1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People love to whine on here definitely, but let's leave it to when we actually know what were complaining about :lol

SSC is delaying everything from what I hear, Snake isn't no different.

I am fine with delays. For any reason. I'd certainly rather get a fully realised *perfect* product than a badly realised terrible product.

No, they didn't. The review hardly came to any judgment on the figure at all, mostly taking the opportunity to joke about the spider included.

Here's a quote

The figure looks better in Kotaku's review than it does in people's pics here on the forum.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Like i said bad review. Every figure looks awesome in the right light and every ugly one less ugly. The pics look better in that review but still the people knew how bad was the head.

I am fine with delays. For any reason. I'd certainly rather get a fully realised *perfect* product than a badly realised terrible product.

Well SSC seems to have a problem with production on quite of few releases, so Snake being delayed probably won't help the final product at all.

I think it's much more likely the factory they are using is causing the delays, bumping these smaller run products to the back of the line in favor of higher volume stuff that makes them more money.

It's a refreshing change. Every Christmas in the past, Sideshow shipped everything. 3-5 PO's charged at once is fun. :lol

I had two on the 5th, and I wanted to delay the other in preference to Snake... and Snake got delayed so it worked out. Speaking of multiple PO's, idiot me ordered multiple things that start getting charged in the coming months and made all of them the 5th... four at once in one month :pow

Although I was able to get the date changed on one of them, two or three at once isn't bad if you're not buying anything else at the time.

I had two on the 5th, and I wanted to delay the other in preference to Snake... and Snake got delayed so it worked out. Speaking of multiple PO's, idiot me ordered multiple things that start getting charged in the coming months and made all of them the 5th... four at once in one month :pow

Although I was able to get the date changed on one of them, two or three at once isn't bad if you're not buying anything else at the time.

Good to know they change dates I got 1 coming up that I need to change, how much of a heads up do you have to give them before they charge though?

I believe 48 hours minimum prior to charge.

:yess: I still have like a week but that's great that they can do that. BTW good luck on your payments, I feel your pain and get pressured into doing what you kinda did thinking things will either sell out or taking advantage of a limited discount :(

I have Marty on the 25th and that all the toy related things I have for this month. Next month will have Marty arkham batman and snake so for me is not cool when they change payments.

Well... the Snake body is likely the same one as Drake and it's a solid one... so proportions between it and the head should be fine. And, honestly looking at these screen grabs from the longer version of the review the paint work and eye placement on Superman is quite good. If Snake get's this kind of paint work we'll be in good shape.

068bfb1f-f278-4dde-b9b5-5a430c059ebe_zpsf6cec9c1.png

5fbcb0e2-f534-4518-bcdc-8a86ac6a1b7d_zps33dc386f.png

It's not the greatest figure... but honestly I think it's hard to make a realistic looking figure using a suit like that. But from what I can see the quality is all good, but the torso on Superman is just not big enough and that makes he head look bobbly.

But, the paint work looks good... and to me that's somewhat encouraging for Snake. But as we all know, we could get one figure that looks great, and then next one could be a Drake :lol

A touch dark... but 1/6 heads tend to run on the dark side. I'm just happy to see some actual tonal variations (pinks on the cheek, nose, chin) and a bit of the speckling we see from HT.

Back