1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, math makes sense to me. I'm indebted to you for that. :lol

Seriously, I enjoyed that movie. I'd love to have all three, but we all have limits, some of us more than most. My grandmother had a great saying: It's only a good deal if you'd have paid full price for it in the first place. I almost never remember that she said that, and it's to my detriment. We could all do better by knowing what we can afford, and sticking to it.

Glad to be of assistance... and you're grandmother's saying has a lot of wisdom to it. I definitely would not have bought the MOS figures at retail... but was more than happy to pay retail for the Christopher Reeve figure.

Actually, my first post there was an example of why the internet needs a breathalyzer. Waaaaaay too much wine at dinner last night. Joda was way off base with his post, but it was wrong of me to call him a fool. Sorry for any offense.

Woah. Don't be too hard on yourself. Much of that is me trying to lower my own expectations to avoid disappointment. Every time that I've called Sideshow and talked to someone, they've not been entirely helpful, so my experiences haven't been the greatest. So, not an opinion so much as my own personal experiences, talking. But even the best of us talk out of our ass sometimes, right? I didn't mean to offend anyone - I just think the "it's on it's way by boat" answer set me off, lol. :slap

Woah. Don't be too hard on yourself. Much of that is me trying to lower my own expectations to avoid disappointment. Every time that I've called Sideshow and talked to someone, they've not been entirely helpful, so my experiences haven't been the greatest. So, not an opinion so much as my own personal experiences, talking. But even the best of us talk out of our ass sometimes, right? I didn't mean to offend anyone - I just think the "it's on it's way by boat" answer set me off, lol. :slap

Whoa so much civil-ness around here :lol I took your response as like a dig at them too, but it makes sense when you think about it as lowering your expectations, its one of the reasons I haven't pre-ordered I don't know if I can take the disappointment on this figure honestly.

Whoa so much civil-ness around here :lol I took your response as like a dig at them too, but it makes sense when you think about it as lowering your expectations, its one of the reasons I haven't pre-ordered I don't know if I can take the disappointment on this figure honestly.

Dude - it's Snake Plissken. Snake! This may be our only shot! :pray: They can't screw it up. They just can't.

they are starting the hype of the release using as excuse the new mad max trailer by saying that mad would totally help snake escape from NY and putting a link to buy the figure.

Just got a status update via email from Forbidden Planet stating a delay until late January. Not fussed as Christmas has wiped me out this year!

they are starting the hype of the release using as excuse the new mad max trailer by saying that mad would totally help snake escape from NY and putting a link to buy the figure.

I want in hand pics now!! So a lot is riding on this figure, if it turns out great then we can expect the same for Indy.

I know that this is the eleventh hour but anybody thinking of cancelling? After being optimistic this past year I have a little worry that the only reason not seeing any pics is because its bad.

I know that this is the eleventh hour but anybody thinking of cancelling? After being optimistic this past year I have a little worry that the only reason not seeing any pics is because its bad.

Call it blind optimism, but I've got a feeling this one might turn out well. Sideshow were heavily criticised for Drake and they're bound to have taken that on board.

Call it blind optimism, but I've got a feeling this one might turn out well. Sideshow were heavily criticised for Drake and they're bound to have taken that on board.

A lot of talk is being thrown around about this figure and Hoth Han and Luke. I hope SS is trying to redeem themselves for that ugly ass Drake figure. And going forward with Indy they kinda have to or this may be the straw that broke the camels back for me and SS, sadly.

I made a joke(a jaded one) to my brother the other day, what if HT started shipping out SS figures like SS does for HT. But HT can't be making that much more money than SS to run them out of business. Right?

Still in for mine. Worse case either a repaint head sculpt or use one of the ones in the after market.

His kit they surely should have right as too his clothing. If jacket looks too new well more fun adding your own wear n tear and weathering to it I say ;)

Sideshow generally aren't in the habit of showing final production pics so I wouldn't read anything into not having them for this figure....

Reason for not seeing any pics is because the figure hasn't been released. :cuckoo:

Sideshow generally aren't in the habit of showing final production pics so I wouldn't read anything into not having them for this figure....
Reason for not seeing any pics is because the figure hasn't been released. :cuckoo:

Don't know if you guys saw that the Drake figure were ship to reviewers before it came out, Kotaku did a bad Review on it and that's how everybody knew how bad was the sculpt was. A month later I think sideshow started posting post-production pics for the 1/6 Batman, SW prequel doids and Empire Droid like one of those backstage pics Hot toys does and even made a blog entry showing photoshop pics so that's why I think the figure should have been seen by now.

Last edited:
Kotaku did a bad Review on it

No, they didn't. The review hardly came to any judgment on the figure at all, mostly taking the opportunity to joke about the spider included.

Here's a quote

As a Nathan Drake from Uncharted 3: Drakes On A Sandy Plain figure goes, this is one of the best you can get. The detail is amazing, the likeness strong — there is no mistaking this figure for anyone other than Naughty Dog's greatest adventuring hero.

The figure looks better in Kotaku's review than it does in people's pics here on the forum.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

You, my friend must be new here.:lol
There are people here still complaining about figures that were released years back.

People love to whine on here definitely, but let's leave it to when we actually know what were complaining about :lol

SSC is delaying everything from what I hear, Snake isn't no different.

Back