1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slikk's was a print of the hacked Bantha file from Battlefront 2 finished as an OT Bantha, this new one is an original sculpt finished as the Mando Bantha, so somewhat "different animals" really.

Slikk's was also a one-off custom, this is a prototype for a run of many, so somewhat hard to compare in that regard too because this is something that primarily relies on the fur treatment to sell the realism - with patience and skill that degree of fur realism is do-able on a one-off project but far harder to pull off with the same realism in large quantities, which is what they are trying to figure out with this proto.

Not sure why the nose looks like a raisin and has no fur at all though. :lol
I dunno the nose looks fairly accurate to the version used in the show. Although maybe it should be a little flatter to the face and some added nostril hair.

Attachments

• 7C3F82ED-B3A3-411C-BB71-31624FEF8E92.jpeg
    7C3F82ED-B3A3-411C-BB71-31624FEF8E92.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 69
I remember slikkerias’s Bantha. I was impressed by that; very lifelike. Gotta say they did a better job on theirs than Inbox Studio.

The fur is just so flat looking. But Inbox did say they would be making improvements so we’ll see.
I do prefer the fur used on the front beard and mouth on the Inbox version. Slikkerias looks like wool, which isn't as tufted imo.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like the Tusken from the UK group won't be going out until next year, even though he already has them.

He's closed between 23rd December and 3rd January. :impatient:

Still waiting on KG Hobby as well. No word yet that they've received their supply.

Haven't heard from KG either. Also waiting for their Shoretrooper in stock notification as well.

I wonder if the demand will increase for this version after BOBF premieres in two weeks

I have Coco's ANH robe, but no Tusken until at least January.

In the meantime I've been trying something out for an inner robe with more fullness, to match that of the outer, since HT's The Mandalorian Tusken's is quite tight fitting.

I still had a set of clothes from Kenner's 1996 12" Obi-Wan.

Taking the inner robe, I removed the elastic from inside the waist, and the belt on the outside. (The belt actually made a pretty good Afrika Korps scarf!)

Cut the sleeves off to reduce bulk, and painted it with a wash of Games Workshop Graveyard Earth, which turned it a nice, grubby sand colour.

I put it on backwards onto the body I used to dry Coco's robe on, pinning the excess material at the back with a safety pin to give me an idea of what it might look like once it had the Tusken's belt and bandoliers. There's plenty of excess material to work with.

It's hard to completely imagine at the moment, but I think it'll work. The collar may need to be cut off, since it's what was the back of Obi-Wan's costume. Though it depends whether I uses Coco's tight fitting neck wrap, or HT's fuller 'scarf' wrap.

What it doesn't have is the double layered look of the longer and shorter inner robe, but I think this could be achieved by cutting it shorter, and using the HT as the inner layer. I'll wait until I have a Tusken in hand before I start cutting anything more off.

100_1607.JPG

ANH Tusken.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1606.JPG
    100_1606.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 69
Bought from toys wonderland just a few days ago. Paid for dhl 4 to 5 days delivery and got it today. It’s pretty decent. I’m impressed with it. Got him posed next to mando in Beskar alongside baby yoda.

I picked up two robes before having any of the figures! Do it!
Still feeling like I should grab a second, but I don't even even my first yet!
I pre ordered 9, thinking I might want a few more to beef up the tribe, but no idea when SSC is getting them. It still says Jan to Mar on the site.

Back