1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great we can all enjoy this figure, some not enjoy it, and at the same time disagree. Always interesting to see the different points of view. I definitely enjoy this version of Deckard but I definitely agree that the costume isn't something to write home about. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered "causal old Deckard" and I wasn't disappointed.

Deckard_old01.jpg
Good looking figure. Only way to improve the hair would be replacing it with fur hair - which I'm gonna try later.
Good job Supermad! Can't waif for the K now.

Yup, we can all agree to disagree. My recommendation would be if you are remotely interested, pick it up, well worth the money.

Not sure this has been mentioned but I think the sculpt is just a recast/rework of the TFA Han sculpt, there's just enough smile lines and wrinkles that match up just so. Seems like they just sculpted new hair, ears, and then made it neckless.

I think they might have used it as a starting off point, but the TFA face is much wider and has always looked a bit off to me, whereas the Supermad is narrower and looks spot on. So whatever changes they made, it was definitely for the best.

He seems a bit de-aged. Tough to say how they used the TFA sculpt but it seems close in quite a number of places.

27fc753d5fc67c4ba283163c8b25ac4d.jpg

e5793033b26cf02c15cf7bd872186175.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone in the US still waiting on their preorder from KG Hobby? Mine shipped on the 15th and still nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone in the US still waiting on their preorder from KG Hobby? Mine shipped on the 15th and still nothing yet.

Mine shipped on the 13th and received it on the 24th.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I think they might have used it as a starting off point, but the TFA face is much wider and has always looked a bit off to me, whereas the Supermad is narrower and looks spot on. So whatever changes they made, it was definitely for the best.

Looks good overall, weak parts being the hair and dark skin tone. Paint work seems about on par with OSK sculpts.

Both awesome sculpt in their own rights!

Yeah, I still favor the TFA one but think the new one came out pretty well. Plus it's looking pretty great as a Crystal Skull Indy -- TFA Han really didn't work for that.

To make matters even more complicated there is this head sculpt which I also think tweaked the old han sculpt. Parts of this like the hair which still looks a bit off are way better than the Supermad other parts like the neck in profile look weird.

I got it anyways will likely do some sort of repaint or hair transplant or hair modification type situation. I’ll get something to work I feel better now. More to work with.

Last edited:
I think it’s workable though, far more than the Supermad if you ask me. With that one you are totally reconstructing with this one it’s removing and adding the shape of the head is far more workable I think. I’ve done more with less before so I see a diamond in the rough here.

I foresee a full repaint and a partial hair resculpt

To make matters even more complicated there is this head sculpt which I also think tweaked the old han sculpt. Parts of this like the hair which still looks a bit off are way better than the Supermad other parts like the neck in profile look weird.

I got it anyways will likely do some sort of repaint or hair transplant or hair modification type situation. I’ll get something to work I feel better now. More to work with.

I would love to see the initial sculpt, Ray. I've been curious to see how that sculpt looks in-hand but was hesitant to purchase due to the China aka recast-land location.

Ugh. Mine finally arrived after a couple weeks and has a ton of issues. Horrendous paint splotch/rub on the nose, two whiskey glasses instead of one glass and a bottle, and one of the boots is the loosest/floppiest foot joint I?ve had on a figure. Fantastic.
e9e24e686aa68967b8c19635adbc1898.jpg
d7ee0be37ca40cc9013e56e76561030f.plist

Last edited:
Back