1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

Blah the last 2 movies were awful, would much rather have more characters from the this film license. Marcus would be a beast of a figure

The Beckinsale likeness really shines through from this angle.

pot22.jpg

You can see the awesome detail on her boots and her base from this angle.

pot11.jpg

The more I see the figure from different angles the more I like it. They even got her lips right. That was one of my initial gripes.

Last edited:

Yeah, the sculpt is fantastic.

It's definitely very good. So now just keep the same detail when shrunk down, and make a few tweaks to the costume and it will be perfect.

I'm still in amazement that I finally get the figure I've always wanted.

I wonder how the holsters will attach to the legs, maybe internal magnets? In real life they were stitched on the outfit I think

I'd still would like to see her come with two head sculpts. one angry vampire with fangs and one regular look. I also hope the boots are not hard molded. even metal sword and knife.

When I talked to the US Rep and CEO of Star Ace they said they said very cryptically that they weren't ruling out using the vampire head but it would be a variant figure most likely. That way they get to charge you for another figure lol. Just marketing at its finest

Headsculpt is awesome but just need slightly smaller which they planned anyway

That price seems a bit high to me. As much as I enjoy the character, not sure if I am willing to spend that much on it.

When I talked to the US Rep and CEO of Star Ace they said they said very cryptically that they weren't ruling out using the vampire head but it would be a variant figure most likely. That way they get to charge you for another figure lol. Just marketing at its finest

That's not very cool. :(

But like I said in a previous post, they'll probably release a variants from a few of the films; with different accessories, heads, etc...
Maybe a later version will have rooted hair. :monkey3 :wink1:

That price seems a bit high to me. As much as I enjoy the character, not sure if I am willing to spend that much on it.

Demand from a license that's not been done before perhaps?

How much are your average Hoy Toys figures in the US these days?

Funny... I think this every time something new comes out. You could put the actual person in the actual costume and people will still through a conniption fit about it. I think this will be the best Selene will ever get. That being said, remember the last ones that came out. Figure Fun had the outfit down Kumik had the dead sculpt Phicen well they tried. Give it time and we'll see how Star Ace delivers. I think I wont be upset in the day its ready to buy.

Demand from a license that's not been done before perhaps?

How much are your average Hoy Toys figures in the US these days?

I get that and I see what you are saying about Hot Toys prices but from what I have seen of the Harry Potter figures, they look good but not Hot Toys good. Maybe this will be better. Just seems a bit high still.

I get that and I see what you are saying about Hot Toys prices but from what I have seen of the Harry Potter figures, they look good but not Hot Toys good. Maybe this will be better. Just seems a bit high still.

No I was genuinely curious. If this figure is $250, then how does that compare to a company like Hot Toys?

No I was genuinely curious. If this figure is $250, then how does that compare to a company like Hot Toys?

Well, the Hot Toys Tie Pilot is the latest figure that has gone up for preorder. For full retail, it costs $199.99 in the U.S.

And Princess Leia was $204.99.

Well, the Hot Toys Tie Pilot is the latest figure that has gone up for preorder. For full retail, it costs $199.99 in the U.S.

But what accessories does it come with? $199 is like the lowest for a HT figure. Wouldn't HT Black Widow or Scarlet Witch be a better comparison? BW is $220 and I believe they reused her head from a previous version. Scarlet Witch is $230. So Selene will be right in line with those...and she has a deluxe base being made for her.

yeah, i think i may hold off buying selene for the chance of her vampire head version. from what i have seen so far star ace like to do doubles of figures. for me vampire selene would be best, in fact, if the vampire version is battle damaged that would be very very cool.

Just answering FREEKDOM's question. Tie Pilot only comes with base, blaster, and like eight hands, I think.

So basically everything in the photo is a placeholder. It's a tricky position to be in for a company I'm sure. On one hand you want to show your upcoming products to get people excited, but on the other hand if you show it too early then you risk turning people off because they don't understand that improvements will likely be made. I'm just going to keep an eye on this and will pick it up if it turns out well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back