1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys Battallion appear to be hinting they will tackle all the movie Ranger suits-
View attachment 684638
Their teaser image featuring the Falcon emblem, instead of the tiger one that actually appears on the figure, only squeezes lemon juice into my wound

The figure should have the Falcon emblem! Magnetic interchangeable would be even better!

Pre-ordered Zeo Red off Timewalker to put me over for free shipping. And I just reposed my Green and White, so very much in the Tommy spirit today.

Just need a Turbo Red announced.

Last edited:
Their teaser image featuring the Falcon emblem, instead of the tiger one that actually appears on the figure, only squeezes lemon juice into my wound

The figure should have the Falcon emblem! Magnetic interchangeable would be even better!
Yeah, I had the exact same reaction.
Would be a great touch to even further differentiate them from the threezero MMPR set to display them as more of a progression than just a movie upgrade.

At least the Ninjetti figure has the Falcon emblem. Someone will definitely transfer it over- and render their ninja figure worthless.

I recently bought Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie on Blu-ray. Came in the mail yesterday and I watched it last night.

Probably the first time I’ve seen it since around the time it came out. Have to say it was a bit of a rough watch. :lol

The show has a certain charm to it. I think the show is helped by its low budget look and feel, whereas the movie has a higher budget and attempts to do more and comes across worse.

Also the costumes I just don’t care for. I would take the spandex suits over the weird rubbery suits any day personally. I do however like the Ninja suits they wear.

The Command Center looks cool but I don’t like the designs of Zordon and Alpha. The Zords are also lame and don’t do much except the final battle.

I recently bought Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie on Blu-ray. Came in the mail yesterday and I watched it last night.

Probably the first time I’ve seen it since around the time it came out. Have to say it was a bit of a rough watch. :lol

The show has a certain charm to it. I think the show is helped by its low budget look and feel, whereas the movie has a higher budget and attempts to do more and comes across worse.

Also the costumes I just don’t care for. I would take the spandex suits over the weird rubbery suits any day personally. I do however like the Ninja suits they wear.

The Command Center looks cool but I don’t like the designs of Zordon and Alpha. The Zords are also lame and don’t do much except the final battle.
CGI was relatively new and hot so they wanted to use it to make zord/monster visuals you'd never see on the show, which is an understandable motivation. The problem was just that the tech was too new and the budget too low to actually pull them off. The effects aged like milk left out on the counter. Perhaps they figured that their target audience of 7 year olds would not be discerning enough for it to matter, and they were probably right. It's a decision that makes sense in its moment, but does not lend itself to longevity. I'm sure that was never their concern though, they just needed butts in seats on opening weekend.

I was one of them, and it worked well enough on me at the time. I was very excited by the new suits that looked higher budget with their new materials and added details. The command center, zordon, alpha, it all looked like more money was spent than the show ever had. The lighting looked more professional. The locations more varied and interesting. I was enamored with it all. I assumed that after all this stuff was created, they would then use it to continue making the show.

I was unaware at the time how the show was made and why that wouldn't work out, so I was quite surprised and disappointed when we went back to the show and they were back on the old sets with the spandex.

Looking back on it with the discerning eyes of an adult, there are aspects of the new suits I don't like, but there are still aspects that I do. I think having the symbols on the chest looks great. And while not all the plastic detail is great, I do like having more of it spread across the suit, so that the helmet isn't the lone piece. Other aspects not so much, like the white ranger's shield practically falling apart, and a lot of misc pieces among the rangers appearing ill-fitting. And the reshaped helmets generally don't look as sleek as the originals.

All in all, I think that movie accomplished what it set out to do, and I still look back on it fondly.

My biggest gripe with the movie is the redesigns of established characters. Goldar, Zed, Alpha, all downgrades from their show designs, and you would think bigger budget would mean doing it even better.

My biggest gripe with the movie is the redesigns of established characters. Goldar, Zed, Alpha, all downgrades from their show designs, and you would think bigger budget would mean doing it even better.
I wouldn't call them "downgrades". They were just different.
1003d811-e3b0-4d7b-ab37-e17ea37c708d_text.gif

8bdf995e-0a0f-41c1-9436-8cd8e1955efb_text.gif

Though, admittedly, I did prefer their TV designs.

Just got the email a few minutes ago. White Ranger re-release have started to ship out. I'm so happy to finally be able to complete the team. I have a spot for him right in the middle since he's my favorite Ranger.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 191327.png

IMG_5287.JPG

I do wonder why Threezero is seemingly so dismissive of people asking for stands. Even if they included something basic it wouldn’t add that much cost and would be nice to have.

I do wonder why Threezero is seemingly so dismissive of people asking for stands. Even if they included something basic it wouldn’t add that much cost and would be nice to have.
While I do agree, I think they really like that sweet "under $100" price point that caused a lot of collectors and fans to bite. And if they want stands, I'm sure a third-party can provide them (I see plenty out there).

While I do agree, I think they really like that sweet "under $100" price point that caused a lot of collectors and fans to bite. And if they want stands, I'm sure a third-party can provide them (I see plenty out there).
Yeah, but what would a stand really cost them to include? I can’t imagine it would add that much to the price tag. They’re pretty much the only sixth scale company I can think of (licensed or unlicensed) who don’t include stands. I know you can buy them but it would be convenient for them to just be included.

Yeah. A bunch of people on EBay made a killing from selling stands I designed and asked one of them to print for me.

Turbo is currently being developed by ThreeZero
Turbo would thrill me, if only because I always loved Turbo Red. I actually like most of the suits over Zeo, even if the "car" theme was a little off-putting at the time.

Back