1/6 Wrasslin' Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WWF Wrasslin' customs - Royal Rumble 93 Bret Hart WIP pg. 17

Working on another Bret figure, what's new:lol I'm wanting three different looks so this Rumble 1993 this will be look 2. After this guy and Ric Flair are done I'm moving onto Randy Savage and the rest of the Hart Foundation.

I just got this jacket in from Rainman's tailor, absolutely love it. She's a class act all the way. Still deciding if I'll go with the t800 for the thicker legs.

Still need to get the logos, but my buddy Corrose is working on those. I'm also working on commissioning a new sculpt, might actually do several as I'm that crazy. Always suprised who's willing to help make these wrasslers!

23h3q0z.jpg

14iz7va.jpg

xc92ti.jpg

Wow! That is amazingly accurate!

04_04_RR93_Bret-Ref-002.jpg

Re: 1/6 WWF Wrasslin' customs - Royal Rumble 93 Bret Hart WIP pg. 18

Only thing is that the tassles on the doll jacket look higher quality than the actual ones used on the 1:1 scale jacket :D

Wow! That is amazingly accurate!

04_04_RR93_Bret-Ref-002.jpg

Only thing is that the tassles on the doll jacket look higher quality than the actual ones used on the 1:1 scale jacket :D

The jacket is a bit of a hybrid based on the reference photos I sent her. She was actually going to do the jacket below (full pink leather), but I realized that the illustrator just painted over a black leather jacket that had those steel tassles. I wanted it more accurate to the rumble match but I actually didn't clarify that the tassles in the photo below weren't accurate. It was my mistake but I'm actually really happy with it.

Bret%u00252BHart%u00252B%u00252528pink%u00252529%u00252B001.jpg

they are not DOLLS!!!...lol

Thanks for having my back jack, but it's a when people see the pink action figure it's hard for me to defend against the doll label.:lol

Very cool that it is accurate to one of his jackets. . .nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade with our dollies, though ;)

Very cool that it is accurate to one of his jackets. . .nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade with our dollies, though ;)

:lol actually when I think about it I started calling them dolls to the non 1/6 world and it takes out all the sting from any cutdown so I don't get much crap anymore.

I just sort of embrace it at this point. It's a pretty silly hobby for adults to be into to begin with, so I'm not going to get hung up over semantics. It isn't like my toys become cool and manly if I start calling them something else :D

I just sort of embrace it at this point. It's a pretty silly hobby for adults to be into to begin with, so I'm not going to get hung up over semantics. It isn't like my toys become cool and manly if I start calling them something else :D

:goodpost: True, we're really just dudes that dress up and pose dolls of dudes and the occasional monster dude doll. You can't really church that up.

Dollies it is!

The jacket is a bit of a hybrid based on the reference photos I sent her. She was actually going to do the jacket below (full pink leather), but I realized that the illustrator just painted over a black leather jacket that had those steel tassles. I wanted it more accurate to the rumble match but I actually didn't clarify that the tassles in the photo below weren't accurate. It was my mistake but I'm actually really happy with it.

View attachment 104257

Thanks for having my back jack, but it's a when people see the pink action figure it's hard for me to defend against the doll label.:lol

I was a little irritaded when I posted my pic because I could have sworn those tassles werent pink at all. Have you ever rewatched RR to clarrify this? If I had to put my money on it, Id say they were just like your jacket.
Oh btw: Id be in for a run of these too. Always wanted a Hart Foundation on my shelf. I lost a little interest in Bret after I read his first book. Yes, it was an honest open book, but this guy was my childhood hero. My heart was more than broken when I read about the "pirate finally being in paradise"... Today I can see this from a more grown up perspective. Hell, with a 10 year relationship and finally being married, I even wish I were the pirate in paradise. :lol

However it would have to be the Hart Foundation 97...

tumblr_m9clk16SDi1red7beo1_400.png

Last edited:

I was a little irritaded when I posted my pic because I could have sworn those tassles werent pink at all. Have you ever rewatched RR to clarrify this? If I had to put my money on it, Id say they were just like your jacket.
Oh btw: Id be in for a run of these too. Always wanted a Hart Foundation on my shelf. I lost a little interest in Bret after I read his first book. Yes, it was an honest open book, but this guy was my childhood hero. My heart was more than broken when I read about the "pirate finally being in paradise"... Today I can see this from a more grown up perspective. Hell, with a 10 year relationship and finally being married, I even wish I were the pirate in paradise. :lol

However it would have to be the Hart Foundation 97...

tumblr_m9clk16SDi1red7beo1_400.png

I actually rewatched the match on wwe network to get reference pics for this jacket, the tassles were black on top but the flip side seemed to be pink. So when he walked it gave the effect of that pic you posted. I didn't want to make Yunsil do extra work to change it as I ended up liking the look and I figured it must have been a pain to find the exact tassles to match the boxart for the RR figure.

When I get to the Bret sculpt in a few months I'll pm you and all of the other folks that showed interest in a run (the sculpt for sure), I figure the best way to do this is to split a private commission. I think there's about 6 that were interested including people who have pm'ed me the last few days. I'll also contact rocco about doing another run for the boots as well (the stars on mine aren't accurate so I'll do a plain boots run and get the stars as an Evilface decal as it will still have that 3d look). I'm praying that Yunsil takes on the entire outfit for this run but we'll see.

I hear you about the book as I always thought of Bret as a saint, but I thought it was really brave of him to be so honest about himself and I didn't feel like he ever glorified his indiscretions in the book. There were so many funny and touching stories in that book that they overshadowed all that stuff in my opinion.

97 Hart Foundation is definitely what I want as that's my favorite Bret era.

Of course, the book was great. In fact it is still my favorite of the books that have been written by wrestlers. Lions Tale is close to it (I must have waken up all my neighbours because of my laughter when I read the Biff & Lance story), but nevertheless I was pretty disappointed by my "hero". Anyway, I would be all in for a complete Hart attack set!

And yes, I agree. 1997 was the best time for the complete Hart Foundation. Bret, Owen, Anvil and Bulldog were always good to very good faces, but as heels they were incredible. I just loved how an almost veteran like Bret Hart would change his whole attitude and his inring style. The Sharpshooter/Figure 4 around the turnbuckle was pretty much the hottest move back then. And Pillman was close to becoming the ultimate Main Event. He just went too soon...
The only thing I disliked was CanAmExpress. However this stable woldnt have been what it was as there werent DX and Stone Cold. It was amazing how everybody hated them here in Europe while they were totally over in US. Same with Hart Foundation. We might never have been that devided in Wrestling history!

Lions Tale was a great book, there was a really funny story about how this trainer he met was the first person who ever lied about being older then he was. Mick Foley's book was fantastic too. Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels and The Rock's books.... not so fantastic:lol Want to get to Jim Cornette's book at some point.

Pillman was ready to be a breakout star, him and Austin would have had a great fued had he not passed.

Yes, Bret always says Germany is one of his favorite countries to work in as he was so over. I was probably one of the few americans cheering for Bret during this time:lol Definitely a unique era of wrestling, the glory years died the minute Vince bought WCW, wrestling quickly became the crap we see today. :monkey4

I was definitely a Bret/Foundation fan at that time, as well. Owen was my second favorite wrestler at the time after Benoit, and Davey Boy was also way up that list.

I was definitely a Bret/Foundation fan at that time, as well. Owen was my second favorite wrestler at the time after Benoit, and Davey Boy was also way up that list.

When Bret left for WCW I was hoping they would reform the Hart Foundation with Benoit since they had Davey and Neidhart, missed opportunity by wcw.

Totally missed opportunity. Instead they went for Davey and Anvil as a midcard jobber team and Bret became the US Champ. I never understood that. The nWo became boring around that time (they already split into nWo A and B Team if I am not mistaken). They could have created a feud between Bret and Hogan but I guess the powers that were decided different. Whatever...

Totally missed opportunity. Instead they went for Davey and Anvil as a midcard jobber team and Bret became the US Champ. I never understood that. The nWo became boring around that time (they already split into nWo A and B Team if I am not mistaken). They could have created a feud between Bret and Hogan but I guess the powers that were decided different. Whatever...

How Bret was used in WCW still burns me, they had such a gold mine and decided to squander it. It didn't help that Bret was going to a place where HBK's best friends were in in power.

Just imagine if Bret shows up with Anvil and Davey on Nitro. That should have been a HUGE deal, it should have been as big of a deal as they made the outsiders invasion. Bret was still the champ for f's sake! Why they couldn't at least work that into an angle makes no sense. Hall and Nash are HBK's best friends, what wasn't that worked into a feud? Bret should have wrestled hogan or sting right off the bat, Anvil and Davey should have been a huge deal but politics as usual got in the way.

Bischoff, Hogan and Nash were just being complete self serving d-bags.

Caine's starting on my Bret and Macho Man commission in a few weeks, please let me know if you're interested in being part of the commission (we would split it evenly based on how many people sign up).

There seemed to be some interest in these two so I wanted to throw it out there to people. I would need the payment right when the sculpt's finished (late May, early June is the estimate) so I could tell Caine how many casts to make, unfortunately I wouldn't know the costs until I get an accurate count of interested/committed parties.

Back