1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, those pics we're pretty disappointing. On a brighter note, you can break up the set and sell it for around $800 (according to Ebay seller)...

:lol

Definitely disappointing. But I'm sticking with my order. I'm pretty confident about getting it repainted now, obviously.

I dont want to sound optimistic or in denial but that could be one of the rejects at the factory the paint looks so shinny and the photos we've seen the figure doesn't look that way. What is up with that lower eye lashes.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you are in denial, lol.
All of the pics shown so far look like rejects from the factory...
If you actually believe that the rejects have *all* somehow gotten onto ebay(Or into the hands of reviewers), there's nothing any of us can tell you, lol.
:wink1:

yeah I know, now all my hope is gone !!!!!!! :thud:... Im not sure if I wanna cancel it yet something is telling my I will like it in hand, there's a gut feeiling plus that pic is way way to close no one is gonna watch this figure so close.

Yeah but you can blow up a million other figures and they look insanely amazing at 10 times the size.

The truth was always the same for this figure. Sideshow sucks, always did and always will :(

yeah I know, now all my hope is gone !!!!!!! :thud:... Im not sure if I wanna cancel it yet something is telling my I will like it in hand, there's a gut feeiling plus that pic is way way to close no one is gonna watch this figure so close.

It's a real shame.
We *all* wanted this one to be the one that they knocked right out of the park.
It should have been incredible.
But it's not.
And a real missed opportunity.

This figure LOOKS awful! Gonna spend my money else where.

Too bad too sad I couldnt add this Snake Plisskin to my collection.

this make me wanna cancel that Indy, Its a shame because I really wanted an Indy figure but I will not stand to a paint job like this on a figure that will cost almost as twice as this one. Plissken if you plan on having this repainted and it will not cost an eye PM please, I wanna have this figure in my collection and I know that like with all of sideshows figures a repaint will do justice to it.

Stumbled on it while browsing eBay. Still have it on preorder, but... I dunno. Quality really seems to be low-end.
This is the link to all the parts, good quality pictures there... But I warn you... It's bad.
Funny thing, jacket seems to be the least problematic, imho anyways:dunno
LINK
View attachment 157203

Jesus, did they use one of those Dolfie decals on his eye? WTF?!?!?

attachment.php

Snake Plisskin? More like Dirty Sanchez. :/

I was hoping to have my lack of faith proven wrong, and to then pick Snake up after release, but right now I have to say I'm pretty damn happy that I got cold feet and cancelled my original pre-order on this one months ago.

Alas my collection will sadly have to remain Snake free.

Snake Plisskin? More like Dirty Sanchez. :/

I was browsing this thread on my phone and thinking 'what's all the fuss about, it doesn't look too bad in these pics at all - about the same level as Hot Toys circa 2011' - then I opened the pics up on my laptop...

Dear god, that's abominable. Glad I waited for in-hand pics before making a decision on this. It's painful to be honest, I've waited years for someone - anyone - to do a decent figure of Plissken; Escape From New York is hands-down one of my favourite films ever - but this is so disappointing, and not worth the £110 in my estimation. I thought the prototype looked great, so this isn't a knock on the artists. Whatever went wrong here happened when things reached the mass production stage.

I think I'll just pick up the Funko ReAction version. It kind of works with the film's retro appeal :dunno

This thread is wonderfully hyperbolic, more so than even some of the best Batman or Darth Vader threads :lol

Back