1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've been going there for years. It tends to get buggy and pages don't load, but it's filled with so much content I've never seen before.

Nice, never seen those pics the cover was based on. Must be early mockups as he is wearing olive drab pants. His head looks gigantic on those. :lol

But yea, the rifle looks like a M16 with the barrel shroud removed and a revolver pistol grip. The scope looks to be a fake mockup.

Definitely early screen test or promotional pics. Along with the rifle, which never appears in the movie, and the olive drab pants, Snake has a tattoo on his arm, a different eye patch, some kind of billy club on his belt, and he appears to have different boots than those that he wears in the movie, as well.

That rifle even made it to BRD covers! :lol

italianefnybluray2ltd.jpg

canadianefnybluray.jpg

That's the best one for sure, thank you very much! :rock
The magazine looks bigger than the M16 ones... Plus there's some stuff on the side...
I'll ask around about what it could be.

Magazine looks like it probably holds .338. Would make sense as .338 Lapua Magnum is a common sniper round. Also, it was introduced in the 80s, so in 81 it would have looked suitably futuristic.

Last edited:
What'd you spend on the spare?
Do you plan to weather the jacket? I remember having so much fun doing the weathering.
Yeah, I wanted a spare jacket for weathering and spare boots to try make them articulated.
Second headsculpt will be a placeholder for EFLA figure that I want to make.
The rest I'll use for something else (MAC10 for MG1 Solid Snake, for example).

I like this figure and like the look with the jacket, I started the rework by weathering the jacket..it help a LOT in the final look of the figure in my personal opinion. I will repaint the HS and make a new belt with accessories. The weathering was done all by paint, I am not a big fan of using other methods that put "stress and wear" to the pleather material...we all know how these could react!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Weathering looks fantastic!! Don’t be afraid to scratch it up though! His jacket was in serious rough shape right in the beginning of the film even.

Has anyone tired using any of the newer seamless bodies for a swap? like the DAM Toys Vietnam Tet offensive body or anything?

I used a HT Billy Sole body on mine and it works really well. As this body is quite rare and expensive, i also tried a Coomodel muscular semi-body (B3006). That also looks good, although the articulation is not quite as good as the HT body. The skintone on both bodies are a perfect match, and the head and wrist pegs fit no problem. The boots are a different matter though, as the SS ball pegs are bigger than the typical HT ones.

Billy Sole body

snake2.jpg

Coomodel body

snake29.jpg

I used a HT Billy Sole body on mine and it works really well. As this body is quite rare and expensive, i also tried a Coomodel muscular semi-body (B3006). That also looks good, although the articulation is not quite as good as the HT body. The skintone on both bodies are a perfect match, and the head and wrist pegs fit no problem. The boots are a different matter though, as the SS ball pegs are bigger than the typical HT ones.

Billy Sole body

View attachment 402820

Coomodel body

View attachment 402821

Yeah I read up on your mods on OSW, that billy body does look good.. but neither of those bodies are readily available so I may have to try that damntoys one or a phicen.. I’m definitely doing your boot mod so he can at least stand straight ha!

From certain angles there is more Kurt than others. That's not to negate the work that went into it. It is better than stock.

Back