1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes y'all are really mean to each other. Why can't one discuss the likes and dislikes of something in a civil and non-mudslinging way?

It's Ok,it's pretty much the norm in here if you don't agree with the delusional ELITIST'S opinions.For such a crappy figure,they sure post in here ALOT

This actually looks like one of the cooler figures of the line. It seems that all the Cobra have had a lot more work put into them than the joes

Destro is one of the BEST figures in this line and stands AWESOME with all the other Cobra's

It doesn't take much for one to assume you stockpiled a folder stored of "turd" related pictures that you hope to use against kl241 someday...

Hell, you even follow him into other threads to hurl your "turd foot" insult at him.

of course I did,because he was typically dumping on other people for not agreeing with him...He has nothing ever Good to say about Sideshow

So I play your stupid banter games and call out what he thinks is soooo good :rotfl I can play you people's kind of games too ;)

Holy smokes y'all are really mean to each other. Why can't one discuss the likes and dislikes of something in a civil and non-mudslinging way?
Because some on this forum actually believe their opinion is more important than others. That's not surprising on any forum. What does continually surprise me, are some of the comments considering that this is a site called "Sideshow Freaks". Based on the last comment, Kl421 is apparently happy that we may not see any more Joe figures.

Speaking for myself, some people are very much civil in expressing their dislikes. Other people feel the need to mischaracterize the expression of that civility. It all goes straight out the window after that.

I wish those people could appreciate the genuine disappointment in those of us who don't like this figure, but we all seem to get broadbrushed as haters and trolls. It's insulting to have our point of view trivialized because they can't accept a negative review of a toy they like. Anticipation of Destro is what got me into the line. I bought a lot of figures I had no intentions of buying initially, in support of the whole, just to get to an event that never happened.

Because some on this forum actually believe their opinion is more important than others. That's not surprising on any forum. What does continually surprise me, are some of the comments considering that this is a site called "Sideshow Freaks". Based on the last comment, Kl421 is apparently happy that we may not see any more Joe figures.

Who are you and when did you become intimately familiar with the thought processes of these people whom you don't know?

Last edited:

There are sadly some personalities on the bard that are not pleasant, especially with one another. The thread will be cleaned up... I'd do it, but my mod powers do not extend this far.

Speaking for myself, some people are very much civil in expressing their dislikes. Other people feel the need to mischaracterize the expression of that civility. It all goes straight out the window after that.
I wish those people could appreciate the genuine disappointment in those of us who don't like this figure, but we all seem to get broadbrushed as haters and trolls. It's insulting to have our point of view trivialized because they can't accept a negative review of a toy they like. Anticipation of Destro is what got me into the line. I bought a lot of figures I had no intentions of buying initially, in support of the whole, just to get to an event that never happened.

Who are you and when did you become intimately familiar with the thought processes of these people whom you don't know?

To be fair, when I first saw the intial launch photos, I was disappointed as well. I've always been an '82-'85 ARAH fan, it's what I grew up with, and as such I'd love a high quality, 1/6 line of true-to-card-art figures. But as I've mentioned in other posts, I had accepted that this was not Sideshow's intentions. I also agree that it's not fair to broadbrush anyone who doesn't like the figure as a hater or troll. But it's just as unfair to castigate those of us who like the figure. Sure, this figure strays from the original card-art, but for some to suggest that it doesn't look like Destro is rediculous. All one needs to do is Google "Destro" and they would see a multitude of different looks and interpretations (most by Hasbro themselves). All the Sideshow Joes/Cobras that I have on my shelves are outfitted in a way that is not so much modern, but a little more functional. I wouldn't want a Destro on the same shelf, with an open chest wearing a jumpsuit, and looking like he's about to ride on a Pride parade float. Destro needed to look functional to fit in with the line. But the identifying characteristics of the steel mask/head, red collar, black uniform, and gauntlets are all there. On top of that, he's clearly larger than the other Cobras.

Lastly, and with all respect, I can completely accept a negative review. But so far, I haven't seen one. A review is from someone who has actually had the product in-hand (but not necessarily purchased it). What I've seen so far are not negative reviews. They are simply differences in opinion about the design.

There are sadly some personalities on the bard that are not pleasant, especially with one another. The thread will be cleaned up... I'd do it, but my mod powers do not extend this far.

Expressing ones disappointment (or excitement) without attacking others and in a mature way makes sense to me but I also realize people are quite passionate about things they love and probably just get carried away. It's just unfortunate that sometimes the passion is so great that folks stoop to talking to one another as if they are back in grade school (of course I also realize that when some are not face to face with others it will cause situations where folks find it ok to attack, etc). I know, it's the internet and such is the ways when we are all bathed in anonymity.

I never said I was happy that the Joe line is over. To the contrary I am quite disappointed, but I am also extremely disappointed with how the line was mismanaged with baffling repaints like CCC and secondary versions of major characters that were not faithful to the original design. Really though, how can anyone be surprised that the line has been put on some so-called "hiatus" (i.e. "cancelled") when "interpretations" that have strayed too far from the iconic characters have been controversial with fans from the get go? Fans are indeed very passionate about their expectations, something most major toy companies today don't seem to get.

On a related note, in the same way I don't mind the update to Destro, if the Joe line continues and they make Gung-Ho, I'd be ok if they forego the bright blue vest in an effort to make him look more modern and functional as a soldier.
However, as Sideshow has specifically started a line of comic-like DC figures, it would really have bothered me if their Batman was designed similar to the Hot Toys movie Batmans... It's all about consistency!

Back