1:6 SSC GI Joe Ninja Viper (ComicCon Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yea, it was in their monthly newletter that solicited the Cobra Red Ninja for the first time. I might have it somewhere. It made me chuckle a bit.

What's next?

Is IGNITE, CRAZY OWNER, CRAZY DUMMY, or whatever name that owner or collective is going by going to claim the SDCC GI JOE Ninja Viper copied their "green" ninja?

It's one thing when actual/physical/tangible design/mold/etc. is deliberately copied/bootlegged/stolen, but seriously . . . Cotswold posted/said that?

That's just . . . silly . . . but hey . . . whatever.

a rehash of the red ninja? looks like i will be buying the same figure twice!

:clap:clap:clap Score 1 for illiteracy! :D:nana:

What's next?

Is IGNITE, CRAZY OWNER, CRAZY DUMMY, or whatever name that owner or collective is going by going to claim the SDCC GI JOE Ninja Viper copied their "green" ninja?

It's one thing when actual/physical/tangible design/mold/etc. is deliberately copied/bootlegged/stolen, but seriously . . . Cotswold posted/said that?

That's just . . . silly . . . but hey . . . whatever.

It was more pathetic than anything.

250px-malibu_stacy.jpg

Ninja Viper Pants have a NEW pattern for increased stealthy Ninja type actions :wink1:

So the red dye WILL be necessary! Great news and everybody stay the HELL away from toyanxiety until I cop a spare pair!

:)

I'm not sure if I like the fact that SS is taking it upon themselves to update classic Joe characters in whatever THEY like. Do you think OD green would have been the top choice had they put up a poll saying "Hey we're going to make a Ninja Viper, what color would You the fans want?" We are paying for these, why not do something we want to buy? If the poll had Teal, Black, and heaven forbid, Cobra Blue on it, along with OD Green, I seriously doubt OD green would have gotten ANY votes. I would venture to guess that most of us love Joes because either we had them as kids or grew up watching the cartoon or reading the comic book or any combination of those. I'm all for the added gear but when they start changing the colors of the characters we all love, its just not that character anymore to me. Sure there is rit dye but we shouldnt have to Fix every character they do! Look at all the other threads for each character, people are doing ALOT of work to get the character to look original(repainting heads, fixing gear color, updating bodies, etc)!

I do like the fact that they are dipping into mailaway figures as SDCC exclusives rather than just making something Crimson but tell me this, would you rather have another ninja repaint with a new head or a more creative repaint like a Starduster or Steelbrigade using multiple characters clothing repainted in accurate colors? I would wager money that Starduster/Steelbrigade would be instant sell outs and huge fan favorites, possibly even grail status in peoples collections!

The GI Joe Nazis have laid down their swastikas. The Reich died. Please let it rest in peace.

Nolan's Batman... I like it! :clap

... the New slightly gritty, more Real-World Military take is exactly what HASBRO asked us to do... See the original "Inside Look" or "Promo Trailer" video for a more in-depth look

It hurts and offends me that you have to post defensive messages like this because of GI Joe NeoNazis.

DOWN WITH THE 5TH Reich!

:)

Insider Scoop

-Look for this Cobra Ninja Viper to be just that... a Separate and unique offering... New Sculpt, Some cool New weapons a New pants pattern and the Ninja Viper Headgear... this is the Sideshow version of the Hasbro Classic (we thought a more subdued military green would add a little "Tacti-Coolness" for our more Real-World interpretation of the Classic in Teal)

Enjoy!
:yess:

I can dig it :cool:

are the Ratchet knees gone for good yet?

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:
small_studios, did you have a falling out with Sideshow or something? You've pretty much slammed all their offerings recently. . .

I've noticed that too. Must be some bad blodd there.

Wow Prog, 3? I am shocked Mr. McDuck! :wink1: Also with the hood open like that I am getting a Nunchuk vibe.

:lol Only because I was able to complete 2 and 3 for about $60-$70 each through TA.

I'm still too cheap to buy Duke, so I'm the same old Scrooge, don't you worry! :rotfl

TA may get 1 or 2 of these greenies, but I wouldn't count on them to get the spare set of pants.

:lol Only because I was able to complete 2 and 3 for about $60-$70 each through TA.

I'm still too cheap to buy Duke.

TA may get 1 or 2 of these, but I wouldn't count on them to get a spare set of pants.

Did you say something? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome my Elite Duke is.

Huh? I didn't see what you posted because my Rockies season tickets are blinding me. :lol

Oh yeah, that latest pic reminds me of what new weapons I hope he comes with. Claws for the win! A roll out ladder would be really dope too!

YOU KNOW . . .

All this discussion of ninja . . . NINJA VIPER . . . is reminding me of those "wonderful" ninja action films from the 80's . . . in particular . . . the AMERICAN NINJA series of films by CANNON GROUP INC/CANNON FILMS.

Before we know it . . . we'll have another forum sub-section dedicated to all things GI JOE RAH-ninja-ish.

:lol

YOU KNOW . . .

All this discussion of ninja . . . NINJA VIPER . . . is reminding me of those "wonderful" ninja action films from the 80's . . . in particular . . . the AMERICAN NINJA series of films by CANNON GROUP INC/CANNON FILMS.

Before we know it . . . we'll have another forum sub-section dedicated to all things GI JOE RAH-ninja-ish.

:lol

PSH! Sho Kosugi's films > all the other ninja crap from the 80's, including Dudacrap's. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Though he got his Jesus tat at the same place I got my tattoos... true story! :lecture

Sho Kosugi films have not held up well. Mainly because of the crappy American villians and such.

Well if you consider an OD green Ninja conforming to "... the New slightly gritty, more Real-World Military take" then I have serious doubts about this line. That line works for updating Joes but not for certain Cobras. I'm sorry but I don't buy stuff just because its a SDCC exclusive, I buy what I like. To me this is a useless repaint dressed up by a fancy "SDCC EXCLUSIVE" sticker and a popular name to the Joe collectors. Put the same figure in a Dark Blue color like the Cobra Viper and you have a new take on an old character without any military reference. SS knows anything they slap a SDCC Excl sticker on is going to sell even if it is a turd, this is a slap in the face to Joe collectors. I wish this would have been revealed before Joecon, so I could have asked Hasbro people what they thought of it. Look at all the Storm Shadow and other Cobra Ninja figures Hasbro has made over the last 30 years, there probably a reason NONE of them are OD Green. And yes I know they've done other Cobra troops in OD green but thats a whole different story.

I respect your opinion, and everyone marches to the beat of a different drummer and all, but that's pretty extreme. As devilof76 said, despite all the tongue in cheek b*tching and moaning about staying true to the RAH figures vs. updating them, I bet 99.99% of the fans of this line have no doubts about this line, and would argue that it's the best 1/6 line Sideshow has done.

Not bad. A white belt would be nice, but I do see that its black in the 25th anniversary card art.

rsvnh5.jpg
ninjaviper_large.jpg

ninjaviper2.jpg

I got out of Joe before this figure came out, so I had no idea that there was a Ninja Viper at all before this figure was announced. An Uzi? Yes, please. The claw is nice as well, but I'm hoping for those old school ninja climbing claws that were featured in all the 80's ninja movies.

Back