1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you're right, that is looking kind of atrocious.

ggggff.JPG

I haven?t heard from KG yet... but by the look of it that might be for the better [emoji51]

Mine was despatched this morning, so yours should be soon.

I don't take much notice of those quick phone snaps from retailers.

If she actually looked that bad KG Hobby wouldn't have posted photos. They'd have done what retailers did with Toys Works' Jessica Jones and just let customers find out for themselves.

Recently there were some pretty bad blogger photos of Pop Toys' Robin Hood which made the sculpts look terrible. In hand they were excellent, with all the skin detail, flesh tones and beard painting you'd expect from a company like Hot Toys.

Black Box aren't in Pop Toys' league, but they're usually pretty good.

Yeah, wanted to be kind by calling it "not so good", but yup, looks absolutely awful.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

The sculpts are better than KG Hobby's photos suggested, but still lack the range of tones shown in the promotional photos.

The main problem which was immediately apparent, is that they're very small. Placed on the suggested TBLeague/Phicen body it looks like a pin head.

I had an alternative body ready, a semi-seamless Pop Toys Xing 92005A, which is shorter and with narrower shoulders. This mitigates some of the issue with the tiny sculpt.

The paint is also more tan, whereas Black Box recommended a pale body. Which always seemed iffy based on the original photos.

The jacket is yellow, rather than green, and isn't totally transparent as there's a kind of bloom or frosting on it. Yellow, however, is much more accurate to the actual costume.

Boots look quite complex, but have more of a shiny plastic finish than the leathery pleather they showed. The zips also don't reach the top, as though they cut the lengths too short.

This is another low point, following the Toys Works Jessica Jones bait and switch. Though I still suspect Black Box and Toys Works to be the same company.

All these photos were taken with the flash, so in hand and under normal lighting the sculpt looks better than it appears here.

The body is the Pop Toys Xing 92005A, suntan, small bust, because you have to scale the figure down to better match the small sculpt size.

48670827771_2bd574713b_o.jpg

48670488098_79d49b93b8_o.jpg

48670827831_e054de9505_o.jpg

48670827796_2d4e57be79_o.jpg

Putting the second sculpt on the recommended TBLeague S18A not only accentuates how under sized it is, but also how tanned it is compared to the body:

48670934466_5636ac48d9_o.jpg

48670934461_1a28f11457_o.jpg

So this is how I'll be displaying the second sculpt:

48671211962_b6b6814f46_o.jpg

She looks good on display though.

And she was pretty cheap, apart from the useless TBLeague body which I don't have any current plans for.

It was ironic that the Xing body arrived in the post a while back, and I had no idea where from at first because I hadn't ordered or paid for it! I can only surmise it was an Ebay order which the seller cancelled because the supposedly 'in stock' body wasn't, and restocks were delayed again and again without any idea when they would appear. The seller refunded me. Then months later out of the blue the body arrived, but without any indication from which seller.

I didn't have any use for it, but considered I might be using it for Joi.

I know it's a cheap figure compared to most other companies but I'd still be pretty upset with the final product.

Back