1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is one of those figures that fans will overlook the obvious flaws. I was interested to see how this turned out. If it had been a bit better, i would've added it to my collection. Still pleased SA tackled it though. Let's hope there's enough sales so they continue to do so.

I think the sales will spike with some obvious fixes. You can't expect fans to compromise with average / inaccurate outfit material and then seemingly scale down the exciting base they showed. Basically they barely fixed anything and then scaled down even on what actually was good in the figure. Sometimes I wonder what goes on and about these decisions. A seemingly stunning start becomes an average release and then people say fans backed out :( this will do good if they fix the obvious flaws. It's a good start but it's not upto 2016 standards

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Exact same head - only paint has changed.

Think I prefer the first head they showed. Both are weak sculpts but the first had more feminine features and was softer. The nose wasn't as unappealing as this new one either.
edeef2eda4cc171462c5f0bb4315a33d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same head - only paint has changed.

Can you confirm that? Because they look like two vastly different sculpts, or they used some magic paint technique. The head looks smaller, cheeks more sunken in, completely different eyebrows, nose, eyes and hair. If it was the same sculpt, then a repaint could save it, but I don't think so.

Can you confirm that? Because they look like two vastly different sculpts, or they used some magic paint technique. The head looks smaller, cheeks more sunken in, completely different eyebrows, nose, eyes and hair. If it was the same sculpt, then a repaint could save it, but I don't think so.

We're seeing the sculpt from 2 different angles and under two different lighting conditions, maybe that's it. Also remember when we first saw it a ToyFair the sculpt wasn't on the correct body.

We're seeing the sculpt from 2 different angles and under two different lighting conditions, maybe that's it. Also remember when we first saw it a ToyFair the sculpt wasn't on the correct body.

Yea that definitely plays a big factor but the sculpt definitely looks tweaked more so then just a new paint job.

It's not magic paint. It's just paint. It's why Jc Hong heads over at hot toys look better then the production. Not Becuase they are different sculpts but different paint.

I don't get people...

It's an awesome figure
its body/clothes have wrong shape/material and should be replaced, so actually it's just a headsculpt. and not flawless. and for a price of a figure. i guess that's the reason.

Hmmm I love this character but no digging this figure. Wish the figure would pop a little bit more.

Looks great to me but not sure it's an improvement on clothes compared to the earlier Phicen version. Trying to track down a Phicen Selena to cross with this one and make a perfect looking Selene.

Looks great to me but not sure it's an improvement on clothes compared to the earlier Phicen version. Trying to track down a Phicen Selena to cross with this one and make a perfect looking Selene.

That's what I was thinking of doing. :naughty

Back