1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which kaiyodo is it? I take it the one massively offered on ebay isn't it.

Looked in this thread, but couldn't find a definitive answer. How hard is the mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been able to mod the head sculpt to properly be used with the face mask and dome? I really want a vader with a removable mask/helm (i.e. medicom v2.0) rather than having to swap heads.

I've looked around but didn't find anything except some comments on using magnets. If anyone has some info or a link I would appreciate it.

I believe there is info on that within this very thread. Basically, use putty to keep the dome somewhat attached and readjusting how the Anakin head sits within the neck piece.

Cool thanks again! Is the mod a simple head swap or does it involve a lot more?

It's the older kit you should be looking for,here's the box cover. And beware of recasts,their smaller than the original and are usually sold without packaging and are cast in white/grey as far as i know
View attachment 185916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you would have to do some work on it if you have the ssc dlx vader you have to take the sculpt out so it would have the neck socket to fit. if you are using the stock body like I did.

Not sure if this is a place to post this question. But anways. I bought extra shoulder pads and I would like to somehow mount the spare Anakin head to it. I think I've seen someone do it before where they made a neck peg and stand. I was thinking of getting an extra naked body and pulling the most of the lower section off (sounds quite perverted I know). Any one have suggestions?

Anyone can help with this?

Not sure if this is a place to post this question. But anways. I bought extra shoulder pads and I would like to somehow mount the spare Anakin head to it. I think I've seen someone do it before where they made a neck peg and stand. I was thinking of getting an extra naked body and pulling the most of the lower section off (sounds quite perverted I know). Any one have suggestions?

If you go back to the start of this thread the first few pages cover what your looking for. Your own idea would work great:)

For people seeking the Kaiyodo kit: the hot toys vader has a mask that is almost as accurate and is already painted, drilled to work in 1/6 bodies, etc. Unless you need to have a modded vader now, I recommend waiting to grab the mask from eBay in September. If the size isn't too off, I suspect the hot toys mask and hasbro dome will work really well for an esb/rotj vader.

Darth_Vader.jpg

We do something similar , using a dressmakers pin the head is re profiled with a dinky file while being spun in a hobby tool , the H uses alloy tube which has the knurling (?) hand scored with a surgical scalpel , cut to length and put onto the pin just about see it on this head.......
image_zps9ah2tm0t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I wanted to share my custom Vader, using Matrix's recipe. Thanks for all the guidance man!
I still need to repaint the mask and armor( my first attempts didn't turn out so great) and I need to figure out some joints for the feet.
Also hoping to get a hurricane mask for him eventually.
It's pretty crazy the parts and time you can put in to this, but Vader is my all time favorite cinematic character, so why not?

Back