1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies - medical issue in family at present.

Figure is okay - the weathering on the face is not as good as what was suggested - but I intend to weather it further anyway. The eyebrows/beard, etc. are more pronounced than version 1.0 - and looks good. Will post some pics when I get the chance - no doubt some images will show up on other forums. I’m very happy with the figure - but it needs more blood and scratches on the face.

From Supermad' fb page:

60803062_2125958024368441_8663735659292262400_n.jpg

"Still fixing the head of Hunter K,There is still a bit of controversy about coloring.
Is it better to have dark skin and light skin?
Don't worry, target shipment Q3 2019"

Most (including myself) responded that black skin looks better.

Make him as black as humanly possible. :lol Supermad toys is just F'ing with us at this point. Neither head sculpt looks good anyway. Just ship the damn thing already. The wait time for this has been ridiculous.

Right, here are some quick pics of my Blackbox version 2.0. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the head before I weathered it further. Just imagine it without the blood damage and you'll have an idea of how it looked when it arrived.

As I mentioned previously, they've darkened his eyebrows and beard growth compared to the first version - it looks good in my opinion.

The figure came packed in the same box as version 1.0 (the figure on the upper level, accessories on the lower level).

I'm really happy with how it looks. Is it 100% perfect? - no. But it's more than fine for a knock-off figure.

L6DpBR9l.jpg

cwJssWNl.jpg

SyUea98l.jpg

pbmmDa7l.jpg

RGicbPSl.jpg

Kinda glad I cancelled my pre-order for the Supermad Toys version - the Blackbox figure is more than satisfactory. Still hanging out for the Supermad Toys 2049 Deckard figure though!

EDIT - just as an aside, in my opinion Ryan Gosling has one of those faces that is tricky to emulate - the same goes for Harrison Ford. If I'm being honest - I don't really see any improvement in the numerous Supermad Officer K head-sculpts to date - in fact I think I prefer the very first one they released.

From Supermad' fb page:

View attachment 454686

"Still fixing the head of Hunter K,There is still a bit of controversy about coloring.
Is it better to have dark skin and light skin?
Don't worry, target shipment Q3 2019"

Most (including myself) responded that black skin looks better.

At least they're asking to make sure it's right in the eyes of collectors.

Asian painted figures can have too dark skin and hair colour as that's what they see as normal every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asian painted figures can have too dark skin and hair colour as that's what they see as normal every day.

There head sculpt isn't all that great anyway so what does it matter? As Username said it looks like something you can get off of eBay right now for about $20. :lol

if they make it too dark the hand color's gonna be a mismatch, unless they also painted the hands.

Hopefully the current hype around SuperMads Six Million Dollar Man dies down so they can focus on the Blade Runner figs next. But yeah, that will still mean sometime in Q3 2049 like others have mentioned.

I wish I wanted a six million dollar man and not Blade Runner 2049 figures.....then I'd be golden!

Well with their attitude of delays to give us "the best figure possible", I sure hope they aren't shooting themselves in the foot with all of these set backs on every one of their figures. Either release the figure as is or else we better be getting something amazing.:impatient:
Their Six Million Dollar Man was good, but not amazing. I don't know about their Joker figure either?

Yeah this has been becoming a joke. Honestly. Ordered this almost a year ago. (6.28.2018).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is pretty common in this game......

Waited almost 3 years for one piece. Delayed for over a year.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back