1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- Figures in Progess!

Yeah, I just went to go the main custom section and it's just gone.:horror

I really feel for people who have hundreds of dollars outstanding on custom projects. What a weird move.

galactiboy, I'd definitely baton down the hatches on this amazing project, because I'm guessing the SW customs sections will be gone by this weekend.

I saw somebody mention he currently has over $10,000 invested in projects here...:horror

Dave has mentioned he's currently going through all threads from the custom section, and *probably* the ones simply showcasing work without selling will still be allowed/come back. I guess it remains to be seen if the same will happen to this section, or specific threads will be removed only. Unfortunately this would either way be one of the removed ones. :(

So it's time For another non-affiliated forum to spring up then?

I don't think we're allowed to post links, but new forums and Facebook groups have already sprouted.

Last edited:

I have this project and the Leia dress I have money invested in. I can't even find anything on the Leia dress anywhere. I had already paid $150 and was just waiting on hearing about shipping.

I reached out via email to chilipep. I will pm you his info. He responded to me saying that everything is still proceeding and he has the info for everyone that paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw somebody mention he currently has over $10,000 invested in projects here...:horror

Dave has mentioned he's currently going through all threads from the custom section, and *probably* the ones simply showcasing work without selling will still be allowed/come back. I guess it remains to be seen if the same will happen to this section, or specific threads will be removed only. Unfortunately this would either way be one of the removed ones. :(

I don't think we're allowed to post links, but new forums and Facebook groups have already sprouted.

Would you be able to PM me the links? I might go there if this shuts stuff down

I've got everyone's info that is part of this project, so if it all goes kaput I'll be able to reach out to everyone. And please feel free to PM at any time if you are concerned.

I don't know what will happen with the rest of the board, but these Wampas (that are being made for my personal collection) will be finished.

Now that the dust has settled on the whole customs thread thing, are there any more pics?? Hello? Is this thing on? :pray:

It's on... I was on vacation the last week so I didn't get a lot done. But I'm close on the first group being finished.

I super appreciate how cool everyone is, just a bit more and these babies will be rolling out. Again, if the forum disappears again don't worry as I have all of your contact information. But just in case you can't contact me here for whaterver reason here is my email:
name_zps6c72adfc.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

Hey again everyone, just a quick update. I didn't get much done in the last few weeks, my work schedule has been pretty hectic. But I'm returning to the project this weekend.

My plan is to shoot for these to be done by mid/late September. Given what I have left I think that's pretty reasonable.

I know that's still a ways off and for some it could cause difficulty on payments... so if when your Wampa is done you don't have the funds available don't worry. I delayed this way past any expectation I had so I will not hold it against anyone if they are unable to pay right away or even need a few months to get through the holidays. I'll just hold on to the Wampas until you're good.

Thanks again for all of the support and if anyone has any specific questions/concerns don't hesitate to PM or send me an email :duff

I wish I was posting with a better update... I don't think I'll make the end of the month like I'd hoped and I'm about to go out of town for a bit. But just wanted to let you know I'm still on this and making progress; just not as much as I had hoped. But I'm trying to do them right, not just get them done and out the door.

Thanks for the continued patience. I'm not on the board very much at all, but if you send a PM I will get a notification and reply to you.

Looking forward to having the best 1/6th Wampa ever! Well worth the wait. I appreciate the amount of effort, time and attention to detail you're putting into this amazing project, J. :duff

That's fine Bane, You've been here on the boards longer bud, and I don't mind bowing to a lessor freak **looks at that insane rep rating*** but with the earlier stuff in the thread makes it seem like people backed out when ssc made it's move to kill customs. I was just hoping if that were true that I could slide into one of those spots or maybe by chance another be made for me.

If any slots open up I’ll get in line too! I need that wampa lol.

That's fine Bane, You've been here on the boards longer bud, and I don't mind bowing to a lessor freak **looks at that insane rep rating*** but with the earlier stuff in the thread makes it seem like people backed out when ssc made it's move to kill customs. I was just hoping if that were true that I could slide into one of those spots or maybe by chance another be made for me.

If any slots open up I’ll get in line too! I need that wampa lol.

I'm kidding but I do think anyone giving up their slot here on this project should indeed go with the member with the most Rep.:monkey3

:rotfl

I too would love one of these if any slots open up (after the previous freaks of course) or if another run should ever come up.
Already have the funds put aside for 1/4 scale Vader but if a Wampa should become a possibility before end of 2019... ;)

Damn is this thing still not done....wow !

I'm all for giving the artist enough time to get it done right, but as they say in England, "this is taking the p*ss".

Personally I couldn't sleep at night knowing I was making stuff for customers with no updates for 2-3 months.

Back