1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know the new Sideshow site had reviews!

2015-03-28%20One%20does%20not%20simply%20Sideshow_zps7u9xh43q.jpg

David Cortez' review was so positive, they posted it twice.

Finally in hand after a long delay, happy enough! Camera flash is not this figure's friend, other than that I'm happy to display him out of the box.

Finally in hand after a long delay, happy enough! Camera flash is not this figure's friend, other than that I'm happy to display him out of the box.

That would be the ultimate insult for a collectible: "I wouldn't even display this IN the box".
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

So, I got my head/jacket back today from Raymond, and they look GREAT..:)...Now Im focusing on the weapons again...Has anyone decided to repaint the guns?...I need some paint color ideas for the MAC and probably the pistol too...thanks...

Matt

Finally got Snake Plissken finished.
• Repainted head. My first head paint. Cocked this up a bit but hey ho, looks ok from a distance.
• Weathered jacket, guns and accessories
• Repainted revolver gun with Alclad chrome
• Repainted steel on boots with Alclad chrome
• Created new base
Some pics. Let me know what you think..._MG_8985.jpg_MG_9015.jpgView attachment 178905View attachment 178905

Attachments

• _MG_9010.jpg
    _MG_9010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 480
  • _MG_9009.jpg
    _MG_9009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 474
  • _MG_9003.jpg
    _MG_9003.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 465
  • _MG_9000.jpg
    _MG_9000.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 466
  • _MG_8998.jpg
    _MG_8998.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 474
  • _MG_9022.jpg
    _MG_9022.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 470
  • _MG_8997.jpg
    _MG_8997.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 484
  • _MG_9016.jpg
    _MG_9016.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 471
  • _MG_9011.jpg
    _MG_9011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 484
Well I sold off some old stuff and had some extra cash so I picked him up today and I hope to get him within a week.

Touch up the face, weather the jacket... What else would those of you who fixed Snake up say are MUST improvements to make this guy better?

Great repaint! The base looks killer too.

I gave the pants a tea bath, I didn't like how clean they looked.

I just need to dry brush lighter highlight in the hair and add some dirt to the boots and I will be very happy with my Snake.

Thanks man. Not etched. Did it myself Mark. Printed the logo onto a metallic paper and stuck on top of T800 plate with double sided tape.

Thanks for comment. 80% happy with face paint. At close scrutiny you can see flaws, hey ho. I'm hoping a spot on custom sculpt will come on the market.

Well I sold off some old stuff and had some extra cash so I picked him up today and I hope to get him within a week.

Touch up the face, weather the jacket... What else would those of you who fixed Snake up say are MUST improvements to make this guy better?

I'd say definite hair repaint, custom weather jacket (thats easy, sandpaper, don't even need to dry brush). After I sandpapered I sprayed with Citadel Ardcote to get a bit of the leather sheen back. And (if ur confident) redefine some of the face details. I went for a full repaint but ultimately u don't have too.

I'd say definite hair repaint, custom weather jacket (thats easy, sandpaper, don't even need to dry brush). After I sandpapered I sprayed with Citadel Ardcote to get a bit of the leather sheen back. And (if ur confident) redefine some of the face details. I went for a full repaint but ultimately u don't have too.

Yeah I was going to determine the whole head repaint once he was in hand.

I like the idea of the tea bath for the pants so I'll probably do that as well.

Back