1:6 SSC GI Joe Ninja Viper (ComicCon Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the difference between Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja as far as weapons (other than the swords), I am looking forward to seeing what they give The Ninja Viper. And I am fully expecting some more variation.

Edit - See? I was right.

Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!

Awesome news.

Make his pant legs 2 inches longer too, please :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'll prolly pass on this one, would have preferred Teal Ninja Viper or black for Ninja Ku. OD green for an evil ninja doesn't seem right, save the OD for joes!

Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!

Hell yeah!

Man, I love the fact that a SSC VIP always comes into the Joe threads and gives us an inside scoop on things. I mainly go to the Joe, LOTR, and Marvel forums, but this is the only forum I've seen Show_Hooligan come to and give us inside scoops.

I'll prolly pass on this one, would have preferred Teal Ninja Viper or black for Ninja Ku. OD green for an evil ninja doesn't seem right, save the OD for joes!

It's an upgrade that makes sense to me. But if you'd rather, $2 for vintage accuracy:

teal_1.png

https://www.ritdye.com/store/colors/teal

Nice to hear from an SSC VIP. I'm excited for this now--if they can make the pants less restrictive to poses, then I'm all in for this one.

Cotswold put in one of their newsletters that they thought SS copied them by making a Red Ninja since Cotswold had a exclusive Red Ignite Ninja.

Ah, I see. Well that's...gay.

The Ninja / Storm Shadow hands can't hold ****

Wow, I guess I got one of the good ones. I haven't had any problems with either one of those figures being able to hold their accessories. :dunno

if he comes with the exact same weapons as Red Ninja I may skip this one...

Really? I don't mean to be a the Josh but the Red Ninja comes with enough gear that you can't have all of it displayed!

Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons a New pants pattern and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!

Thanks guys/gals at SSC, this is the perfect exclusive. Nice to see the JOE crew represent in the forum. :duff

Not what I wanted as an exc, but I guess it had to be some rehash of a figure already made, will still order it regardless.

Not what I wanted as an exc, but I guess it had to be some rehash of a figure already made, will still order it regardless.

Might help if you read other posts instead of jumping to the last page:
Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons a New pants pattern and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!

I like it ! I won't be able to attend comic con. So i hope that they will also put it on there site to order like they did with Crimson Cobra Commander.:pray:

I'm not sure if I like the fact that SS is taking it upon themselves to update classic Joe characters in whatever THEY like. Do you think OD green would have been the top choice had they put up a poll saying "Hey we're going to make a Ninja Viper, what color would You the fans want?" We are paying for these, why not do something we want to buy? If the poll had Teal, Black, and heaven forbid, Cobra Blue on it, along with OD Green, I seriously doubt OD green would have gotten ANY votes. I would venture to guess that most of us love Joes because either we had them as kids or grew up watching the cartoon or reading the comic book or any combination of those. I'm all for the added gear but when they start changing the colors of the characters we all love, its just not that character anymore to me. Sure there is rit dye but we shouldnt have to Fix every character they do! Look at all the other threads for each character, people are doing ALOT of work to get the character to look original(repainting heads, fixing gear color, updating bodies, etc)!

I do like the fact that they are dipping into mailaway figures as SDCC exclusives rather than just making something Crimson but tell me this, would you rather have another ninja repaint with a new head or a more creative repaint like a Starduster or Steelbrigade using multiple characters clothing repainted in accurate colors? I would wager money that Starduster/Steelbrigade would be instant sell outs and huge fan favorites, possibly even grail status in peoples collections!

Back