1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fully aware that what we'll be getting will not resemble the prototype, and it saddens me, but doesn't surprise me with SS's track record. I'm just tired of waiting.

Overall the figure is cool I might not get it repainted since a cool paint job cost up to $150 in this forums, there might some exceptions but if someone can do a cool paint job under $70 I might do it.

After watching the videos on this figure I had to cancel. The head reminded me of those old hasbro Joe heads, and that's not good. All one peice of molded plastic with a bad paint job.

After watching the videos on this figure I had to cancel. The head reminded me of those old hasbro Joe heads, and that's not good. All one peice of molded plastic with a bad paint job.

Yeah, same here. There is no excuse for something this expensive to come out looking like that. Seriously, airbrushed-looking facial hair? Hell, don't even compare it to HT; licensed or not, when you compare this to a modern military figure, with tons of often new and intricate gear, and much better sculpts on each release for the same price or less, there is no excuse for this.

I don't need one in hand all you have to do is watch that video. With over 200 1/6 figures, many of which cost around 150 dollars, lisenced and unlisenced, nothing I own looks that bad.

I'm not knocking it because it's not a hot toys product. I wouldn't expect it to look like a hot toys product but if you can't up your game you can't justifiably up your prices.

I'll rework the **** out of it and repaint it and hope someone actually does the character justice in the future but I shouldn't have to pay 150 plus for a situation like that

I'm surprised people are so negative about the sculpt. Looks fine in this review.
No, its not Hot Toys/Enterbay quality but its a $170 Sideshow figure..... its not embarrassing, I think its perfectly adequate and representative of what the prototype website pictures showed. I mean it was never going to look better than the prototype sales shots and somehow match Hot Toys.

Im still a little hype about getting this figure but if I feel disappointed when I get it, Im returning it and canceling Indy. The thing is we see a figure we like it but we say that SSC wont make it good, but in our hearts we don't wanna miss out on that figure and we gamble with SSC, we pre order thinking it will be good and then we say "ahh we knew it was gonna be bad". Comparing here is if Hot toys shows a figure we expect it should look like the prototype since that is the thing that they are selling and they deliver that exact thing. Sideshow shows a Hot Toys like figure and they deliver a badly painted figure, poorly assembled and very bad quality control ( looking at you Darth Vader). If your production company cannot replicate what you want to make you shouldn't use them in the first place. Sideshow hides behind the "final product may vary" and they they don't care if its good or not. I once talked to the one of the reps asking her about the Drake figure and that I was worried this one would suffer the same fate, all she said was "well if you are not happy with your purchase you can return it". seriously??? you charge $150 for a figure that looks like it cost $30 to make and they don't care about the customer or the licensing, Its like so here it is buy it dont like it dont buy it.

I'm surprised people are so negative about the sculpt. Looks fine in this review.
No, its not Hot Toys/Enterbay quality but its a $170 Sideshow figure..... its not embarrassing, I think its perfectly adequate and representative of what the prototype website pictures showed. I mean it was never going to look better than the prototype sales shots and somehow match Hot Toys.

SAB it doesn't look bad but the paint job its not the same as the prototype. I compare the textures of the prototype with a paint job like hot toys and the one that Da bomb show had looked like a poor quality retail mass produced figure. the pants to me look super streched on the waist and the shirt has a lot fray on the neck and this is by looking at a video.
Untitled-1.jpg

I think it's awfully hard to compare a screen capture from YouTube to a professional photograph... :dunno

Im still a little hype about getting this figure but if I feel disappointed when I get it, Im returning it and canceling Indy. The thing is we see a figure we like it but we say that SSC wont make it good, but in our hearts we don't wanna miss out on that figure and we gamble with SSC, we pre order thinking it will be good and then we say "ahh we knew it was gonna be bad". Comparing here is if Hot toys shows a figure we expect it should look like the prototype since that is the thing that they are selling and they deliver that exact thing. Sideshow shows a Hot Toys like figure and they deliver a badly painted figure, poorly assembled and very bad quality control ( looking at you Darth Vader). If your production company cannot replicate what you want to make you shouldn't use them in the first place. Sideshow hides behind the "final product may vary" and they they don't care if its good or not. I once talked to the one of the reps asking her about the Drake figure and that I was worried this one would suffer the same fate, all she said was "well if you are not happy with your purchase you can return it". seriously??? you charge $150 for a figure that looks like it cost $30 to make and they don't care about the customer or the licensing, Its like so here it is buy it dont like it dont buy it.

SAB it doesn't look bad but the paint job its not the same as the prototype. I compare the textures of the prototype with a paint job like hot toys and the one that Da bomb show had looked like a poor quality retail mass produced figure. the pants to me look super streched on the waist and the shirt has a lot fray on the neck and this is by looking at a video.
View attachment 153422

That looks very similar to me.
One is professionally lit and photographed at a chosen angle.
The other appears to be using flash photograph or harsh lighting, bouncing directly off the sculpt and washing out the details.
The prototype is obviously going to be better with any 1/6 product but these two pics are not a reason to despair....in my opinion at least....

Looks ******'n awesome to me ! I mean who else makes a Snake plissken figure with this much detail . I can't wait to get this !

I will give it the benefit of the doubt since I already paid three payments and canceling after all this time seemed with out checking it in hand is dumb. we still got this other screen grab that makes it look less bad.

10846343_10152885891116730_6710483289699314684_n.jpg

Why is that these other small time companies have better paint apps than SSC? I cant get my head around that. Any ideas?

The other, smaller companies seem to care more about wowing new customers, maintaining a high standard and putting out nicely done figures.
SSC doesn't seem to care about shonky QC and rubbish paint apps.

The other, smaller companies seem to care more about wowing new customers, maintaining a high standard and putting out nicely done figures.
SSC doesn't seem to care about shonky QC and rubbish paint apps.

Agreed. They know they'll eventually sell all those that were produced, no matter the quality...

Maybe... just maybe... ages from now... Hot Toys decide to do some more cult 80s classics and Snake is one of them... although the chance is nil.

Back