1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe it's a dumb question but

why there is no 1/6 tape with my sideshow's snake plissken ?

I need to take some better shots but I built myself an Escape From LA Snake.
He still needs a few upgrades but I'm content for the moment.
IMG_20150415_154947.jpg
IMG_20150415_154951.jpg
IMG_20150415_154955.jpg

very cool repaint :)
whished i could afford Raymond services right now.

Finally got mine at a decent price.
I was really scared that it would look like **** right outside of the box but i found it pretty cool.
Even the HS paint wich looked really bad in some pics, was ok.
I might consider a repaint down the line but for now im good, maybe i will change the eye position but im a bit scared to do that (even if i opened the head already to see how it could be done).
All the accessories plastic feel cheap especially the pouches.

My biggest complain is the jacket, its almost perfect but they ****ed up the tailoring on the right side.
With fitzing it works ok but really annoying that they failed at the last minute on such important thing.
I reversed the jacket and cut some of the exess fabric there and there, especially around the kuffs, looks less puffy around the hands. I also glued parts of the collar, lapels and the thightening straps in the back.
Looks much better already.

The only priority for me on this figure is weathering the jacket and pants, on a side note i think the jacket will weather on itself seeing how thin it is.

I did a test and swapped the body for a ttm19, wich is thinner than the original body.
Works pretty cool with Russel physique but the pants are a bit loose on the waist, and the jacket require more fitzing and rework. I hate the sideshow body forearms, but since i prefer the jacket on look i will keep using the original body.

In the end, after futzing and customizing a bit i think the figure look like a idealized version of Snake, almost a comic book version of it and i pretty much like it :)

Last edited:
Mine came in the mail today BUT at my house and I'm out of state for what was a family emergency. It all turned out ok. I'll be heading back in 3 days and really look forward to opening Snake and fixing him up a little starting right away

So I just opened Snake. Other than Mattels Ghostbusters which I also want to fix up, this is my first 1/6 scale from sideshow. I will probably go back and do some detailing eventually... So far

So I just opened Snake. Other than Mattels Ghostbusters which I also want to fix up, this is my first 1/6 scale from sideshow. I will probably go back and do some detailing eventually... So far I weathered his jacket. Out of box I like the figure but paint job and accessories aside I have 3 rants.

-knobs on the pouches break... I'll remedy it easily but it's annoying

- body is stiff... I won't drop the money to get a new one because he will only ever be displayed in my detolf. On rare occasion I'll repose but not enough to merit the extra expense.

- The Jacket - my biggest disappointment. So while weathering I was dumb and I lost one of the sleeve cuff buttons. It's dark now, I'll look again tomorrow morning but this made me made immediately when I noticed it fell off. Might be a lost cause. My bigger issue... I like how I've weathered it. Especially after the reviews I read of how cheap the jacket was, how stiff the joints were I SLOWLY worked the jacket back on Snake. While doing so, moving the jacket and arms together the seam plus a bit more tore at the armpit of the left side. So disappointing because I wasn't forcing anything and moved very slowly as to not have anything happen. It'll be hidden while displayed but I'm not thrilled about it.

Overall I'm glad I have a Snake but I'm not glad what I paid for it... Should have waited for a sale. Sigh

Thanks Lee :)

One thing iwould add about the figure is that the pants make it impossible to have any real dynamic pose.
Wich is a bit of a shame.
Also they could have done the boots (wich are beautiful) in two parts.

I would like to try weathering the jacket myself but save for the sandpaper i have no idea what else to do, especially the color. Would be cool if someone made a specifi tutorial for that or maybe for the eye thing.
After watching the movie i realized that the pants dont need any real work as they are pretty clean on screen.

OMG.

1) Ray is a genius (seriously Ray – WOW! [and thanks!] )

2) Apologies for the crappy pics – I’ve included pics WITH and WITHOUT flash because courtesy of an ancient “point-and-shoot” camera & a dodgy (15 year-old) monitor I have no way of assessing how BAD these will look to the rest of you).

Rays%20Plissken%204752%20no%20flash_zpsnojv0riv.jpg

Rays%20Plissken%204753%20no%20flash_zpss9gi7blv.jpg

Rays%20Plissken%204755%20flash_zpslmr8qdtq.jpg

Rays%20Plissken%204756%20flash_zps6ehmkbuy.jpg

Back