1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20141230_191320.jpg

here goes nothing..

Amazon.com: Purple Power (4320P) Industrial Strength Cleaner and Degreaser - 1 Gallon: Automotive

Also, what's with the masking? It should be painted all black and then gunmetal weathering afterwards and the vents should be brass, the small metal bits between the vents steel.

I felt doing it the other way around would make it easier.

All in all the paint isn't too bad actually. I think with a nice good gloss coat it can works out still. Just need to clean up the edges a bit with gunmetal.

oqbspx.jpg

Here's the hasbro dome on the SS mask. Looks alot better. My contingency plan. :lol

2ez5tls.jpg

Today I swapped the ANH body suit on to the ESB vader and swapped the rest of the ANH gear and EsB suit on to an extra ESB body id bought. End result two better vaders I hope. I'm happier with the ANH proportions more overall now as the skinnier suit makes the helm seem larger for that ANH look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I think I came late to this party, can anyone tell me which figure this Hasbro dome is from and if there is any thread on any modification to be done?

Well it's nothing compared to the recent efforts made on here, but I went ahead and did that simple helmet modification mentioned at the beginning of this thread, of lowering and tilting back the existing SSC helmet, and wow, gotta say it seems to make a HUGE difference. At least to me.

Suddenly I'm a whole lot happier with this figure.

IMAG2287 (467x800).jpg

IMAG2288 (452x800).jpg

I admit I was tempted to lower the helmet over the eyes even more, to give him that extra-sinister ANH look, but decided I better just stay with the ESB/ROTJ look instead. :p

He looks great man, the dome mod is a must. Got one a couple weeks back, been modding off and on. Not happy with him yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

105e78g.jpg

So it begins.. Again.

Tested another color of silver before clearing it of paint to see what I prefer. I'm going with something in the middle. This is just a bit too light.

2cennv7.jpg

Going to paint the silver by hand, is easier that way. Just have to do it VERY cleanlike for that ESB feel.

Back