1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody asked "when?" on the UK FB group, and the answer was given:

Should be first week of December

I have another ordered from Hong Kong, so this one was always going to be a race to see who arrived first.

Whoever wins gets to wear Coco's weathered robe. :)

Quick pic straight out of the box with the robe on...he still has his boot plastic wraps on. I may trim some of the fabric off the bottom so it doesn't trail as much but I'm super impressed how good he looks now. Thanks again @Cocoboloboy

tusken.jpg

Last edited:
I ran the robe under some cold water, squeezed it as dry as I could get it and let it dry out on the figure and it drapes a lot more natural. I'm well impressed with this figure now, easily one of my favourites!

It's looking very good, and much more 'OT authentic'.

The robe does drape so well after a soaking.

This was the first photo I took:

100_1486.JPG

And a second just now after futzing the robe a bit:

100_1488.JPG

It feels so much easier to work with than it did straight out of the padded envelope.

Yeah, it's dried a bit stiff too so it holds it's shape really well. I need to look at getting some under robes with the split at the front now. I don't like what HT did with the respirator. It's straight instead of curving down and it's squared off at the back instead of being rounded and wrapping around the back of the neck so it doesn't sit particularly well. I need to pick up a spare and have a go at bending it..

Yeah, it's dried a bit stiff too so it holds it's shape really well. I need to look at getting some under robes with the split at the front now. I don't like what HT did with the respirator. It's straight instead of curving down and it's squared off at the back instead of being rounded and wrapping around the back of the neck so it doesn't sit particularly well. I need to pick up a spare and have a go at bending it..

Looks really good!
Cindy dropped off several ANH style inner robes for me to mess with yesterday so as soon as I get the dye sorted out I’ll post some pics.

I ran the robe under some cold water, squeezed it as dry as I could get it and let it dry out on the figure and it drapes a lot more natural. I'm well impressed with this figure now, easily one of my favourites!
View attachment 549220
It looks fantastic, Dave. I can't wait for my figure to arrive and follow your steps.

Well, the first of my Tusken Raiders has been sitting in L.A. for a week. USPS had it as expected delivery on December 6th...

Hopefully it heads out in single file towards Florida soon.

This is a nice looking figure but I cancelled my order. I'm hoping eventually HT releases an OT version.......good thing I'm not in a rush.

This is a nice looking figure but I cancelled my order. I'm hoping eventually HT releases an OT version.......good thing I'm not in a rush.
Yeah despite nearly pulling the trigger on this one numerous times, for now I got a decent deal on another Sideshow Tusken so went with that to mod instead. I think missing out on Coco's robe (damn you USPS...) probably factored in my decision too. :(

The HT is a really decent figure and I love the bandoliers and accessories, but the somewhat undersized head (I just couldn't get past those tiny John Lennon eye tubes and the teeny "teeth") and overall slightly funky look to the clothes and boots held me back in the end. To be fair to HT, this is pretty much the way Tuskens look in Mando and they did a good job of capturing that look.

But yeah it's possible HT will do what they did with the Biker Scout - Mando first, followed by OT.

Yeah despite nearly pulling the trigger on this one numerous times, for now I got a decent deal on another Sideshow Tusken so went with that to mod instead. I think missing out on Coco's robe (damn you USPS...) probably factored in my decision too. :(

The HT is a really decent figure and I love the bandoliers and accessories, but the somewhat undersized head (I just couldn't get past those tiny John Lennon eye tubes and the teeny "teeth") and overall slightly funky look to the clothes and boots held me back in the end. To be fair to HT, this is pretty much the way Tuskens look in Mando and they did a good job of capturing that look.

But yeah it's possible HT will do what they did with the Biker Scout - Mando first, followed by OT.

The draw of the Tusken was too strong to wait for a HT OT (but not strong enough to pay the eBay prices I was seeing for the SS at the time!)

It's one of those deeply nostalgic character designs, from the moment I saw the photographs in the centre pages of the original Star Wars novelization, which I still have.

With Coco's robe, in spite of the other differences, I think it's going to satisfy the nostalgia enough for now.

The UK group just posted that he's sending out the invoices, so I hopefully shouldn't have to wait too long to try the robe.

That being said, I predict I will likely pick this figure up anyway at some point (but for more than the decent deal TBA had.) :slap :rotfl

My Tusken Raider arrived today! (Second one is coming from SS, eventually...)

I Look forward to setting it up with Coco's robe and will share my prize winning pics, as well... :wink1:

As for HT releasing an OT version, my guess is that if it ever happens, it is going to be years from now. It really will require new development of the figure, though out, specifically the head sculpt and outfit. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Would be nice if they made a BOBF Tusken since at first glance those look to be closer to the OGs. I definitely would not mind having a Mando & Boba on the same shelf

Back