1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not doubting that, but HT are going for $100 more than this. You get what you pay for.

You can't be trying to say that $160 is worth it for this?
Or that this kind of quality is par for the price? Look at what Soldier Story/Dam Toys/etc put out for less than this and then tell me that this is a decent effort for the price...

Not to defend the figure but if it's any consolation, I see something workable in that Plissken. Sideshow's 1/6 offering tends to feature great sculpt ruined by flat paint apps. Remember this? :yuck

13.jpg

For a sideshow figure,this could have been worse.It holds the same standard as HT years agoo around that time that Ivan Drago was made.Allthough the Rocky IV figure is among my favourites,the paint apps doesn't hold up against today's standards.

Im keeping it because i used my reward points on it which is non-refundable.I only pay for shipping and import fees.

Hot Toys is far from fallible. This is what $160 got you.

I must break you, derp!!

PACOMAN0066.jpg

Yeah but what year was that? 2006. I mean look at the quality of ripley from back then also.
images

That's not the point really though because that was 10 years ago. Things have moved on. Production techniques and quality has moved on and expectations are much higher as a result and rightfully so. The snake figure looks like something released around 10 years ago.

Last edited:
You can't be trying to say that $160 is worth it for this?
Or that this kind of quality is par for the price? Look at what Soldier Story/Dam Toys/etc put out for less than this and then tell me that this is a decent effort for the price...

I'm not defending it, but obviously you get more bang for your buck with HT. This shouldn't be anymore than $120.

The only one I can think of is the DX Vader Anakin sculpt. It ain't HT was it was very good. I remember thinking SSC turned it around with their sculpts and were looking forward to Luke and Han. Then Drake happened, and this stupid ****ing separate eye ka-ka. :lol

They did fine with Vader. Just, ya know, do that again. :lol

Yeah, I'm with you there. Vader and Malgus both look great, but they're also pasty scarred people, so it's unclear if that quality would have translated to normal skin tone. We'll never know since they started the stupid new eye system. The eyes on Anakin look fine too, still not sure what the problem they sought to fix was.

I *was* excited for this. Now with that head sculpt and brand new looking clothes, nope. And for $160. Nope. I'd rather pay $230 or so for a far superior Hot Toys version. Just my opinion and I am not knocking anyone else if they like the figure or think it's worth the $160.

the pic from instagram gives me a little hope that this figure at least will look good at the detolf, maybe if I cand find a good painter for less than a hundred i'll repaint it.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back