1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't this figure really have its own thread by now?
It did at one time along with the Blackbox version, but they were both deleted and this one became the sole survivor so everything got jammed into here a few years back. Surprised this thread is still around after SSF decided to delete the customs section and unlicensed product threads.

If the SS affiliate was revoked , who cares anymore..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coat looks pretty good there, although I wish the padding on the shoulders was a bit more prominent and puffed out. It was a cool design element that seems to be barely visible on this.

15ab3ff1ec9c001326e4f56266c6f4cb.jpg

Coat looks pretty good there, although I wish the padding on the shoulders was a bit more prominent and puffed out. It was a cool design element that seems to be barely visible on this.

Cool am liking the closed cot look as well. Very sci-fi.

To be honest I'd never noticed the shoulders until you pointed it out now. I guess you could put some padding under the shoulders to make them a bit more prominent......or they haven't done that yet like the collar fur :lol

There does not appear to be any shoulder pads on that coat yet......hopefully that is still a work in progress!

This is what they did for their prototype:

101098631_2981944795216600_5711665514170810368_o.jpg

The partly finished coats appear to already have those pieces sewn on:

100859879_2412313209066253_5453473915949023232_o.jpg

They just don't look very padded....

To be honest I'd never noticed the shoulders until you pointed it out now. I guess you could put some padding under the shoulders to make them a bit more prominent......

View attachment 487015
View attachment 487016
View attachment 487017
New pics
Shouldn't this figure really have its own thread by now?

No one seems to have mentioned that with these new pics they also said that they have wire in the coat and magnets (probably in the collar) to achieve the same look in the film. This is excellent !!

Early June shipments to start......apparantly.

But either way we must be getting damn close. Also nice features on the coat to take it to the next level.

They are based in china though right? I bought a figure from China last week, and as the air mail service is still out of action, the delivery time to UK is estimated at 2-3 months. 3 months seems about right based on other things have bought from China since the epidemic kicked in.

Guess it will be at least September before I see this figure even if it does ship in June.

They are based in china though right? I bought a figure from China last week, and as the air mail service is still out of action, the delivery time to UK is estimated at 2-3 months. 3 months seems about right based on other things have bought from China since the epidemic kicked in.

Guess it will be at least September before I see this figure even if it does ship in June.

I had a SpeedPAK parcel from KG Hobby (the equivalent of regular airmail, but supposedly only for Ebay use) picked up in Hong Kong on 29th May which arrived in London on 4th June. That's within the usual SpeedPAK estimate.

The problem isn't with the airmail now, but with the backlog of parcels arriving and waiting to go through customs - due to social distancing and reduced staff due to the virus.

Now it's a case of waiting until they reach the parcel to process it. Reading other peoples' experiences it could be up to a month.

I did have a small parcel from France which I'd ordered on 25th May, and was delivered to me 30th May. Since we're technically still in the EU at the moment maybe that sped the process up?

I had a SpeedPAK parcel from KG Hobby (the equivalent of regular airmail, but supposedly only for Ebay use) picked up in Hong Kong on 29th May which arrived in London on 4th June. That's within the usual SpeedPAK estimate.

The problem isn't with the airmail now, but with the backlog of parcels arriving and waiting to go through customs - due to social distancing and reduced staff due to the virus.

Now it's a case of waiting until they reach the parcel to process it. Reading other peoples' experiences it could be up to a month.

I did have a small parcel from France which I'd ordered on 25th May, and was delivered to me 30th May. Since we're technically still in the EU at the moment maybe that sped the process up?

Yes apparently there is a big difference with shipping from mainland China vs Hong Kong. I had heard normal fast shipping was stopped from HK. But yes, agree wherever you go there will be delays.

I had a good year with figures , bought quite a few, found some grails at good prices, but after all that, I still think this figure is my most anticipated.......

Getting the SSC Freddy was the highlight before this.

The wording was a little confusing on their recent Facebook post but i think they were implying first shipments begin June 20th?

I imagine the block is the painted headsculpts, we have you to see a production sample only the paint tests. In his defense though, 2 weeks from his original(latest) estimate isn't bad and so far everything I've seen looks very promising for the price!

A June release without even a final sculpt?? Well is supermadtoys , I don't expect anything anymore

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Take all the time you need SuperMad.....

Let make this one as good as Steve ...

Back