1:6 SSC GI Joe Ninja Viper (ComicCon Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cotswold put in one of their newsletters that they thought SS copied them by making a Red Ninja since Cotswold had a exclusive Red Ignite Ninja.

Tards. I guess they've never read a GI Joe comic before. I mean its not like they have the exclusive rights to ninja figures :cuckoo:

Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons a New pants pattern and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!

Cool! Thanks for the insight! Never hesitate to keep dropping in like that! We always love to see what the thought process is on these.

I like it ! I won't be able to attend comic con. So i hope that they will also put it on there site to order like they did with Crimson Cobra Commander.:pray:

Yeah, they will have non-attendee orders as always.

I'm not sure if I like the fact that SS is taking it upon themselves to update classic Joe characters in whatever THEY like. Do you think OD green would have been the top choice had they put up a poll saying "Hey we're going to make a Ninja Viper, what color would You the fans want?" We are paying for these, why not do something we want to buy? If the poll had Teal, Black, and heaven forbid, Cobra Blue on it, along with OD Green, I seriously doubt OD green would have gotten ANY votes. I would venture to guess that most of us love Joes because either we had them as kids or grew up watching the cartoon or reading the comic book or any combination of those. I'm all for the added gear but when they start changing the colors of the characters we all love, its just not that character anymore to me. Sure there is rit dye but we shouldnt have to Fix every character they do! Look at all the other threads for each character, people are doing ALOT of work to get the character to look original(repainting heads, fixing gear color, updating bodies, etc)!

I do like the fact that they are dipping into mailaway figures as SDCC exclusives rather than just making something Crimson but tell me this, would you rather have another ninja repaint with a new head or a more creative repaint like a Starduster or Steelbrigade using multiple characters clothing repainted in accurate colors? I would wager money that Starduster/Steelbrigade would be instant sell outs and huge fan favorites, possibly even grail status in peoples collections!

Hey, if you don't like it, don't order it. Its not Sideshow's job to remake the same figure you had as a kid. They are doing a more realistic take on them. Think of Sideshow's GI Joe line as Nolan's Batman.

Hey, if you don't like it, don't order it. Its not Sideshow's job to remake the same figure you had as a kid. They are doing a more realistic take on them. Think of Sideshow's GI Joe line as Nolan's Batman.

Your absolutely right, and I will not be getting this one. But as for a more realistic take, i have to disagree, when was the last time you seen an EVIL NINJA in military OD green?

Nolan's Batman... I like it! :clap

... the New slightly gritty, more Real-World Military take is exactly what HASBRO asked us to do... See the original "Inside Look" or "Promo Trailer" video for a more in-depth look

:lol Feel free to pass that along at the office then. Because that is definately the feel I get from Sideshow's take on GI Joe. Keeping key character elements, but trying to keep them realistic at the same time :rock

... the New slightly gritty, more Real-World Military take is exactly what HASBRO asked us to do... See the original "Inside Look" or "Promo Trailer" video for a more in-depth look

Tuesday seems so far away...can you give a hint on his new weapons, or at least one? :lol

Better look at the head sculpt.

28gy2va.jpg

Ninja Viper Pants have a NEW pattern for increased stealthy Ninja type actions :wink1:

Thanks!!

I'm all for their creativity, as long as the original look can be obtained. (Duke, Beachhead, Flint, Storm Shadow, Cobra Troopers).

Ninja looks freaking badass! Love the take on this character and will be ordering this for sure. Can't wait!!

Well if you consider an OD green Ninja conforming to "... the New slightly gritty, more Real-World Military take" then I have serious doubts about this line. That line works for updating Joes but not for certain Cobras. I'm sorry but I don't buy stuff just because its a SDCC exclusive, I buy what I like. To me this is a useless repaint dressed up by a fancy "SDCC EXCLUSIVE" sticker and a popular name to the Joe collectors. Put the same figure in a Dark Blue color like the Cobra Viper and you have a new take on an old character without any military reference. SS knows anything they slap a SDCC Excl sticker on is going to sell even if it is a turd, this is a slap in the face to Joe collectors. I wish this would have been revealed before Joecon, so I could have asked Hasbro people what they thought of it. Look at all the Storm Shadow and other Cobra Ninja figures Hasbro has made over the last 30 years, there probably a reason NONE of them are OD Green. And yes I know they've done other Cobra troops in OD green but thats a whole different story.

I like it.
I'd prefer a black ninja, but this one looks interesting.
I'm curious to see how SSC modified the pants, I'll be waiting to modify my reds after I examine this one.

Gotta love these safe choices from Sideshow. Hope they blow us away with some of the others in the line. How about a new body and a RoadBlock or a Gungho:dunno

Last edited:
SDCC figures have always been pretty much repaints of a previous figure.

small_studios, did you have a falling out with Sideshow or something? You've pretty much slammed all their offerings recently. . .

New weapons might make this a must have, even though I already have 3 red ninjas. :lol

Wow Prog, 3? I am shocked Mr. McDuck! :wink1: Also with the hood open like that I am getting a Nunchuk vibe.

nunchuk.jpg

Gotta love these safe choices from Sideshow. Hope they blow us away with some of the others in the line. How about a new body and a RoadBlock or a Gungho:dunno

But that's not what a SDCC exclusive is all about. Repaints and new decos, right?

SDCC figures have always been pretty much repaints of a previous figure.

small_studios, did you have a falling out with Sideshow or something? You've pretty much slammed all their offerings recently. . .

You said it 'Face, I am sensing something behind all of the slight piss and vinegar aroma from Small Studios.

Back