1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually looks pretty good, just saw the full review and I'm not worried about how dark it looks but that particular figure looks too skinny. They could have used the batman body and add a skin colored chest and neck. From this I feel more confident.

The two-piece eye thing isn't working. Even in this case it doesn't look good with even one eye. SSC needs to abandon it and consider it a failed concept.

Face doesn't look like it has any Drake-like problems. But the paint app doesn't seem very detailed. I still don't know about this eye method. I have the Vader figure and the eyes are fine on that. Not sure what problem this new method is solving.
Granted this figure was priced $75 less, but seeing this the same day as Star-Lord, there's still a big difference in quality of paint apps on the head sculpts. Also the new head method still seems like it alters the original head sculpt a bit.

Face doesn't look like it has any Drake-like problems. But the paint app doesn't seem very detailed. I still don't know about this eye method. I have the Vader figure and the eyes are fine on that. Not sure what problem this new method is solving.
Granted this figure was priced $75 less, but seeing this the same day as Star-Lord, there's still a big difference in quality of paint apps on the head sculpts. Also the new head method still seems like it alters the original head sculpt a bit.

Will this figure actually look good once its in hand, the review almost made it seem like it was a prototype, also the couple in Da Bomb Show seem like nice people in real life, but their review seemed so biased because the figure was given to them. "The headsculpt is on par with other collectables in today's market" Hmmm well I don't think the headsculpt is on par with my Terminator BD T800 I received 2 weeks ago. So what market is she talking about, medicom?

The question I ask myself is do I want this considering its the only Plisskin we are getting prob. ever, and would I be ok with the paint apps. Still not sure, I think if I give myself some time to think it over I'll decide.

Snake looks like he turned out great!
Yeah, it's missing that subtle extra bit of skin color that elevates the realism to the highest level, but what's there looks more than acceptable.
The lack of weathering on the jacket is typical for 1/6 scale, most collectors would prefer to do it themselves than leave it to the factory which might go too far.
I have no complaints from what I've seen.
I can't wait to get this in hand!

Y'know, I can't blame these video reviewers, if Sideshow sent me free figures every month I would say they're amazing as well, but FFS the figure is clearly sub-par but talking about it as though it is some marvel of technical engineering is just ridiculous.

Actually, if Sideshow sent me a figure to review, I would call it like it is, but they likely wouldn't send me free stuff anymore.

I was hoping this figure would turn out great, but it's not. It's "okay". The headsculpt isn't awful, but it clearly lost detail, I can see the seamlines in the hair, the paintwork is not strong enough. Certainly not "on par with top manufacturers" as the reviewer stated. I was really hoping it would be a great figure, so all the complaining and endless Sideshow bashing would stop, but after all this time, it's hard to argue with it anymore.

Y'know, I can't blame these video reviewers, if Sideshow sent me free figures every month I would say they're amazing as well, but FFS the figure is clearly sub-par but talking about it as though it is some marvel of technical engineering is just ridiculous.

Actually, if Sideshow sent me a figure to review, I would call it like it is, but they likely wouldn't send me free stuff anymore.

I was hoping this figure would turn out great, but it's not. It's "okay". The headsculpt isn't awful, but it clearly lost detail, I can see the seamlines in the hair, the paintwork is not strong enough. Certainly not "on par with top manufacturers" as the reviewer stated. I was really hoping it would be a great figure, so all the complaining and endless Sideshow bashing would stop, but after all this time, it's hard to argue with it anymore.

Fair enough if you don't like the figure, but Wendy and Jason are genuine. They've been into 1/6th well before Hot Toys was a big player, and they have been collecting sideshow all along. They have a genuine love for Sideshow 1/6th products. So yeah, it's cool if you hate the figure but don't think Wendy and Jason are anything less than genuine in their opinions. They're legit.

This review illustrates clearly that this figure, while a quality item is just NOT on par with Hot Toys, EB, Iminime, Storm Toys's paint aps. More equal to Asmus and the like. I am still keeping my po for this, but I may cancel TOD. Indy if this what we can expect for paint aps. This is likely the only 1:6 Snake we will ever get.

Fair enough if you don't like the figure, but Wendy and Jason are genuine. They've been into 1/6th well before Hot Toys was a big player, and they have been collecting sideshow all along. They have a genuine love for Sideshow 1/6th products. So yeah, it's cool if you hate the figure but don't think Wendy and Jason are anything less than genuine in their opinions. They're legit.

I left it out, but I was going to say that they seem like people that I would actually hang out with, and seem down to earth. But there is a difference with that and being professional and their review feels fake and forced upon. I am only watching the review to get a grasp on what the figure looks like not how the people who make em are. And I don't let their opinion effect my judgement to buy this, but their statements are flat out delusional.

This review illustrates clearly that this figure, while a quality item is just NOT on par with Hot Toys, EB, Iminime, Storm Toys's paint aps. More equal to Asmus and the like. I am still keeping my po for this, but I may cancel TOD. Indy if this what we can expect for paint aps. This is likely the only 1:6 Snake we will ever get.

Exactly man, I agree the only thing making me consider it is that it may be the only Snake we ever get. But for those out there that think that SS can compete with HT on their level are going to be disappointed they are still 5 years behind and not even close to Hot Toy's sculpts from 2009! Hot Han and Hoth Luke should really open some people's eyes in the coming months. Keep in mind that the piece they got was a promotional piece (whatever that means) the actual product will probably differ greatly.

I think it turned out quite well for a Sideshow piece. Their stuff has never been HT quality, and never will be. If they were able to crack that code, they would have done it by now. You shouldn't go to Sizzler expecting Kobe beef.

I think it turned out quite well for a Sideshow piece. Their stuff has never been HT quality, and never will be. If they were able to crack that code, they would have done it by now. You shouldn't go to Sizzler expecting Kobe beef.

No you are right but will you say the same thing for Red 5 X Wing pilot Luke? They are raising their prices should I expect higher expectations or just let them have a pass?

It's almost $100 cheaper than most Hot Toys figures.

Once again that works for this figure but future releases with higher prices coming out, the argument wont work any longer.

No you are right but will you say the same thing for Red 5 X Wing pilot Luke? They are raising their prices should I expect higher expectations or just let them have a pass?

The prices are irrelevant. I think it's pretty well proven at this point that Sideshow is simply incapable of producing that type of quality, no matter how much they raise their prices. You can expect HT quality all you want, but you'll be disappointed every time.

Back