to much about the match. sorry!

Back