1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Zeo team, but I wasn't ready to justify the whole MMPR team either currently so I need to be selective... but, yeah, Tommy's a guarantee.

They do look great though! And I KNEW Zeo Gold was in the cards. SooSoo and Present Toys all tackling him too makes him rather popular lately.
I could totally justify buying the MMPR team because that was my childhood. I can’t justify Zeo though! By the time Zeo rolled around I was starting to tune out. I had stopped getting the toys and just watched the show. I was probably totally out by the middle of Zeo.

Threezero again with their skinny bodies.
This is one case where I'm not quite as upset. The actual suit actors were pretty lean. Threezero's MMPR rangers actually had a tad more definition than the real thing.

4pn2an5xfqv61.jpg

one step closer to Lost Galaxy.
I'm very curious how deep they can dive into this franchise. The fact that third-party makers are tackling Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder tells me there's a market for other seasons and characters.
I could totally justify buying the MMPR team because that was my childhood. I can’t justify Zeo though! By the time Zeo rolled around I was starting to tune out. I had stopped getting the toys and just watched the show. I was probably totally out by the middle of Zeo.
I surprisingly had a ton of Zeo toys and figures and kept up with the show quite strongly. I thought the Machine Empire and suits were a step down from MMPR (but I was also quite attached to those), but I thought the actual story and characterization was stronger than anything in MMPR.
FWxJ1CMUIAA-fi0.jpg

I tried to stick with Turbo, but I missed one episode and came back to find basically the entire cast had been replaced with characters I was unfamiliar with. I basically dropped it at that point, but did still have quite a few toys. In hindsight, I should have stuck with it, because rewatching it all years later I fell in love with In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, and many other seasons. I think I was just burnt out and losing the entire cast I was familiar with was too much for me at the time.

I surprisingly had a ton of Zeo toys and figures and kept up with the show quite strongly. I thought the Machine Empire and suits were a step down from MMPR (but I was also quite attached to those), but I thought the actual story and characterization was stronger than anything in MMPR.
FWxJ1CMUIAA-fi0.jpg

I tried to stick with Turbo, but I missed one episode and came back to find basically the entire cast had been replaced with characters I was unfamiliar with. I basically dropped it at that point, but did still have quite a few toys. In hindsight, I should have stuck with it, because rewatching it all years later I fell in love with In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, and many other seasons. I think I was just burnt out and losing the entire cast I was familiar with was too much for me at the time.
I think I was maybe 9 when Zeo started and was getting into WWF and sports at the time lol. I briefly got back into watching during Dino Thunder when I discovered that JDF was on the show. But now at 37, I want to watch every season of Power Rangers and finish it off with the newest series.

I always hear good things about In Space, Lost Galaxy and Time Force, so I’m pretty excited about that. I do remember going out of my way and watching the Turbo movie too (way after it was on VHS), then when I tuned into see the show, like you, I saw everyone was different.

Threezero also teased the Zeo Gold Ranger. Wonder how the third party one will do now.

Threezero also teased the Zeo Gold Ranger. Wonder how the third party one will do now.

Threezero seems to be avoiding the actor headsculpts in all their releases, probably to keep the figures at a low price.

So 3rd parties can differentiate themselves with the sculpts.

View attachment 683070
Threezero seems to be avoiding the actor headsculpts in all their releases, probably to keep the figures at a low price.

So 3rd parties can differentiate themselves with the sculpts.
Shame none of them seem to be going that route.
We’re only getting a Tommy HS with the ninja outfit which has the headband sculpted on so won’t be transferable to any other power suit.

Posted on Reddit (16 hours ago).
46ABC1C5-E05A-44FB-A9C7-FE01A284CB4E.png

Edit: JDF actually did the Red Ranger not the Black. ;)

Last edited:
One of the things that made the movie costume feel special to me as a kid was that it was the only version to actually receive the new Falcon emblem on the chest. Once we went back to the TV series that reused old footage and costumes, it was back to the same old tiger emblem, despite his powers no longer being tiger based.

So for this figure to go with the tiger emblem instead of the falcon emblem from later in the movie to me feels like it misses one of the defining features that made this suit interesting.

This detail alone may make the difference between whether I buy this or not. I kept scrolling through the photos for this figure expecting to see an interchangeable emblem, but it wasn't there.

J0C0hJal.jpg

Holding out for GunDamit to list the 3rd party Albino movie Rangers paid off at last.
I was hovering over the ‘buy now’ buttons last night trying to decide between OSK and KG, but figured I’d give it one more day.
Nailed it.

You can get the $1 PO and a nice, cheap final price if you decide to commit when the time comes and threezero still hasn’t shown the movies any love.

The Zeo team really looks good to me. I’m tempted but I think I’ll just get the Red Ranger.

Probably will stick to mostly Tommy figures. Although I am tempted to just get the full MMPR set.

The Zeo team really looks good to me. I’m tempted but I think I’ll just get the Red Ranger.

Probably will stick to mostly Tommy figures. Although I am tempted to just get the full MMPR set.
The full MMPR set along with White Ranger and Lord Drakkon make a great display if you have the room. One of my favorite displays out of my entire collection.

I'd love to see villains but I don't think we'll see them any time soon or at all, sadly. If they came out as good as the Rangers, I would easily get Zedd, Rita, Goldar, and Scorpina.

I think that there will be a 3rd party add on for Toys Battalion Albino Ranger for those that wanted to change the center piece to the Falcon.

Didn’t Tommy use both the Tiger and the Falcon depending on the situation or the Falcon was used more prominently as the series went further?

I think that there will be a 3rd party add on for Toys Battalion Albino Ranger for those that wanted to change the center piece to the Falcon.

Didn’t Tommy use both the Tiger and the Falcon depending on the situation or the Falcon was used more prominently as the series went further?
Tiger was outright destroyed. Falcon kept showing up as recently as Dimensions in Danger.

Back