1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will still get it and take my time tweaking it. Might repaint it and change the pants to legging type material like the one spencer`s kit had.

Why is that these other small time companies have better paint apps than SSC? I cant get my head around that. Any ideas?

The main reason is that these "small time companies" are at the factory, and give instructions to the workers on how to paint. SSC is in America, so they're not there at the factory watching over the line on a daily basis.

If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that you get what you pay for,

Although sideshow challenges that continuously because you pay for it, but you don't get it with them...

Im really nervous about Indy, I want it to be like the photo. Like I said in an earlier post we gamble with SSC, there's a 80% chance it will be bad but that 20% and fear on missing out and paying scalper price is what make us pre-order.

I'm still on the fence about this one. If it looks like the pictures so far, I'll be disappointed, and want to return it. I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle or should I just cancel it.

Who here has returned something to Sideshow before because of quality? Have they given you any trouble?

what i don't get is why these guys that have them in hand don't take some decent pics? the shabby lit videos do these no justice at all? so why not take a few decent shots of the figure and post them? not saying you have to pull out the nikon d5300 and setup your display for full on pro shots, but something other than crap videos! even some decent iphone pix would suffice.

I don't need one in hand all you have to do is watch that video. With over 200 1/6 figures, many of which cost around 150 dollars, lisenced and unlisenced, nothing I own looks that bad.

I'm not knocking it because it's not a hot toys product. I wouldn't expect it to look like a hot toys product but if you can't up your game you can't justifiably up your prices.

I'll rework the **** out of it and repaint it and hope someone actually does the character justice in the future but I shouldn't have to pay 150 plus for a situation like that

I agree with you 100% same thing happened to me with the Raiders Indy but I would of thought that SS would be different by now, here I've quoted on the TOD Indy thread on why SS paint apps are still bad:

Something to keep in mind. . . the Chinese do not respect foreigners. . . or at the very least, the Chinese factory owners will NOT give foreign manufacturers the same quality they give their fellow Chinese manufacturers.

At my current job, part of our product line is display packaging and our buyer deals with China frequently, I've talked with him about it. He backs up what I've long suspected, that the factories are actively trying to screw you over. You ask the factory to send you a sample, and it's great, then you pay them thousands for the production and the product falls apart when you get it. I've read in other entrepreneur forums, and how to deal with China, and it's expected to haggle back and forth, and just walk away and make the factory chase after you to make the deal. Too many small US companies are begging to get their stuff made in China, and the factories are taking advantage. Budget Stark said it in one of his videos, the Chinese are racist. They just won't give foreigners the same quality.

I hate to see the prices Sideshow is charging now, and I won't pay it, I would if there were more accessories or if I felt there was some value there, but I understand what they go through as far as manufacturing goes. My experience tells me that even if Sideshow went to DID's factory or Hot Toys' factory, the resulting product wouldn't be of equivalent quality. I will anxiously await Rook's photos of Hoth Han, but I'll be amazed if Sideshow can match a Chinese manufacturer's quality. It will certainly be a first.

Something to think about and consider.

That sucks that Sideshow ends up getting all these fan requested cult licenses, and then make awesome prototypes, only for the final figure to come out lackluster because of racist overseas manufacturers who decide to sabotage the product.

what i don't get is why these guys that have them in hand don't take some decent pics? the shabby lit videos do these no justice at all? so why not take a few decent shots of the figure and post them? not saying you have to pull out the nikon d5300 and setup your display for full on pro shots, but something other than crap videos! even some decent iphone pix would suffice.

My question is why send it to them in the first place. Why send a figure to people that don't do good reviews or have them clouded on their real opinions by getting a free figure.

Someone should get a job at Sideshow and intentionally request that they be stationed overseas, just so they can visit the manufacturing plant on a day to day basis and tell the workers what to do and what not to do.

Someone should get a job at Sideshow and intentionally request that they be stationed overseas, just so they can visit the manufacturing plant on a day to day basis and tell the workers what to do and what not to do.

Something right? I mean that or charges us those higher prices to have them manufactured here, or India. Is China the only factory in town that can paint good figures or what?

My question is why send it to them in the first place. Why send a figure to people that don't do good reviews or have them clouded on their real opinions by getting a free figure.

You just answered your own question, they want puppets believe it or not, that's why Michael Crawford doesn't get any free figures he's too honest for their tastes. And they are in the business to make money not have tasteful reviews based on their work.

Definitely expect Beetlejuice, Ash and Indy to have paint apps flat as ****.

Yeah did you see Hoth Hand and Luke at Toy Soul, I don't know. Its a shame cause SS has everything else going on a good website, good customer service. Damn Shame. Beetlejuice at least is pale and wont come out tanned like a hot toys figure. :lol

Back