1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to be kidding me. Well, there goes my idea to do a custom Sarah Connor from TSCC. I usually shake my head when people say it looks nothing like so and so. But in this case it fits.

Agree with the comments. Coincidentally, its like the NECA Queen Goro figure that came out, which is s great looking figure that unfortunately does not look like the actress.

However, out of the string of prototypes Star Ace has released in the last year (apart from 1-2 Harry Potter figures), this looks like the best looking one they've made in quite some time.

As already mentioned, it’s a fairly nice representation of a Hollywood-style Spartan woman, but where’s Lena Headey in that sculpt? Features look too soft, for one. Jeez, who’s sculpting their female HS lately? Stevie Wonder?

I don't understand that there are many talented sculptors doing amazing customs
yet some of the sculptors working for actual companies are not that great

I don't understand that there are many talented sculptors doing amazing customs
yet some of the sculptors working for actual companies are not that great

Sometimes a licensor, whether that's the licensor of the movie, the actor's likeness license, or both request unreasonable changes to merchandise because of vanity or poor judgement. That's the reason Sideshow never made a Daniel Craig Bond.
It's known that Sideshow had a request from Sarah Michelle Gellar to change her Buffy Sixth Scale sculpt because she thought it looked inaccurate. Sideshow said the head was actually produced from a digital scan of the actress herself so it was originally 100% accurate but had to be changed due to the request from Gellar who was the licensor of her own likeness and Sideshow had to appease.

Completely unrecognisable as Lena Heady. Has Star Ace even produced a decent female sculpt since the original Hermione?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I just got the Star Ace Leo and can someone tell me is there no side to side motion in the elbow joint? Is it just up and down? Or perhaps mine just has very restrictive joints.

Hey guys, I just got the Star Ace Leo and can someone tell me is there no side to side motion in the elbow joint? Is it just up and down? Or perhaps mine just has very restrictive joints.

Have you watched a review where they work the articulation?

Screenshot_20171208-190256.jpg

O my goodness, the horror.....

A couple better shots of the HS would be great. From your pic, I’m still not seeing much of Lena. As a “generic” movie-based Spartan Queen, I like the outfit.

Back