1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a madhouse at that board. :lol

I guess Snake's outfit alone is worth the price of admission. What am I saying, hell with you Sideshow if you screw this one up too! :mad:

Yeah I have no intention of buying any SSC figure outside of Snake right now, unless they do another cult movie.

Perhaps now that Doughnut Drake is out next up a Jowls Joel?:yess: SDCC Ex so bought.

kEYHUTx.jpg

well that is just one photo, there is a review from Kotaku and two diferent person posting pics.

And two people who can't take pictures... there is another set that looks better but have a bad angle. Not saying the sculpt hasn't been affected, because it had. But anytime you see a yellow picture or a flash picture just accept the photographer is not good and wait for better pics.

Meh, Drake is nothing character......

:lol :lol :lol

Hopefully Nathan Drake is the sacrificial lamb that ensures that the likes of Snake, Han and Luke won't get messed around with

I'd like to know where Raven got this from... yes, the sculpt has been changed to accept the eye system Sideshow is using, but the use of hyrdoshrink and hydrospan seems very unlikely to me.

What is this new eye system?

The head are now a 3 or so part item... you have a faceplate (with open sockets), eyes that insert behind the face plate and then the back of the head which is usually the hair.

The sculpt was definitely altered to make that happen, the original was a solid head. I don't know if it was altered more, or distorted when it was produced, but i find the idea they used hydroshrink unlikely given the resources available to them, nor do I think it would even be necessary to alter the head the way they did.

Been there.

Done that.

14410567596_206dd57cc1_o.jpg

:monkey3

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize they'd changed their process. So it's possible that this new method will suffer the problem that afflicts some of Hot Toys' PERS heads.

And it also means that Han, Luke and Snake will likely differ from the prototype sculpts to accommodate the separate eyes. Which seems to be a massive step backwards for a company that looked like it was finally getting things right.

Making it more complicated than it needed to be.

Making it more complicated than it needed to be.

I tend to agree... the new eyes do look good on most figures, but the placement has not always been good and I'd prefer just good paint work. I assume this is easier to mass produce, but the production needs to be tightened up.

Wolffe, Storm Shadow Assassin, V2 Cobra Commander (hooded head) and Catwoman. I think it can work fine, but it seems the opt for a dead center eye placement, when usually the top of the iris is hidden behind the lid and you can almost see the bottom of the iris.

I just found this image in the DC thread... not for the faint of hear, but gives you an idea of how it's done:

attachment.php

Back