1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still sticking with this one and will see what needs to be done

I dont want to sound optimistic or in denial but that could be one of the rejects at the factory the paint looks so shinny and the photos we've seen the figure doesn't look that way. What is up with that lower eye lashes.

I hope you are right, cause there's a lot of mold seams that are just awful and the paint is.. yeah bad.
HAIR SEAM - Not the worst but it's the head so i don't want it there and no comment on the eyebrow/eyelash lol.
seam paint.jpg
BUTTON - Really, you couldnt put the paint in the right place.. Really?
button.jpg

^ The hair looks like cake icing.

This thread is wonderfully hyperbolic, more so than even some of the best Batman or Darth Vader threads :lol

No it's not - not by a LONG shot. :lol

You could make a decent custom out of this, but yeah - lots of ****ing around.

First item of business - pop the head off & put it back in the box.

I think this example 'escaped' from the factory and was painted by partially trained monkeys in an attempt to make a killing on Ebay.

See the red paint that didn't quite hit where it was supposed to for that button? It's a perfect circle. Meaning it was applied using a mask.

Odds are this did come from the factory.

See the red paint that didn't quite hit where it was supposed to for that button? It's a perfect circle. Meaning it was applied using a mask.

Odds are this did come from the factory.

Check the snake head and the tail. Also misprint. So while it is factory made, IF the quality control is good, it could be a reject.
Or they just don't care :huh
snake head.jpg

My god, look at the flesh color variation. Give up, Sideshow...just let the inevitable happen and become a distributor for other companies that give a damn about releasing quality products.

Perhaps this came from one of the striking dock workers. At those prices, he's being held for ransom. Hilarious...

I hope you are right, cause theres a lot of mold seams that are just awful and the paint is.. yeah bad.
HAIR SEAM - Not the worst but it's the head so i don't want it there and no comment on the eyebrow/eyelash lol.
View attachment 157312
BUTTON - Really, you couldnt put the paint in the right place.. Really?
View attachment 157311

The seam is horrendous. And his "facial hair" looks like skin cancer.

To put another perspective on this, imagine If you were to try and kitbash this figure with all its accessories. You'd damn sure end up spending in excess of $150 and it wouldn't look half as good. I was looking on here at the custom John McClane that their asking $250 for something that's essentially a headsculpt and a couple of bits of clothing. People need to get a grip, at least until they have the figure in hand.

If this figure comes with that hair seam it will be the biggest insult ever. Promoting themselves as high end collectibles company and delivering a figure that looks mass produced and not detailed will be unacceptable.

Sad thing is I've had this figure on Flexpay with 1 payment left to go so I'm pretty much stuck with getting this atrocity now. I might have to return it to Sideshow after I get it and just eat the shipping since it will be far less than the administrative cancellation fees.

Sad thing is I've had this figure on Flexpay with 1 payment left to go so I'm pretty much stuck with getting this atrocity now. I might have to return it to Sideshow after I get it and just eat the shipping since it will be far less than the administrative cancellation fees.

Sideshow has stated the if you wish to cancel due to delay they can make a return without charging the fees. Call them or chat

I was saying what do you expect for $160 but in all fairness its much worse then that. I know we've been spoiled with hot toys but in all seriousness sideshow is a partner with hot toys and shouldn't be releasing junk like this. I've seen better paintjobs on $15 dollar figures.

Those are probably the least flattering photos you could take of the figure... not saying he's HT quality, but I think the video reviews are more indicative of what we'll get in-hand. Not something as washed-out looking as this picture.

Some positives is the eye plate is at least sitting flush and I'm not seeing any distortion to the shape of the face. I don't care for the eye decal they are using; it's pretty cheesey looking upon super-zoom; but likely in hand it will look better.

Back