1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad at all. I've always wondered why it's taken so long for the Underworld series to get official collectible licensing, especially for sixth scale figures. Selene is iconic.

The jacket and rooted hair seem to be the highlights here. Also, nice face sculpt that would do well with a repaint.

I see it is up for pre-order at BBTS. Price seems a bit high for me. It looks good but not sure if it looks good enough with what it comes with and the price. Will have to think about it for a bit.

Ha... yes. Just realized that she doesn't have rooted hair. Guess that's testament to the sculpt. For my money, you can't beat the look of rooted hair (done right) versus sculpt, especially on hair that goes past the ears.

Yeah, not sure if she's worth that price point, although I'm not very familiar with Star Ace or anything else they've done. With good, rooted hair, however, I'd probably pay that and more.

she doesn't really have one in the movie though, shes a slender woman.

tumblr_m7hgngJTLZ1rtzlzf.gif

:lol A few people got lucky with TW

Overall looks really good and it's the best Selene sculpt to date (although the predecessors weren't really stiff competition). With a couple improvements the whole package would be mind-blowing, but it's probably late in the game for any changes.

Everything is solid but the one thing that detracts is the blandness of the suit since the entire thing is the same material. It would have more flare and pop (and of course accuracy) if they were able to pull off the latex, or at least achieve a latex look with a shinny appearance so there would be the mix of texture and shades of black like on screen. Also, a thinner material like HT routinely uses for Widow or Selena Kyle. Those outfits are a lot more form-fitting and don't add so much bulk at the shoulders. As it stands this fig looks a lot better with the coat on

The body doesn't look great but I think it may be how her build translates to 1/6. Giving her more curves and cushion wouldn't be accurate to Kate's build, but her build doesn't make for a good look in figure form. I think for the sake of making a better looking figure, it wouldn't have hurt to add a touch here and there.

I wonder if the Lycan base and throwing stars got canceled?

Had high hopes for this but don't know why everything just seems "almost there but not quite"? I was hugely looking forward to this line given how good most of the Harry Potter stuff has been. Think I'll pass on this one and hope for better further down the line.

Back