1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple better shots of the HS would be great. From your pic, I’m still not seeing much of Lena. As a “generic” movie-based Spartan Queen, I like the outfit.

I will make some more pictures later on, the likeness is indeed not spot-on. If lets say the latest headsculpt of Princess Leia ESB would get a 10 out of 10, then this one would get a at least a 6, maybe a 6.5 The face recognition of Lena is definitely there, including her little 'mole' on her right cheek.

IMO she has a better likeness then Emmet Brown/Daenerys, but worse then lets say a figure like Anakin.

Her body is also new, the visible parts are seamless, has very narrow shouders, a broad ribcage, a cute butt, Lena size boobs, and has narrow but feminine hips.

It is very smartly build because there is a vertical line from the chestrubber body covering the plastic lower part, but this is hidden wel by her dress and leather straps. Besides that she does not have the sausage hands that the Daenerys figure has. It just looks like Lena's body from the 300 movie. The body is very slender, without losing her feminine forms. Also important, the colour is also on par and matches with the headsculpt.

Because of the new body you can position her a little differently than normal. Hips to the front, legs and shoulders arching to the back, even a simple museum pose will look great because of this IMO (see picture that I posted before).

The outfit, combination of rooted/sculpted hair, stuff she comes with, and the overal quality is very high. I am talking about Hot Toys quality standards (including the fresh out of the box plastic-crack-smell) :lol

Anyway I am very happy with the endresult and cannot wait to position her next to Leonidas. IMHO these 2 will make for a very nice eye-catcher in anyones collection.

Just my 2 cents.

Connection of neck and head in this review look very bad. I think that hole in head is to big or neck to small. Except that this figurine looks very good.

I'm looking at the Gorgo thinking she would look very good next a Leonidas. I probably won't have her posed with the Spartan weapons though but I could probably toss those onto any good muscular body with any old headsculpt and have a custom Spartan as space filler in that display so I am glad she comes with them as accessories.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got gorgo a couple weeks ago, wish I didn't as I'm gonna box her up to sell. She's a horrendous POC.

Really bad likeness, way too much hair, cheap body that has sausage limbs and does not match the skin tone of the face, no neck... the list goes on and on.

I'm done with this company... it's hopeless at this point for them I think.

I got gorgo a couple weeks ago, wish I didn't as I'm gonna box her up to sell. She's a horrendous POC.

Really bad likeness, way too much hair, cheap body that has sausage limbs and does not match the skin tone of the face, no neck... the list goes on and on.

Okay now im feeling like a secret Star Ace employee trying to implement some subliminal messages on this forum :rotfl

Were you too embarrassed to tell us you got her earlier or was she so bad that you just didn't think she was worth mentioning?

I actually think she looks great, and I'd be more than happy with her if I got her. What they did with interweaving the sculpted and rooted hair is pretty fabulous. I think Star Ace is 2 for 2 with there two most recent female figures.

I want to pick this up but the only thing that stopping me is the price . If it was below 200 I would be more inclined but there’s to many other figures on my radar .

It was less embarrassed more underwhelmed and disappointed. But not disappointed like big chief disappointed where it linked to my general passion and I was vocal about it with this it was more “meh”.I did a body swap and it didn’t help to make me like it. I really wanted to like it it’s just I can’t see any Lena in this

I take my words back, head sculpt is ok.
It's just hidden under crappy paintjob.
Hair's workable so nothing bad there.

Now the body and hands... oh boy. Those are horrendous.
I'd gladly buy a bodyless kit for $120 but not the whole thing for $200+

From the review video, I think Gorgo looks better than the early prototype pics. The likeness is there a bit, but not quite perfect, more on the level of Hot Toys' ANH Luke sculpt. But I'm not liking how wide the opening of the neck is and how it gaps from certain angles.

It's also just too expensive for me.

tried my damnedest to get this looking good. repainted her facial features to try and bring out likeness. thinned about half of the hair out and treated it with product.

put her on an Ada... skin toes don't match but its way better than the sausage limbed shiny rubber junk it came on (which din't match her face either). I may try ad give her a different boob torso but all of the HT ones are a bit too busty. This is a bit flat.

She will go eventually, as soon as 'm in the mood to thin out the heard.

Because she's not good I decided I won't track down the immortal that was offered third party. Leonidas will be stronger on his own as he was before.

Now the head looks MUCH better! You did it justice. :)
Why can't it look like that when you open the box? We may never know...

Back