1/6 Ujindou UD9026 US Army Delta Force - Operation Eagle Claw (1980)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
u0.jpg
u1.jpg
u2.jpg
u3.jpg
u4.jpg
u5.jpg
u6.jpg
u7.jpg
u8.jpg
u9.jpg
u10.jpg

U.S. ARMY DELTA FORCE—OPERATION EAGLE CLAW 1980
NO.UD9026

SET INCLUDES:
1X Simulation head carving
1X Body with palm/foot
1PAIR GUN HOLDING HANDS

Clothing:
1.1X Modified M65 field jacket
2.1X Jeans
3.1X Black long-sleeved T-shirt
4.1PAIR Jungle boots
5.1X Black line cap Watch cap

Equipment:
1.1X Goggles
2.1 X public myopia glasses
3.1X triangular scarf
4.1X modified version of SRU21 survival vest
5.1X ALICE system shoulder strap
6.1X ALICE system pistol belt
7.1X .45 mag pouch
8.2X M16 mag pouch
9.1X 1QT canteen with cover
10.1X 2QT canteen with cover
11.1X Compass pouch
12.1X Bianchi 1911 holster
13.1X Demo bag
14.1X Belt
15.1X Pen light
16.1 X Cigarette
17.2XO rings
18.1X Rope
19.1X Map20.1X Escape guide E&E tips
21.1X 3 point sling
22.1X Black self-adhesive black tape

WEAPONS:
1.1X MP5A3 submachine gun
2.6X 9*19mm submachine gun magazine
3.1X 1911A1 pistol
4.2X 1911A1 mags

Weapons, in theory, that would have roughly been era possible / era appropriate for this timeline.

Third picture, looks like one guy has a CAR15, another has what looks like a grease gun with a mag light rigged to it. Near the front, the guy has a buttstock that might be a shotgun. Maybe a bolt action rifle.

Second picture, there's the ruck with the heavy duct tape around it with a cardboard box on top. Looks like, roughly, possibly a MP5SD full stock, again with a mag light rigged to the front. The stock is definitely H&K.

First picture, instead of the watch caps, they have patrol caps.

So for figures like this, my hope is always access to rare weapons around that period that would likely not be made anywhere else. For example, the Ruger AC556 would have been a great anchor piece in this set. Something I learned my an overseas dealer I know is to mentally break down a new set in my head. If the loose parts price potential is very high, then it's a good chance to be a really fast moving set. Kind of like Dragon Models CIA Jones. Or BBI Douglas Caldwell. Those kind of guys. I have a hard time with this Ujindou set to be honest. I like the Bianchi holster, that's pretty cool, and the glasses, M65 jacket, satchel and boots would be useful. But it just has the lingering approach of a figure that most people could roughly kitbash multiple generations ago. I don't mean to be picky on this one, but the MSRP is 229.99 IIRC.

I liked what DID with it's Speed Jack Traven SWAT figure set. It was kind of like a "Now And Then" set, with plain clothes Keanu on one half, then his LAPD SWAT gear set up as the other half. Ujindou could have made this a Delta from two different eras kind of set. The easiest crossover IMHO would be Eagle Claw and some Vietnam era figure with a classic M60. The M60 could cross over to both figures, plus the boots, satchel, jacket, pistol, web gear, etc, etc. Except VN doesn't sell that great in our hobby. And this one might not either.

I'm a big believer if a full set is not immediately sexy to start, it has to have a lot of interesting stand alone parts. I bought HT Octopus loose complete from someone off this board a long long time ago. I wanted Sam Jackson's head, the body type was extremely valuable then, any True Type, the boots were interesting, and I wanted some of the guns, the quad shotguns and the revolvers. To me, that was enough to pull the trigger and deal with the really bizarre clothing. And that I'd have to remove some of that weird eye makeup off the face. So that's a case, at least for me, where the sum of the parts overcame my general apathy for the full set otherwise.

OK, who am I kidding here. I just want more guns. Rare guns. Big guns. Just more firepower. I try to appreciate all figures in general, but the MP5 just isn't enticing me here. Just some thoughts.

Excellent observation, MeatHookGekko. These historical type of figures should definitely provide both accurate and hopefully unique weapons and gear/kit in order to make them more enticing. (Accurate in detail and to the time.) It also allows us to pick up just those most-wanted items from the parts sellers without having to shell out the cost of a full boxed set. (although many times it is financially better to just buy it complete and sell of the unwanted parts.)

Your mentioning of Dragon's "CIA Jones" brought back some fond memories. That figure, along with BBi's "Trident" a little while afterwards, were innovative releases. It was the golden age for both companies and yet, just a few years later, they were no longer producing 1/6 figures.

Back