1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is surprising how delayed this figure is, especially since it's such a basic figure with fairly simple clothing.

I will say, however, that their SMDM was great. Sure, maybe not HT level, but still pretty darn good. The figure is without a doubt better than what Sideshow would do and very good for the price which was about $120--especially in this day and age. So I have no problem giving them plenty of slack.

Plus, they have shown real commitment with their SMDM line. They put up for PO a second Steve and have shown early prototypes for Jaime Summers and Sasquatch. And they periodically show their progress on Facebook, including revisions to the sculpts.

Perhaps they just care more about the SMDM line than the BR line! Regardless, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, if this hobby has taught me anything, it's patience. There's no other hobby I've been involved with that has you pre-order something very expensive a year in advance and finally receive the item well after all the hype has disappeared and the attention has moved on to other things.

This is pretty common in this game......

Waited almost 3 years for one piece. Delayed for over a year.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
Oh I know. I'm used to delays. It's pretty common with bigger companies like HT etc. Hell I've had to wait 14 months just for a paintjob on a sculpt!

God I remember the long waits for Superman, DX07 Luke....Avatar....

Just havent ever ordered anything from this company before and I think they said original Estimated release was Q3 of 2018? Just annoying to see this keep getting pushed back over and over again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It is surprising how delayed this figure is, especially since it's such a basic figure with fairly simple clothing.

The figure is without a doubt better than what Sideshow would do and very good for the price which was about $120--especially in this day and age. So I have no problem giving them plenty of slack.

This is true, I do forget that a $120 figure nowadays is rare. In fact most 1/12 figures are in the $120 range now, so to get something of quality comparable to a $200+ figure is definitely worth the wait. It's not like I don't want this figure anymore because it's a year late.:cuckoo: I'm just not a fan of the way they were bashing the Black Box figure.

Well seems K is getting some workover, Q3 now per FB....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Shipping update via Facebook...
Mid Sept. Hunter D
Early Oct. Hunter K (introducing new boots and holster) guess they're still making unnecessary changes to add to the delay?
:dunno:impatient:

Mid Sept. Hunter D
Early Oct. Hunter K (introducing new boots and holster) guess they're still making unnecessary changes to add to the delay?

Damn. I was just watching Bladerunner 2049 and thought when the hell is this Hunter K figure coming ?? Well I guess if they are doing new stuff like boots and holster that is some small consolation. But quite annoying.

Anyone getting this ? I wasn't so keen to begin with, but do like the green coat.

O1CN01vWLDCw21pA2C4ZEAH_17033__56792.1552461620.1000.1200.jpg

Anyone getting this ? I wasn't so keen to begin with, but do like the green coat.

I have the set pre-ordered at KG Hobby.

Her body has been ready and waiting for several months (TBLeague S18A Pale).

I also have a spare Xing semi-seamless body, which might be more appropriate height for the actress,and should work just as well with the clothes.

That means I have the option of using the second sculpt on the naked TBLeague...which would be a first because I have a thing for covering up unnecessary bare flesh on my military girls.

This may be an exception to the rule!

Black Box Joi (9).jpg

Attachments

• Black Box Joi (10).jpg
    Black Box Joi (10).jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 84
"Anyone getting this? I wasn't so keen to begin with, but do like the green coat."

Yep, I've got it on pre-order from GIANTOYS.

I'm holding off on buying the figure until I get the set in-hand. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Mid Sept. Hunter D

So I’m gonna guess December for Deckard and maybe February for K? If they’re still making changes to K it seems nigh impossible for them to get it out by October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back